Captain Ewok

New VisaJourney Immigration Guides

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I would like to get our community feedback and ask for help in generating new Immigration Guides (or updating existing ones). If you have ever thought to yourself, "where is that guide" on a topic we don't cover, please feel free to reply to this thread and list the title/topic you would like to see a guide on. Also, for those members that would like to help out, I would like to work with you to help generate new guides (either ones you are passionate about or from the "new" ideas generated in this thread).

I hope this topic allows us to generate some great ideas and make some helpful additions to the site for the community!

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

I would like to get our community feedback and ask for help in generating new Immigration Guides (or updating existing ones). If you have ever thought to yourself, "where is that guide" on a topic we don't cover, please feel free to reply to this thread and list the title/topic you would like to see a guide on. Also, for those members that would like to help out, I would like to work with you to help generate new guides (either ones you are passionate about or from the "new" ideas generated in this thread).

I hope this topic allows us to generate some great ideas and make some helpful additions to the site for the community!

1. Add an optional section for high fraud countries: Section could breakout strategies and tactics for these countries such as front loading, evidence choices, etc.

2. Create an "Consulate Question Database" gleaned from past K1/Cr1 interviews. Create a sort function to return questions by country, visa type, etc.

Thanks !!

Brian

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

can we add timeline as a must to create your account , some times we need to know when they start and where they are to help other members and make it easier for the otheres

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage : 2008-03-03

I-130 Sent : 2008-05-29

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-06

TOUCHED : 2008-31-12

I-130 Approved : 2009-1-1

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. Accurate information on obtaining an SSN. It is not necessary to wait 2 weeks for a K-1 to receive an SSN, they can get one right away, usuallynext day after arriving

2. Update the address for the Kiev consulate

3. Improve information regarding children (K-2s, CR-2s) I will be glad to help with this if I can.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

1. Accurate information on obtaining an SSN. It is not necessary to wait 2 weeks for a K-1 to receive an SSN, they can get one right away, usuallynext day after arriving

2. Update the address for the Kiev consulate

3. Improve information regarding children (K-2s, CR-2s) I will be glad to help with this if I can.

I'd really appreciate the help on #3! Regarding #1, has the data entry time been reduced such that folks can go faster than 2 weeks and be assured their info is in the system? In the past we recommended two weeks to ensure that the SAVE-ASVI system had been updated.

I'll update that address right now. :)

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have written two lengthy articles on importation of plants into the US via phytosanitary certificates and moral turpitude both were posted in the Canada forum. These kinds of questions appear over and over again so VJ'ers might find them useful.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

I have written two lengthy articles on importation of plants into the US via phytosanitary certificates and moral turpitude both were posted in the Canada forum. These kinds of questions appear over and over again so VJ'ers might find them useful.

Can you provide a link? I can make these into guides as possible. I am also thinking of checking the wiki as that may be a source of basic guide material. The wiki is amazing for advanced data but many members go right to the guides, so taking items from there and making them into guides could be useful.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Can you provide a link? I can make these into guides as possible. I am also thinking of checking the wiki as that may be a source of basic guide material. The wiki is amazing for advanced data but many members go right to the guides, so taking items from there and making them into guides could be useful.

It's been a while but I'll look in the morning as it is getting quite late. Hope that you understand,

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is very small, but it'd be great for the ROC guide to be edited to say that USCIS may or may not send a letter reminding you to file (rather than *will* not). It seems every month or so, there's a new thread from someone concerned that they received a letter when they weren't expecting it.

AOS (from tourist w/overstay)

1/26/10 - NOA

5/04/10 - interview appt - approved

ROC

2/06/12 - NOA date

7/31/12 - card production ordered

N-400

2/08/13 - NOA date

3/05/13 - biometrics appt

6/18/13 - interview - passed!

7/18/13 - oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

can we add timeline as a must to create your account , some times we need to know when they start and where they are to help other members and make it easier for the otheres

YES!!! I suggested that twice when the subject came up but there was no reply to my question if we could possibly make this mandatory in order to have a profile!

Playing devils advocate was..... would anyone have a real reason of why they would NOT want to post their timeline and what might be negative ramifications if any?

TIMELINES for all!!! :dance:

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
would anyone have a real reason of why they would NOT want to post their timeline
Some long-time members who run into marital problems establish a profile under another name so that they can ask questions anonymously and receive information. If possible, an allowance should be made for people like this.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

YES!!! I suggested that twice when the subject came up but there was no reply to my question if we could possibly make this mandatory in order to have a profile!

Playing devils advocate was..... would anyone have a real reason of why they would NOT want to post their timeline and what might be negative ramifications if any?

TIMELINES for all!!! :dance:

The other issue is people who create FAKE timelines in order to set up an account which will throw data off. Plus what if someone just wants to ask questions and isn't at the filing stage yet? Or who are coming to ask qns for a friend (one just yesterday). They have no timeline to complete.

I do agree with the idea though... but it seem to hard to control given the variables.

Filed: Timeline

Updating the example PDF forms (e.g. the G-325A etc) would be nice. A lot of them are either out of date (they don't match current issued forms) or were filled in very oddly. I ran into some minor confusion when using them as a point of reference.

Edited by extrarius

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Updating the example PDF forms (e.g. the G-325A etc) would be nice. A lot of them are either out of date (they don't match current issued forms) or were filled in very oddly. I ran into some minor confusion when using them as a point of reference.

Agree with this. Also with updating the revision dates. For AOS for example the forms are dated 2010 as the latest date and they've DEFINITELY been updated since then.

Filed: Timeline

Agree with this. Also with updating the revision dates. For AOS for example the forms are dated 2010 as the latest date and they've DEFINITELY been updated since then.

So have at least one or two on the Packet 3 set of forms (Buenos Aires Consulate sends it electronically). I saw some fields missing and some new ones added hence the concern, if someone is not attentive enough this could cause a minor inconvenience.

Edited by extrarius