In a tizzy

Sudden CHANGE!!! What do I do!?

190 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The person you quoted was not implying anything about "real muslims" but was in fact saying that by the OP's husbands stance (as stated in the OP) would have many issues if she were in a field where touching a man were necessary. This is nothing against YOU or your husband but against the OP's fiance who is being REALLY irrational and ridiculous.

" Islam is one in all the world and I am getting so surprised with the people whom are saying that's they are muslim and we don't have this this is a big lie.of course some are muslim only by name and they don't have any relation with Islam and try to give all bad name to islam."

I think she was referring to this statement, not Jenn's.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

IMHO, you should be with a man that not only loves, values, adores, & appreciates YOU... but one that can love, value, adore & appreciate everything YOU DO for others.

Absolutely! I mean... a lot of my deaf/blind students (deaf with LOW vision) typically are not aware of their rights and are in homes where communication is almost NIL. So... Who else will go out there and work with them? They are not an easy lot for me, but my passion calls for it.

:)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I love when one person arbitrarily decides who or what a "real Muslim" is.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Fortunately, it is between her and Allah, as it should be, and no one else's business. Only she understands what is expected of her: Muhammad(SAW) said, "O Wabisah! are you come to ask what is goodness and what is badness?" Wabisah said, "Yes, I am come for that." Then He joined his fingers and struck them upon Wabisah's breast, that is made a sign towards his heart, and said, "Ask the question from thine own heart." This he repeated three times aloud and said, "Goodness is a thing from which thy heart findeth firmness and rest; and badness is a thing which throweth thee into doubt, although men may acquit thee."

THANKS! I am definitely going to look this up and use it as my source of debate tonight - round 2.

I wonder what this guy would say if she were in the medical field or in some other occupation where she might have to examine naked men.

Some gaps just cannot be bridged, the end.

OHH! OHHH!!!!! Speaking of naked men.

Gee, I have a BA in physical therapy and 80% of my client base were males. I had been a physical therapist for 7 years before moving on to a "gentler" career. I was a physical therapist for "Coal Miners" down in the remotest parts of Alabama for a few years AND on top of that, I worked with YOUNG men between the ages of 18-25 that suffered from traumatic brain injury (TBI).

Naturally, the boys with TBI have no sense of modesty, and they are unaware of their inhibitions, often times disoriented, discombobulated, out of sorts and all depending on the "Glasgow Scale" of severity. Well, during their course of care, a lot of times they would just ambulate the halls during therapy and start to "disrobe" and become incoherent ON the spot. They expose themselves because they are NOT right in their heads. IT's almost like reprogramming a 3 year old brain in a 20 year old body.

During those therapy moments, I have seen plenty of PENII (it's a plural term for MANY ####### / not penises) in my whole life, more than I need to. None of these moments faze me. I mean, you've seen one #######, you've seen them all.

RIght now, in my teaching career, AGAIN is predominately males... my student ratio is 4 males to one female. I am an agriculture/horticulture teacher SPECIFICALLY for sensory impaired kids. So, a lot of "tactile" instructions take place.

:huh: I'll have to address this matter with my man during round 2. I don't think he's ever met someone like me - a female doing this kind of thing. SERIOUS talk is needed!

Well, thinking about it right now.... I am not the sweet helpless diminutive girl who sits and waits for her knight in a shining armor to rescue her. I grew up in a very dominant male household (4 BIG uncles, 8 BIG male cousins, 6 BIG male 2nd cousins, 1 BIG brother, 2 BIG fathers step/bio), and situated right outside of the Marine base.

I am starting to realize maybe my fiance does not KNOW enough about me and he thinks he can "impose" such edict on me.

We're gonna have another BIG talk and I'm ARMED and ready for a match.

More to follow....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

seriously, no matter what islam or anyone else says... this is not gonna work out well for you. he is asking you to do things that just arent in your nature and nothing you say will make him think he is wrong. please... walk away

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am starting to realize maybe my fiance does not KNOW enough about me and he thinks he can "impose" such edict on me.

We're gonna have another BIG talk and I'm ARMED and ready for a match.

More to follow....

I suggest you pull the I-130 and cancel it all. It's easy for him to back out of what he said now, tell you he didn't realise it would upset you blah blah blah then he moves here and you realise he lied just so you wouldn't pull the visa and you're now living in hell. I think he's testing you. Say no and he'll be sweet until he gets here then he'll tell you he TOLD you this is how it would be.. no no no. Do NOT go through with the visa. Far too many red flags.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

It sounds like you know what you want to do (go through with immigration) so I suggest you stop arguing and going "rounds" with your fiance and just start to prepare for your life together. I can almost guarantee your fiance will never get that he's wrong and you'll never get that he's not going to change. You'll learn that soon enough when he gets here and you realize that googling ayas, hadith and various Islamic terms isn't going to help your cause or make him change. This isn't really about Islam. Its about control and manipulation.

SO agreed and duly noted.... read next reply. :huh:

Vj'ers....

I hope I can make this short. This is NOT GOOD for me.

I'm definitely in a tizzy and my panties in a BIGGER wad!

There was no round 2. :blink: He did send an email saying he hopes to adjust to my way of life and was acting all nice and normal. He stated that all he did was ask me "WHY was I smiling?" - simple as that and not to get upset about it. Just like what Mithra said that he would act like he did nothing wrong.... We did not even skype at all, like I had hoped. He's already on the bus to make an overnight trip to Algiers.

:bonk: I am trying not to beat myself over this 11th hour thing.

Due to my being deaf, I use relay agent to make calls for me (translating my signs into voice). Well, seems like 10 companies that employ relay agents DO NOT make international calls. Therefore, a call to the Duty Officer was not possible.

SO, I had to email the CO with case number/admission number etc etc... and explained in simple layman's terms of my, ummm, desire to SUSPEND the interview decisions UNTIL I AM CONTACTED. I left them my pertinent contact information and my number (which can be done from international to USA {not vice versa}).

As of Monday, I am going to find ways to contact USCIS (which I had done) and explain (repeat) what I had told the CO.

(THINKING- actually I have a million cuss words circulating in my brain at the moment!)...

I've already got several possible back up actions planned right now for the "WHAT IF he is denied," for the "WHAT IF he is APS," for the "WHAT IF the decision is suspended," and for the "WHAT IF he is approved."

I would hate to admit right now that I am... literally discombobulated.

Words cannot explain how much I am overwhelmed and bowled over by your support! I am truly humbled...

TO BE CONTINUED....

p.s. Yep, I am going to a place to pray for DIVINE INTERVENTION, a MAJOR ONE! It will be 7:30am my time when he has his interview. SOMETHING MUST HAPPEN.

Sorry, I need to stop and pop an emergency anti-anxiety pill.

E

Edited by In a tizzy

seriously, no matter what islam or anyone else says... this is not gonna work out well for you. he is asking you to do things that just arent in your nature and nothing you say will make him think he is wrong. please... walk away

I THINK I AM TOO LATE! I'll have the face the music. (Wait, I forgot, I cannot hear). Nevermind. I'll figure this one out: Putting on big girl panties!

Edited by In a tizzy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

E,

Contact US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) also; they have the ability to refuse him entry to the US.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

E,

Contact US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) also; they have the ability to refuse him entry to the US.

:huh: That's the information I need at hand right at this moment. It helps. I just have NO idea what to expect within the next few hours.

At the same time....

I had realized he has never seen me in my own environment - using sign language. Never met my family. Never seen my stomping grounds. Never met my friends. Never seen my EVERY bit of my whole living situation.

Not that I am trying to rationalize his reason for telling I cannot do this and that.

He just does not know who I am and is only aware of his own culture, whereas I've met him, his family, his stomping grounds, and etc.

(Thinking...) That's a HUGE gap that may need to be address with him.

I'm putting a stop to this whole chaos and wait for the outcome of the interview.

To be continued....

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:huh: That's the information I need at hand right at this moment. It helps. I just have NO idea what to expect within the next few hours.

CBP Questions/Customer Service contact information

TDD: 1-866-880-6582

This would probably be the best place to start should it become necessary for you to contract CBP.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.