nomss

How to prove the financial difficulties or that I have met?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

So I definitely do not want to meet my fiance before the wedding. This has to do mostly with my financial difficulties and I feel it will be simply too much emotional hassle waiting wedding if I see her before. This is an arranged marriage as well. So I am just wondering how I would prove that I have financial difficulties.

Also, does anyone know if she will be able to go to school on fiance Visa? I know marriage visa will get her green card sooner. But there is this whole thing about meeting her once is the past two years that I am desperately trying to avoid.

Do you guys think getting a lawyer is best instead of me doing it myself? What about a site like this: http://www.easyfiancevisa.com/

Oh by the way, she is from Germany, so what if she comes over on Visa waiver and then I apply for fiance or marriage visa?

Anybody know when do we get our Certificate number that the fiance visa application asks for?

Thank you for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

You have very low chance getting approved with such silly excuse. All that is going happen will be you loosing filing fee (after you get denied) which is not going to help with your financial difficulties.

I feel like stating financial difficulties for the reason of not having met will be a difficult case to prove. If you are looking to file a waiver, you might need an immigration attorney to look into your case. (which cost A LOT more money)

Also, if you have financial difficulties to prove, then how will you prove that you will be able to financially support your fiancee once she gets to the US? You must get a co-sponsor then.

Your fiancé can come to the USA to meet you and file for a fiancé or get married and file for spousal visa but she must go back to wait for her visa to be issued in Germany.

Edited by GandK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

you have to meet her with in the 2 years before submitting K1..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Timeline

You have very low chance getting approved with such silly excuse. All that is going happen will be you loosing filing fee (after you get denied) which is not going to help with your financial difficulties.

Well okay, I can avoid the emotional drama. But financial difficulty is still there. I am a student with part time work hardly making $8 per hour. Actually I am not even getting paid because I am helping out my brother but I live with them and eat with them. So how do I go about it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

But there is this whole thing about meeting her once is the past two years that I am desperately trying to avoid.

:o

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I don't know how to help you - I feel like expectation that you met someone you plan to spend at least part of your life with (or so you claim) is somewhat fair...

Timeline

I feel like stating financial difficulties for the reason of not having met will be a difficult case to prove. If you are looking to file a waiver, you might need an immigration attorney to look into your case. (which cost A LOT more money)

Also, if you have financial difficulties to prove, then how will you prove that you will be able to financially support your fiancee once she gets to the US? You must get a co-sponsor then.

Your fiancé can come to the USA to meet you and file for a fiancé or get married and file for spousal visa but she must go back to wait for her visa to be issued in Germany.

I do have family supporting me, so if I HAVE to see her then arrangements can be made. But then how would I show that I've met her?

Suppose she comes over on the fiance visa, she would not have to go back then right? Where does it ask to show that I would be able to support her?

Edited by nomss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

So I definitely do not want to meet my fiance before the wedding. This has to do mostly with my financial difficulties and I feel it will be simply too much emotional hassle waiting wedding if I see her before. This is an arranged marriage as well. So I am just wondering how I would prove that I have financial difficulties.

Also, does anyone know if she will be able to go to school on fiance Visa? I know marriage visa will get her green card sooner. But there is this whole thing about meeting her once is the past two years that I am desperately trying to avoid.

Do you guys think getting a lawyer is best instead of me doing it myself? What about a site like this: http://www.easyfiancevisa.com/

Oh by the way, she is from Germany, so what if she comes over on Visa waiver and then I apply for fiance or marriage visa?

Anybody know when do we get our Certificate number that the fiance visa application asks for?

Thank you for your help.

so your saying that you have financial difficulties but your thinking of getting a lawyer?????

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well okay, I can avoid the emotional drama. But financial difficulty is still there. I am a student with part time work hardly making $8 per hour. Actually I am not even getting paid because I am helping out my brother but I live with them and eat with them. So how do I go about it?

I'm guessing you wait a few years until you have saved up the money to visit and then meet the requirement. Unless it's a religious factor and within the norms of your religion to not meet prior to wedding(or it's more than difficult to do so), a hardship waiver in your case is most likely to be denied when it's based on a financial aspect. Basically, right now, all USCIS cares about is meeting those requirements for you to be eligible to petition.

You could still try to petition your fiance(e) but having the petition and interview at embassy approved is more than a battle. That alone(petition, medical and visa interview) will cost you about the same as a return ticket which makes the financial hardship hard to prove at interview stage.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

So I definitely do not want to meet my fiance before the wedding.

Just curious, does she feel the same way?

“The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

Jalal ad-Din Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I do have family supporting me, so if I HAVE to see her then arrangements can be made. But then how would I show that I've met her?

Suppose she comes over on the fiance visa, she would not have to go back then right? Where does it ask to show that I would be able to support her?

The embassy requires an affidavit of support(form i-134) after the petition has been approved. If you can't live up to that, then a co-sponsor might. Later on(after arriving in the US), you'll have to sponsor your now wife with the i-864 for Adjustment of Status. Again, a joint sponsor might be a solution to show you're capable of supporting your fiancee/spouse financially. Adjustment of Status is currently 1070 dollars.

A passport stamp in passport is often(if not all the time) considered proof of having been in the same country. That along with other primary and secondary evidence. I suggest you read the instructions for the i-129f, or the guides here.

These numbers are the minimum of what's required to pay. Vaccinations aren't included, passport pictures, travelling to and from embassy, plane tickets etc.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

The I-134 (submitted when she applies for the visa) and I-864 (submitted when she applies to adjust status to permanent resident) are the forms you will need to fill out, with supporting evidence, to to show that you have enough income/assets to support her.

You have to go meet her. Then you use boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts, photos to prove you have met her.

Edited by Lainie B

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Also, does anyone know if she will be able to go to school on fiance Visa?

Sure

I know marriage visa will get her green card sooner. But there is this whole thing about meeting her once is the past two years that I am desperately trying to avoid.

Can't, big requirement and you do not have the very few exceptional cases. Sri.

Do you guys think getting a lawyer is best instead of me doing it myself?

Usually they just cost extra money and make the process go longer. They do not have much other value if you can follow the guides and example forms given here.

What about a site like this: http://www.easyfiancevisa.com/

Ditto from above; just more cost and longer process times overall.

Yes, it doesn't matter where you meet or who does the traveling.

You may not have one, yet, so the answer would be None. Follow the Example Forms, link at the top of this page.

Thank you for your help.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

okay here's the deal. You will not get the meeting requirement waived. It's is next to impossible and all the reasons you've stated simply aren't good enough. Financial doesn't work because you need to prove you're able to financially support her. To prove you've met in person you should keep your plane ticket stubs, take a photo or two together, and also photocopy the immigration stamp in the passport.

The k1 is a multi-stage process that you obviously haven't looked into. First is your petition. Then once that's approved it goes to her home country for the visa application process. There is more money at this stage, several forms, medical exams, and police checks as well as an interview to prove you're in love. For the visa portion one of the forms is the I-134 which is the Affidavit of Support. You need to prove you can support her and your household size (so your kids etc). For 2 people you need to earn at least $18,387 a year. If you don't you will need a co-sponsor who proves that they can support THEIR household size plus the immigrant.

If her K1 visa is approved (anywhere from 6-12+ months depending on several factors) she has 6 months to use her visa. Once she arrives she then has 90 days to marry you. Then you file MORE paperwork (current price $1070 called the Adjustment of Status "AOS" which gets her her greencard "GC" and takes around 3-6 months) as well as ANOTHER Affidavit of Support with the same income requirement however it's a different form and it's legally binding for several years. Again if you don't earn enough you can use a joint sponsor. She may or may not have an interview and again prove your undying love for each other.

Once she's had her GC for 2 years (minus 90 days) you file MORE paperwork called "Removal of Conditions". Current price for that is around $600 and takes around 3-6 months. It will probably go up between now and then. No income info is required for this part because the previous income info carries over from the AOS. There may or may not be ANOTHER interview here again proving your love for one another.

You will be required to add her to your bills, bank accounts and things like that to prove you are a legit couple and "co-mingling" assets for the AOS portion. It's not an easy process and if you're not in love I'm sure you'll find it rather irritating actually. Most of us have the knowledge we'll be with the person we love at the end of the long wait and that makes it more bearable.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.