Alma27

Abused wife applied for AOS, I'm lost plz help me!

70 posts in this topic

I won't make any comments regarding there abuse that you have stated.

However, my only advice would be pack your bags and go home. Is staying the US, more important than your life itself? If his abuse is as bad as you say, forgot living in the US, its not worth more than your life! Go home, be with your family and friends, and forget about the possibility of a relationship with this human being.

:thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

Green card is too big an attraction to leave US...no matter how much abuse she's getting. If i were u i would go back to my home country..but for what i understand from you u don't wanna back out from green card so i guess just bear the consequences with it too.

I agree. you should return to your home county. at least you will have your family there. here in the US, you will be alone and on your own. I am sorry, but in my opinion you shouldn't be able to stay here. (just MY opinion) it would be a bit of a different scenario, if you came here on a fiancé visa. you didn't even know him, jumped into a marriage and now you wanna get a divorce and still get the GC ...

Edited by Symply_Me

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree. you should return to your home county. at least you will have your family there. here in the US, you will be alone and on your own. I am sorry, but in my opinion you shouldn't be able to stay here. (just MY opinion) it would be a bit of a different scenario, if you came here on a fiancé visa. you didn't even know him, jumped into a marriage and now you wanna get a divorce and still get the GC ...

Have you any compassion? Did you read where the OP stated that she is afraid to return to her country?

"...now you wanna get a divorce and still get the GC." In all fairness to the OP, she did not just wake up one morning and decide she wanted a divorce, did you miss the violence and abuse she wrote about?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

VAWA was intended to deal with cases like this, take advantage of it. As for the "go back to your country" replies, come on people, she came here in good faith, that's enough for the USCIS, it's good enough for me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am in a very complicated sitution, i am helpless and hopeless and need your advice please

I came to the US as a visitor on a B2 visa, had no intent to marry and stay here but i met someone, fell in love, got married after 4 months of dating/ 1 month before my I 94 expired. Everything was ok at first, then he started becoming very controlling and jealous. He would lock me up in the bedroom all day long and push me to the floor or on the bed if i tried to leave. Before i knew it, it got worse, he started threatening to kill me and himself and the physical abuse got bad. I called the police the first time because i was seriously afraid for my life. He got arrested, i got a 10 day restraining order that he broke (but i didn't report that), he came home begging for my forgiveness. I decided to give him another chance, i thought we could make it work, so we stayed together(have been married for 4 months now) and i recently sent forms I130, I485 and I864 (5 days ago, after 3 months of overstay). Then two days ago, my husband got drunk and started a fight with me over jealousy that was based on absolutely nothing. He choked me, pushed me to the ground in the streets, slapped me, pushed me on a paddle i got all drenched, my laptop got broken...etc etc. I told him i was going to call the police if he doesn't stop so he stopped out of fear. we go back home, he wakes me up at 5am and tries to cuddle with me, i refuse, i try to get out of bed then he grabs me, throws me on the bed and puts the comforter on my face as if he wants to smother me (i believe that he was trying to scare me so that i do as he says). The roommates heard both of us screaming and they called the police. he's in jail now and will probably be charged for attempted murder! (that's what the public defendant told me)! He wasn't trying to kill me, just to scare me/ threaten me, but they interpreted the choking and smothering as an attempt to murder.

I don't know what to do now, I still love him after all he did to me. Also, i don't know what is going to happen with my case, i guess i will go on with the process (biometrics, EAD etc) but when it comes time for the interview, my husband will probably be in prison or refuse to go with me out of revenge. I was told that i could apply for VAWA, but i also heard that the percentage of accepted cases was low and i don t know if i have enough evidence of abuse to help the potential case.

I am lost, please help me.

[/quoteHe wasn't trying to kill me, just to scare me/ threaten me, but they interpreted the choking and smothering as an attempt to murder.

I don't know what to do now, I still love him after all he did to me. Also, i don't know what is going to happen with my case, i guess i will go on with the process (biometrics, EAD etc) but when it comes time for the interview, my husband will probably be in prison or refuse to go with me out of revenge]

Sorry about your situation. I'm sure you know choking someone can kill the person so if they said attempted murder, that is true and are you sure you are now with him because you love him and not because you don't know what will happend to your case? and even if you love him,your life is the most valuable thing which you know. Once there is life, there is hope so I think you should go back to your country instead of getting yourself killed by someone. All the best.

Edited by kenvive

USCIS:

2011 / 1/24 - Married

2011/12/13 - I-130 sent

2011/12/13 - NOA1 Received

2011/04/30 - NOA2 (U.S.C.I.S Approved)

NVC:

2012/05/15- Received case #, IIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent DS-3032 through email

2012/05/16 -AOS Bill Invoiced $ Paid

2012/05/16 - AOS Bill Paid

2012/05/17 - AOS bill appears as Paid and I-864 package sent through E.M.S

2012/05/18 -IV bill invoiced & paid( IV Package sent)

2012/05/30 - Case Complete at NVC

2012/06/11- Interview date received(Packet 4 receive)

Interview Date 2012/07/10 Approve on 2012/07/16

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

2012/07/09 - Medical Report

2012/07/10 - Interview - Asked to bring a document(police report in maiden name)

2012/07/16 - Approved!!!

2012/08/24 - Visa received!!!

2012/08/29 - POE (Atlanta Airport)!!!

2012/09/10 - received Welcome Letter and Receipt Notice !!!

2012/09/15- received Green Card !!!

I am in a very complicated sitution, i am helpless and hopeless and need your advice please

I came to the US as a visitor on a B2 visa, had no intent to marry and stay here but i met someone, fell in love, got married after 4 months of dating/ 1 month before my I 94 expired. Everything was ok at first, then he started becoming very controlling and jealous. He would lock me up in the bedroom all day long and push me to the floor or on the bed if i tried to leave. Before i knew it, it got worse, he started threatening to kill me and himself and the physical abuse got bad. I called the police the first time because i was seriously afraid for my life. He got arrested, i got a 10 day restraining order that he broke (but i didn't report that), he came home begging for my forgiveness. I decided to give him another chance, i thought we could make it work, so we stayed together(have been married for 4 months now) and i recently sent forms I130, I485 and I864 (5 days ago, after 3 months of overstay). Then two days ago, my husband got drunk and started a fight with me over jealousy that was based on absolutely nothing. He choked me, pushed me to the ground in the streets, slapped me, pushed me on a paddle i got all drenched, my laptop got broken...etc etc. I told him i was going to call the police if he doesn't stop so he stopped out of fear. we go back home, he wakes me up at 5am and tries to cuddle with me, i refuse, i try to get out of bed then he grabs me, throws me on the bed and puts the comforter on my face as if he wants to smother me (i believe that he was trying to scare me so that i do as he says). The roommates heard both of us screaming and they called the police. he's in jail now and will probably be charged for attempted murder! (that's what the public defendant told me)! He wasn't trying to kill me, just to scare me/ threaten me, but they interpreted the choking and smothering as an attempt to murder.

I don't know what to do now, I still love him after all he did to me. Also, i don't know what is going to happen with my case, i guess i will go on with the process (biometrics, EAD etc) but when it comes time for the interview, my husband will probably be in prison or refuse to go with me out of revenge. I was told that i could apply for VAWA, but i also heard that the percentage of accepted cases was low and i don t know if i have enough evidence of abuse to help the potential case.

I am lost, please help me.

You state in part "I don't know what to do now, I still love him after all he did to me" Please get therapy for yourself. Heal yourself and distance yourself from this animal that has done this to you.

09/29/2011 entered the US under Visa Waiver Program

10/30/2011 got married

...Your timeline above clearly shows that you lack the moral standing to tell the OP about Fiancee visas :whistle: or anything of sorts because you clearly had the intention of getting married on your VWP. People who live in glass houses...

ha, I was with my husband in a stable relationship for YEARS before we got married and I just didn't meet him, while vacationing here. I always came here 3 months at a time and last time, he didn't want me to leave anymore. that's quite different. and yes, I said clearly its MY opinion. I can say a lot, but none of you have to believe me. go through this forum and read people's posts.

ha, I was with my husband in a stable relationship for YEARS before we got married and I just didn't meet him, while vacationing here. I always came here 3 months at a time and last time, he didn't want me to leave anymore. that's quite different. and yes, I said clearly its MY opinion. I can say a lot, but none of you have to believe me. go through this forum and read people's posts.

and FYI everybody, who judges my timeline b/c I got married on VWP. my husband and I would NEVER do antything against the law because of his job. the immigration officer at the interview even noticed that too, thats why i got my GC so fast. And hey, I clearly adjusted my status here without any problems :)) We got married during our Vegas Trip on Halloween without friends and without any family. just us two. does it seem like I came here to get married? ha, clearly not. did I wish, I would have be prepared? yes, because not having your parents there, was the hardest. I don't have to explain myself on my situation, because we are talking about somebody else here. it's funny, how EVERYBODY jumps on me for having a different opinion. maybe you should read a while back in this forum and you will see a pattern. like I said before, nobody has to agree with me, but attacking me in this situation, is clearly childish. I read in this forum everyday and I do know almost everything about fiancé visas. I am trying to help people out, but I am also not afraid, to tell how it is. read a few sites back here in this forum and you will see a clear pattern between situations & people.

Edited by Symply_Me

and FYI everybody, who judges my timeline b/c I got married on VWP. my husband and I would NEVER do antything against the law because of his job. the immigration officer at the interview even noticed that too, thats why i got my GC so fast. And hey, I clearly adjusted my status here without any problems :)) We got married during our Vegas Trip on Halloween without friends and without any family. just us two. does it seem like I came here to get married? ha, clearly not. did I wish, I would have be prepared? yes, because not having your parents there, was the hardest. I don't have to explain myself on my situation, because we are talking about somebody else here. it's funny, how EVERYBODY jumps on me for having a different opinion. maybe you should read a while back in this forum and you will see a pattern. like I said before, nobody has to agree with me, but attacking me in this situation, is clearly childish. I read in this forum everyday and I do know almost everything about fiancé visas. I am trying to help people out, but I am also not afraid, to tell how it is. read a few sites back here in this forum and you will see a clear pattern between situations & people.

I guess everybody on VWP can use your case as a reference to also stay back and be processed

even without extenuating circumstances. Anyways, USCIS seems to have believed you and maybe they will also believe the OP... : :thumbs:

Edited by S_R

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.