Day Dreamer

What are my chances? Prostitution charge and used a alias.

89 posts in this topic

the OP could be facing serious criminal charges. not being judgemental, but it doesn't look good.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Timeline

the OP could be facing serious criminal charges. not being judgemental, but it doesn't look good.

Husband too, if he knew all about this before the interview. He needs a lawyer as well, in case this gets referred to the Justice Department. That is why I anticipate a Stokes interview to get this all on record.

Edited by ☼

Husband too, if he knew all about this before the interview. He needs a lawyer as well, in case this gets referred to the Justice Department.

Why? I'm asking this genuinely.

OP has obviously screwed up here, but I do believe that some of the judgmental comments would be best left to OT. She's in a mess and she knows it, she doesn't need kicking while she's down.

24q38dy.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for diverting from the topic. please stay on topic and address the concerns of the op.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Why? I'm asking this genuinely.

OP asked:

What are my chances?

I am giving the worst case based on her question. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I don't see anywhere where the OP is asking for support and sympathy.

If I were you, I would seriously look into moving back to Belgium. You're lucky that it's a European country that's fairly wealthy as compared to the rest of the world. There are many more social programs over there if you need the help and immigration is less complicated (I have a friend who recently married a Belgian who told me about it).

It may not be a desirable move, after all, we have extraordinarily expensive health care, mediocre chocolate (comparably), and TV shows that don't show all their episodes each week (DH really hates this about America). But hey, it's not so bad in Belgium...

All kidding aside, I'm sorry that this happened to you, but all actions have their consequences and you made some poor decisions. Moving back to Belgium (with hubby in tow) is your best option, IMO.

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey this sounds tough. Was the charge recent? perhaps they'll be forgiving? I don't know if they will, but stranger things have happened. good luck to you. I hope it works out ok. :blush:

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

It has been my experience that even if your criminal case is dropped, sealed, or expunged, your fingerprints will remain forever in the FBI's database. They just don't go away. In the 1970's I was busted for " sleeping on private property" in the Florida Keys. It was only a $50 fine. But they took my fingerprints and to this day when a company does a background check on me they show up. It becomes a bit funny explaining that situation but I do have to explain, every time. You cannot hide this stuff.

Where you a bum or a hobo?

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Where you a bum or a hobo?

:)

Actually I was working as a systems engineer at IBM at the time. Just happened to meet a few guys while taking a few days off in Key West,and stayed at their place. Unknown to me their landlady did not like guests without her permission and called the cops.

Hey this sounds tough. Was the charge recent? perhaps they'll be forgiving? I don't know if they will, but stranger things have happened. good luck to you. I hope it works out ok. :blush:

C'mon Gabbi, really? Stranger things have happened?

Have you heard of a case that's worse than a) Misrepresenting yourself as a US citizen b) Being charged with prostitution c) Lying to an immigration officer ... and gotten approved? Any one of them is extraordinarily serious and all three combined? I think it's a snowball chance in hell and all that will happen is that the OP will lose lots of $$ to the lawyers, better spent on moving herself and hubby to Europe. America is a dead end for them, if they want to be together. What she did comes with serious consequences. Lesser mishaps have caused people to be banned...

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

I agree the chances are slim but we don't know for sure she misrepresented herself as a USC, do we?

I agree with the immigration lawyer's advice that a good criminal attorney is needed as well.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

When I got arrested I freaked out and used my friends name because I didnt know what my rights were, I was scared of getting deported. I never went back to take care of this situation.

My friend is working on getting this case expunged since it wasn't her.

Cead, assuming that the "friend" was a USC, she did so. Perhaps the "friend" was a permanent resident or a foreigner on a tourist visa (which, if the case, would be way worse for the "friend"). But you're right. The OP did not mention whether or not the "friend" was a USC, so perhaps she could be off of that charge.

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you declare your past when you applied for the B2?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.