problem24

found out my husband has other children....

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay well.. you HAVE to mention the children now that you know about them. USCIS WILL ask questions about it.

In the interview they might ask you "why are these children only mentioned now?" and your answer will be what? "Well he lied to me since we've been together and only admitted the truth about these other kids a year ago" OR "I forgot". So you either admit he lied to you, you lie and tell them that you just forgot, or you admit you BOTH lied.

Unfortunately seeing you've already gone through 2 processes where you should have disclosed the information it's hard to pass "I forgot" or "I misunderstood" as the reason. He lied to you for years. He lied while you were dating, he lied while engaged. He lied when you married. He could well have married you for immigration reasons and that's probably what USCIS will think.

I definitely think you should speak to an attorney.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Okay well.. you HAVE to mention the children now that you know about them. USCIS WILL ask questions about it.

In the interview they might ask you "why are these children only mentioned now?" and your answer will be what? "Well he lied to me since we've been together and only admitted the truth about these other kids a year ago" OR "I forgot". So you either admit he lied to you, you lie and tell them that you just forgot, or you admit you BOTH lied.

Unfortunately seeing you've already gone through 2 processes where you should have disclosed the information it's hard to pass "I forgot" or "I misunderstood" as the reason. He lied to you for years. He lied while you were dating, he lied while engaged. He lied when you married. He could well have married you for immigration reasons and that's probably what USCIS will think.

I definitely think you should speak to an attorney.

It can be hard to convince them of a legitimate marriage relationship when one does not disclose the existance of CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!! And the shared care of children is such outstanding evidence for the I-751 also. Too bad.

Then again you may not even have an interview or any questions asked, we didn't. I strongly suggest you do not omit anything else and hope for the best.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I know I am late to this but...

My husband has one child, biologically (10 y/o). We didn't disclose that in any of our forms because he is not on the child's BC as father (someone else is, long story). My husband is sure it is his child but never any DNA test.

Will we have any problems? If in a couple years, my husband's son wants to come to the US will they be able to go through the whole process? I know they will have to do DNA and adress the BC issues, but will it be an issue that we left him off of the original forms?

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't believe any of this but lets assume its true.

Visa Fraud was committed and false docoments.

You been here on VJ Several Years but now as a NewBe ask such a question?

Someone is Supporting those children. Who? Is that a free service.

Your husband never told you about other children. Oh please! (I never knew :whistle: ) Who writes them off on taxes and/or claims as dependants?

So, how old are the NEW MYSTERY CHILDREN? My husband never told Me! He had other children.... :crying:

I've seen some stories here but if what you say is true. You need an Attorney.

Why don't you make a real Timeline if you want to ask such a question now that you have decided to come out of the dark.

Good Luck to You

hey buddy why do u sound so harsh? u wanna help or scrutinize? n why does it matter that this person is asking this as a newbie member? jeeez

Love Conquers All...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Omission is a misrepresentation, whether if rises to fraud or not is a call buy USCIS. If you are truly concerned see an immigration or other related attorney for family matters.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I know I am late to this but...

My husband has one child, biologically (10 y/o). We didn't disclose that in any of our forms because he is not on the child's BC as father (someone else is, long story). My husband is sure it is his child but never any DNA test.

Will we have any problems? If in a couple years, my husband's son wants to come to the US will they be able to go through the whole process? I know they will have to do DNA and adress the BC issues, but will it be an issue that we left him off of the original forms?

Thanks for your comments. I have consulted an immigration attorney reccommended by someone on here (thank you). I should also have mentioned that neither of the children have birth certificates or any documentation leading to my husband for the time being (they will need them before entering junior high). Thank you again for all your help. I will come back when all is said and done and update so that maybe someone can benefit from this. Although, I do hope that no one else has to deal with this situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for your comments. I have consulted an immigration attorney reccommended by someone on here (thank you). I should also have mentioned that neither of the children have birth certificates or any documentation leading to my husband for the time being (they will need them before entering junior high). Thank you again for all your help. I will come back when all is said and done and update so that maybe someone can benefit from this. Although, I do hope that no one else has to deal with this situation.

As an innocent bystander, I feel bad for YOU and applaud you for your patience/understanding to say the least! at this point you have invested time, emotions, money, life and whatnot then this springs out of nowhere. This is not the best thing to say, but what else is not being put on the table by your spouse? I wish you the best and well!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I suppose it's impossible for us to determine how USCIS will react but HONESTY IS ALWAYS THE BEST POLICY. You know about the children now and because they were not documented before, this will have to be righted. An immigration attorney sounds like a wise idea, although we've all heard the horrow stories about how some don't seem to know anything.

Circumstances happen beyond our control and all we can do is be honest and try our best to correct it. This will be a concern to USCIS since these children could potentially gain citizenship through their father eventually (I'm assuming these are NOT adult children). THat may not have been his intention at all...perhaps he was embarassed by the situation who knows.

Deal with the here and now. I'm not going to make a judgement call on how you're dealing with something within your marriage, it's simply not my place, this must be a very rough situation from start to finish.

Good luck

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Hello,

I've been a member here for several years, but due to the sensitivity of this topic, I chose to sign in under another name. My husband and I have been married for 2 1/2 years or so. We went through the k-1 visa process, aos, etc. we're approaching the time to fill out the paperwork for removing conditions. my husband told me about a year ago (around the time our own son was born) that he has two other children that he never told me about. I was, understandably, very upset but we have been working through it. We have since been in regular contact with the children (who are not living with their birth mother but with a friend of my husband's family). My question is that we didn't claim the children on any of the other paperwork-not with the k-1 or AOS. If I would have known, we would have claimed them. I don't want to lie and I''m so scared that we're going to have issues suddenly claiming these children. They will not be moving here for the time being as we may move back to my husband's home country to be closer with them. For right now, though, we are proceeding with ROC, and I'm just so confused....I feel like we need an attorney, but I don't know where to start there either. I know it's probably a shot in the dark to find someone who's been through the same thing, but any advice would be appreciated. Should I find a local lawyer (small town) or find someone form a bigger law firm? Help!

Just curious how old the kids are...

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So kids are 6 yrs and 8 yrs old none of them have BC - your husband is not mentioned on their BC (as they dont have one)

He has not mentioned of him having any children during the whole immigration process.

Suddenly someone has 2 children whom he wants to bring to US.

How is it going to work? You would need a very very good immigration lawyer from USCIS perspective either your Husband purposely omitted the information for his benefit or he is coming up with this new children to immigrate them to US.

thank you for the helpful comments. i have consulted an attorney. i do ask that you please refrain from hurtful comments about my husband's intentions. i know how it sounds, but please refrain from judgment-or at least refrain from voicing it here.

is there any way this topic can be closed? i really would rather this not turn into one of those threads....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

thread closed per op request

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.