Day Dreamer

What are my chances? Prostitution charge and used a alias.

89 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What does that have to do with her question?

Nothing, cant shine >>>>>

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Timeline

Did you declare your past when you applied for the B2?

Not relevant.

I entered the US legally on a B2 visa in Nov 2007.

Got married April 2011

Applied for AOS September 2011

EAD approved and received

Interview Jan 03

I have a pretty complicated case, during my interview the agent asked about my previous arrests, I told her the truth about one case (case got dismissed and thrown out). Not knowing they found out about a previous "prostitution" case in 2009

Cead, assuming that the "friend" was a USC, she did so. Perhaps the "friend" was a permanent resident or a foreigner on a tourist visa (which, if the case, would be way worse for the "friend"). But you're right. The OP did not mention whether or not the "friend" was a USC, so perhaps she could be off of that charge.

I agree - it sounds like there is a good chance the friend was a USC, but given the large number of immigrants to the US it is also possible the friend was an LPR. Though, honestly, it doesn't sound like that matters (except for the friend), since the prostitution charge as well as the material misrepresentation issue alone will probably result in denial and a ban.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Yes Bob, I understand all that, but I do think she gave me a chance to explain my arrest and I'm extremely blessed with this. I just really hope that they believe in second chances and that this happened before I decided to get married.

Good luck. I would say get an attorney as well. I hope there is a positive result for you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

12/9/11 - Sent I-130 packet

12/12/11 - I-130 delivered

12/14/11 - G-1145 notification

12/15/11 - NOA1

Filed: Other Timeline

Got married April 2011

Interview Jan 03

I wouldn't go gagga just yet.

All you have so far is an RFE, asking you to provide documentation that the case was dropped.

Your AoS has not been denied.

I.O.s have a lot of discretion, so it's possible that she doesn't want to hurt your husband's chances of happiness. After all, that's why overstay and working without authorization are being forgiven in the first place.

Instead of losing your mind, try to get the documentation required and take it one step at a time.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The law is not the law.

There was a disgusting program called the "Princess and the Marine" or whatever where the daughter of a Middle-East Shiek used falsified military ID to enter the country illegally and then despite her father making petition for her to obtain residency in the USA filed a fraudulent political asylum claim under the preposterous theory that this father requesting permanent US residency for her would have her stoned or something if she had to go back. Instead of a ban, the US government prepared an illegal visa for her and staged a propaganda event where they had her go to the Mexican Consulate, less than a day trip, to pick up the visa. This was a case of multiple felonies in addition to multiple immigration frauds being perpetrated and overlooked because she was a daughter of a shiek and because the media got all teary-eyed over a story that was a big lie to begin with.

I know a couple that made a huge mistake by including in their file the correspondence between themselves regarding her work as a prostitute in Angeles City. She was at the Embassy in Manila at the interview and the officer pulled out their emails where her fiance was telling her to make sure and not submit any emails referring to her work as a prostitute in Angeles City. She wrote back asking what lies to tell them regarding what she had been doing in those years. Incredibly, those were the emails she submitted to help prove they had a relationship. She was hot for sure, but about as smart as a box of rocks. Given all I heard about things, I was amazed she got the visa, but she did.

I don't know how the statute of limitations will come into play here if at all, but one thing is for sure - if you don't try then you fail with 100% certainty. It looks bad for sure, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Got married April 2011

Interview Jan 03

I have a pretty complicated case, during my interview the agent asked about my previous arrests, I told her the truth about one case (case got dismissed and thrown out). Not knowing they found out about a previous "prostitution" case in 2009.

When I got arrested I freaked out and used my friends name because I didnt know what my rights were, I was scared of getting deported. I never went back to take care of this situation.

My friend is working on getting this case expunged since it wasn't her.

The agent told me that I needed a certified copy that these charges were dropped, and that I don't have a criminal background on my real name in the city that I got arrested. The deadline is March 03. She did make me sign a form about the explanation that says that I need to renew my Green Card on time once I recieve it.

What are my chances? I do have a lawyer.

Get attorney and do some research. there is actually case law with a prostitution charge where the person was granted the VISA she requested. Not sure it will be easy but good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I spoke to some different lawyers, first thing I need to do is turn myself in and explain that the charge is the wrong name and go from there, there's a big chance they won't make a big deal out of the fact that I used someone else's name (this seems to happen a lot). And because I'll be turning myself in there's a chance they'll overlook that part. (off course it's a MAYBE)

This happened in the State of Tennessee.

Besides this charge I've never got myself in trouble, not here and not in Belgium. It was a stupid mistake and now I'm paying for it, and I also understand that everything happens for a reason.

I just wish that they could give me a 2nd chance.

Why don't they believe in the 2 year Green Card "probation" I can prove in those 2 years that I'm really not a bad person :-(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The 2 year green card is not probationary. That is not how it works. The problem is, you say you are a changed person but then lied to them again. How do they know you are a changed person.

I do hope you turn yourself in, what you did to your 'friend' was really crappy and apparently she is still trying to fix it.

Does your husband know about all of this as it now affects him too?

Good luck

Edited by canadian_wife

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What can I do to fix this?

I would say put aside the trying to figure out what will happen and do what they ask, I believe you detailed it above? You indicated you have a lawyer so do what they ask and try to straighten it out. None of us can really predict what they'll do. Start telling the truth from now on and hopefully it will work out in your favour.

'The agent told me that I needed a certified copy that these charges were dropped, and that I don't have a criminal background on my real name in the city that I got arrested. The deadline is March 03. '

Good luck

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would say put aside the trying to figure out what will happen and do what they ask, I believe you detailed it above? You indicated you have a lawyer so do what they ask and try to straighten it out. None of us can really predict what they'll do. Start telling the truth from now on and hopefully it will work out in your favour.

'The agent told me that I needed a certified copy that these charges were dropped, and that I don't have a criminal background on my real name in the city that I got arrested. The deadline is March 03. '

Good luck

I agree with this comment, you will hear many opinions here but the agent reviewing your case can make it or not a big deal his/her opinion is the one that matters. Be honest, give them what they ask for as soon as you can. Good luck.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

I agree with this comment, you will hear many opinions here but the agent reviewing your case can make it or not a big deal his/her opinion is the one that matters. Be honest, give them what they ask for as soon as you can. Good luck.

This is true to an extent but certain things IOs cannot overlook. One of the questions asked in the interview specifically relates to prostitution, if I recall correctly. If the charges have indeed been dropped, that is a good start so OP should begin by getting everything into her name and then producing evidence the charges were dropped if they indeed were.

OUR TIMELINE

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I know a couple that made a huge mistake by including in their file the correspondence between themselves regarding her work as a prostitute in Angeles City. She was at the Embassy in Manila at the interview and the officer pulled out their emails where her fiance was telling her to make sure and not submit any emails referring to her work as a prostitute in Angeles City. She wrote back asking what lies to tell them regarding what she had been doing in those years. Incredibly, those were the emails she submitted to help prove they had a relationship. She was hot for sure, but about as smart as a box of rocks. Given all I heard about things, I was amazed she got the visa, but she did.

If I was part of that couple I wouldn't encourage her to apply for Citizenship.

Having worked as a prostitute is supposed to make her inadmissible. If she applies to naturalize and the prostitution is rediscovered during her case-file review for the N-400 it could not only cause the naturalization to be denied but also trigger a revocation of her LPR Status as it never should have been granted in the first place.

That is probably the biggest problem with doing anything sketchy during the immigration process, it can come back to bite you in the #### years later...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got married April 2011

Interview Jan 03

I have a pretty complicated case, during my interview the agent asked about my previous arrests, I told her the truth about one case (case got dismissed and thrown out). Not knowing they found out about a previous "prostitution" case in 2009.

When I got arrested I freaked out and used my friends name because I didnt know what my rights were, I was scared of getting deported. I never went back to take care of this situation.

My friend is working on getting this case expunged since it wasn't her.

The agent told me that I needed a certified copy that these charges were dropped, and that I don't have a criminal background on my real name in the city that I got arrested. The deadline is March 03. She did make me sign a form about the explanation that says that I need to renew my Green Card on time once I recieve it.

What are my chances? I do have a lawyer.

Hello: If you have a good attorney you have done your part by doing what he/she has told you to do. Just take everything you get on VJ with a grain of salt (don't believe it). People in this forum often answer things and sound convincing when they have no idea. I took advice here and got a RFE. Then after I got the RFE people knew the correct answer. It's hard to know who to trust. If someone answers you that they have been in the same situation before then discuss it with them is my suggestion. Alot of what you're getting is rhetorical BS.

There is often a lot of wrong answers in the forums, true. But I haven't seen any rhetorical BS here. Material misrepresentation is grounds for denial and deportation. Prostitution makes one inadmissible. These are facts. There may be loopholes, but the facts given here are far and wide the truth.

OUR TIMELINE

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.