In a tizzy

Sudden CHANGE!!! What do I do!?

190 posts in this topic

CBP Questions/Customer Service contact information

TDD: 1-866-880-6582

This would probably be the best place to start should it become necessary for you to contract CBP.

YES! Thank you... Just what I REALLY need. It feels like purgatory right now, the waiting part....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

You write several times of God's plan for you and how it will play out. God's plan for you could be for you to start owning your life, and taking action in your best interests. If you really want to live in the 7th century, God isn't going to stop you or fix it for you.

Filed: Timeline

E. If you truly did contact the embassy in time and they did get your message about your reservations then it is over. I'm sorry E. It is done and there is no going forward. It is difficult to come out of something like this when it is made a mess of. I can't count the times I've seen this freak out happen pre-interview and it's done. I hope that you may be able to move forward from this and let him go. There have been those that have attempted to undo what they've done to give it a chance and move forward but I've never seen it be undone successfully and things move forward from here. I wish you all the best for you future without him. If they did have the interview and didn't have your information in time then there may still be a chance but it is doubtful either way in the 11th hour.

Edited by JINNY

You write several times of God's plan for you and how it will play out. God's plan for you could be for you to start owning your life, and taking action in your best interests. If you really want to live in the 7th century, God isn't going to stop you or fix it for you.

Exactly... talk about a conundrum. :wacko:

E. If you truly did contact the embassy in time and they did get your message about your reservations then it is over. I'm sorry E. It is done and there is no going forward. It is difficult to come out of something like this when it is made a mess of. I can't count the times I've seen this freak out happen pre-interview and it's done. I hope that you may be able to move forward from this and let him go. There have been those that have attempted to undo what they've done to give it a chance and move forward but I've never seen it be undone successfully and things move forward from here. I wish you all the best for you future without him. If they did have the interview and didn't have your information in time then there may still be a chance but it is doubtful either way in the 11th hour.

Jinny,

Yes, you're right. I am willing to accept whichever decision comes out. I just hope the embassy contacts me SOON.

I've learned... no matter what, everything will be ok, regardless of the outcome.

Em

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

From what I have read about your case, there would seem to be a very very small chance of him getting a visa, without all this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

From what I have read about your case, there would seem to be a very very small chance of him getting a visa, without all this.

Boiler, he is a MENA male, which means he'll get APS or the likes of it. So... you're probably right on the nose: "even without all this"...

Embassy emailed me and said they will schedule a phone appointment with me. End of message. Their email messages are always SO succinct, concise, and to the point. I know nothing more further than this.

Waiting to hear the outcome of the interview. It's been 7 hours past his appointed hour and now still no response from him. I'm still in the dark.

E

Timeline

Boiler, he is a MENA male, which means he'll get APS or the likes of it. So... you're probably right on the nose: "even without all this"...

Embassy emailed me and said they will schedule a phone appointment with me. End of message. Their email messages are always SO succinct, concise, and to the point. I know nothing more further than this.

Waiting to hear the outcome of the interview. It's been 7 hours past his appointed hour and now still no response from him. I'm still in the dark.

E

I don't know how good the communications infrastructure is in Algeria, but I have to think you would have heard from him by now. You always read of folks contacting their dearly beloved with their interview results from almost every country.

Hopefully they got your message and acted accordingly. As hard as it will be on you in the short term, it's always better to dodge the bullet.

I don't know how good the communications infrastructure is in Algeria, but I have to think you would have heard from him by now. You always read of folks contacting their dearly beloved with their interview results from almost every country.

Hopefully they got your message and acted accordingly. As hard as it will be on you in the short term, it's always better to dodge the bullet.

I so concur with you.

There are SO many things that due to my Deafness/Deafhood, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be in COMPLETE compliance with the "sunna"/"hadith" especially with forbidding ANY kind of public facial expressions and "the looking down" when in presence of men.

Those are the two things that I AM UNABLE to adapt, UNABLE to change, ALL because I am deaf and USE my eyes and facial expressions are a part of the Deaf Linguistics.

I've already attempted to seek out middle ground and etc and already got lashed on fast.

More to come.

E

Fellas,

News just came in. As bizarre as it is.... his fiance visa is tentatively approved, not even an APS, not even a denial. :unsure:

They are holding the results until I am reached. The embassy is in possession of his passport.

Bizarre, that there's no APS on him!?

Nevertheless, I pretty much know what to do next. I have avenues and resources. I KNOW I have the POWER NOT to marry him. In that case, I'm getting a refundable one way ticket for any case of SNAFU.

Someone inboxed me and said for me to "take" him to many functions as possible, MEET ALL my family in various settings as possible, meet my FRIENDS (males / females), and DECIDE on the 89th day, whether he needs to go back or not.

ALSO, I am getting a pre-nup written up... FOR PLAN C. I'm divorced and KNOW this now a PRE-NUP is a MUST.

Excuse me, I need to go and get busy, back in the tizzy.

Perhaps they told him about tentative approval so as not to enrage him and until they speak with you - tentative can go to denied due to lack of bonafides or your withdrawal of petition (no petition, no visa to issue).

Good luck and keep us posted!

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

So true. My argumentative point with folks who declare themselves to follow SUNNA contradict themselves especially when they live in "standard" homes, driving cars, using electrical appliances.... To follow sunna would be "living in a tent with no running water, no electricity, no zipper, no electric appliances, and etc" and use a camel for transport.

That kinda baffles me. This is the 21st century and I don't see places that are "camel friendly" or "camel-ready."

No offense to ANYONE.

Perhaps they told him about tentative approval so as not to enrage him and until they speak with you - tentative can go to denied due to lack of bonafides or your withdrawal of petition (no petition, no visa to issue).

Good luck and keep us posted!

AHH That explains! :unsure: Thank you again.

Edited by In a tizzy

Timeline

Fellas,

News just came in. As bizarre as it is.... his fiance visa is tentatively approved, not even an APS, not even a denial. :unsure:

They are holding the results until I am reached. The embassy is in possession of his passport.

Bizarre, that there's no APS on him!?

Nevertheless, I pretty much know what to do next. I have avenues and resources. I KNOW I have the POWER NOT to marry him. In that case, I'm getting a refundable one way ticket for any case of SNAFU.

Someone inboxed me and said for me to "take" him to many functions as possible, MEET ALL my family in various settings as possible, meet my FRIENDS (males / females), and DECIDE on the 89th day, whether he needs to go back or not.

ALSO, I am getting a pre-nup written up... FOR PLAN C. I'm divorced and KNOW this now a PRE-NUP is a MUST.

Excuse me, I need to go and get busy, back in the tizzy.

Even if he got the visa, he still has to get into the US. You have options if you don't want to do this, and just having someone move in with you is a huge commitment, so think long and hard here. If he needs money for a plane ticket, well, you don't have to buy it. Even if he shows up, you don't have to go to the airport to get him. You don't have to answer your door if he shows up.

My point is, don't feel you must now use that 90 day period as a trial. His being granted the visa places ZERO obligation on you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I KNOW I have the POWER NOT to marry him. In that case, I'm getting a refundable one way ticket for any case of SNAFU.

I concur with the above poster. Why are you buying him a ticket at all? His visa approval doesn't mean that you are now obligated to continue down your original path.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.