nomss

How to prove the financial difficulties or that I have met?

36 posts in this topic

I just want to make sure you are aware that the total cost plus all the expenses for the K-1 immigration visa + adjustment of status for green card + plane ticket will total up to around AT LEAST 2000-3000$

A flight ticket to Germany is not that expensive, you can get it under 1000$ during low season. If your family is supporting you, then you better ask them to buy either of you a ticket to see each other and consider that an additional cost of this whole immigration process. It is a strict requirement that you must have met once during the past two years. Trying to evade it and find a way around will end up cost you MORE money and time in the long run.

I'm sorry but if you can't afford to see each other at least once, I don't think you can afford to pay all the fees in this process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

The I-134 (submitted when she applies for the visa) and I-864 (submitted when she applies to adjust status to permanent resident) are the forms you will need to fill out, with supporting evidence, to to show that you have enough income/assets to support her.

You have to go meet her. Then you use boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts, photos to prove you have met her.

All right, thank you guys. It seems the best thing for me to do would be to meet her. So afterwards, when I am ready to apply fiance visa for her, I would be showing that I went to Germany, passport stamp, photo of us together. These two items will suffice? What is this receipts that you're talking about?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I just want to make sure you are aware that the total cost plus all the expenses for the K-1 immigration visa + adjustment of status for green card + plane ticket will total up to around AT LEAST 2000-3000$

A flight ticket to Germany is not that expensive, you can get it under 1000$ during low season. If your family is supporting you, then you better ask them to buy either of you a ticket to see each other and consider that an additional cost of this whole immigration process. It is a strict requirement that you must have met once during the past two years. Trying to evade it and find a way around will end up cost you MORE money and time in the long run.

I'm sorry but if you can't afford to see each other at least once, I don't think you can afford to pay all the fees in this process.

Thank you. It's just that I cannot afford this, but my family can and I was trying to avoid having to rely on them too much.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I definitely do not want to meet my fiance before the wedding. This has to do mostly with my financial difficulties and I feel it will be simply too much emotional hassle waiting wedding if I see her before. This is an arranged marriage as well. So I am just wondering how I would prove that I have financial difficulties.

Also, does anyone know if she will be able to go to school on fiance Visa? I know marriage visa will get her green card sooner. But there is this whole thing about meeting her once is the past two years that I am desperately trying to avoid.

Do you guys think getting a lawyer is best instead of me doing it myself? What about a site like this: http://www.easyfiancevisa.com/

Oh by the way, she is from Germany, so what if she comes over on Visa waiver and then I apply for fiance or marriage visa?

Anybody know when do we get our Certificate number that the fiance visa application asks for?

Thank you for your help.

Read the Replies. There is NO CHANCE. I Agree. With that said: I'm going to try and find Waldoo. You must go see her.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

All right, thank you guys. It seems the best thing for me to do would be to meet her. So afterwards, when I am ready to apply fiance visa for her, I would be showing that I went to Germany, passport stamp, photo of us together. These two items will suffice? What is this receipts that you're talking about?

Receipts for things that you spent money on while you visited her, to show that you were there. Don't forget to save boarding passes. You need more than one photo. Take photos with landmarks in the background.

Alternatively, she could come to the US, you would need the same kind of evidence.

The guide here describes the kind of evidence you will need:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by Lainie B

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

How are you going to sponsor when you can't even afford to / don't even want to visit her?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Those two items are evidence that the two of you meet in the last two years. It doesn't in themselves show the two of you have a bono ride relationship. You will need more evidence to show a real relationship to overcome suspicion of a marriage for a green card.

Do some serious reading on the k-1 process before you file. You don't seem to have a basic grasp of it based on your posts.

So I definitely do not want to meet my fiance before the wedding. This has to do mostly with my financial difficulties and I feel it will be simply too much emotional hassle waiting wedding if I see her before. This is an arranged marriage as well. So I am just wondering how I would prove that I have financial difficulties.

Also, does anyone know if she will be able to go to school on fiance Visa? I know marriage visa will get her green card sooner. But there is this whole thing about meeting her once is the past two years that I am desperately trying to avoid.

Do you guys think getting a lawyer is best instead of me doing it myself? What about a site like this: http://www.easyfiancevisa.com/

Oh by the way, she is from Germany, so what if she comes over on Visa waiver and then I apply for fiance or marriage visa?

Anybody know when do we get our Certificate number that the fiance visa application asks for?

Thank you for your help.

just playing as they say "devils advocate"....

you say this is an arranged marriage....so get parents to pay for trip to see the intended....?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

HOLD ON GUYS!!! the OP just barely Discovered this site 6 hrs ago.. he has NO idea what these forms are..

OP..

read these.. THEN read again>> THEN read some threads.. THEN read Guides again.. THEN read K1 Theads again..

then you will have better understanding..

http://www.visajourney.com/content/family-immigration-overview

http://www.visajourney.com/content/compare

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

okay here's the deal. You will not get the meeting requirement waived. It's is next to impossible and all the reasons you've stated simply aren't good enough. Financial doesn't work because you need to prove you're able to financially support her. To prove you've met in person you should keep your plane ticket stubs, take a photo or two together, and also photocopy the immigration stamp in the passport.

The k1 is a multi-stage process that you obviously haven't looked into. First is your petition. Then once that's approved it goes to her home country for the visa application process. There is more money at this stage, several forms, medical exams, and police checks as well as an interview to prove you're in love. For the visa portion one of the forms is the I-134 which is the Affidavit of Support. You need to prove you can support her and your household size (so your kids etc). For 2 people you need to earn at least $18,387 a year. If you don't you will need a co-sponsor who proves that they can support THEIR household size plus the immigrant.

If her K1 visa is approved (anywhere from 6-12+ months depending on several factors) she has 6 months to use her visa. Once she arrives she then has 90 days to marry you. Then you file MORE paperwork (current price $1070 called the Adjustment of Status "AOS" which gets her her greencard "GC" and takes around 3-6 months) as well as ANOTHER Affidavit of Support with the same income requirement however it's a different form and it's legally binding for several years. Again if you don't earn enough you can use a joint sponsor. She may or may not have an interview and again prove your undying love for each other.

Once she's had her GC for 2 years (minus 90 days) you file MORE paperwork called "Removal of Conditions". Current price for that is around $600 and takes around 3-6 months. It will probably go up between now and then. No income info is required for this part because the previous income info carries over from the AOS. There may or may not be ANOTHER interview here again proving your love for one another.

You will be required to add her to your bills, bank accounts and things like that to prove you are a legit couple and "co-mingling" assets for the AOS portion. It's not an easy process and if you're not in love I'm sure you'll find it rather irritating actually. Most of us have the knowledge we'll be with the person we love at the end of the long wait and that makes it more bearable.

Ouch, but Very True argument.

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Thank you for your help.

I don't think your financially or emotionally ready for this. Finnish school and get your act together, so you can go about this the right way. This how you talk to your future wife? If I were them I wouldn't want to come over here unless I just married for the Green Card and later divorced you. Best of luck. When I did the K1 I worked my #### off 7days a week for 2 years.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The process is what it is, either you want to do it or not. It is not nomss rules but USCIS. We all played the game got our visas and green cards, with hopefully happy ever after. It is you decision, follow the VJ guides and USCIS requirements for best or successful results.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.