lovers0309

I need the expedite process

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I read about the expedite process sent by one of the petitioners. Whatever reasons for her decision to call USCIS, is for the USCIS to decide whether to approve it or not. It's their discretion anyway. I am writing this to ask anyone for an opinion. A good friend of ours gave me this info regarding expedite process, so grateful. My fiancee is the petitioner we mailed our I-129F July 20 and got NOA1 July 22, 2011,until now we are still waiting for the NOA2. The reason why we need to be together soon is that my fiancee needs to undergo biopsy again on Oct 5,2011 for his vocal cord. He needs me very much. He lives alone and longs for me to be with him during this time. Will we be qualified for the expedite process or will it affect our petition. Please help me with your honest opinion. Thank you very much. And to us all God bless

I read about the expedite process sent by one of the petitioners. Whatever reasons for her decision to call USCIS, is for the USCIS to decide whether to approve it or not. It's their discretion anyway. I am writing this to ask anyone for an opinion. A good friend of ours gave me this info regarding expedite process, so grateful. My fiancee is the petitioner we mailed our I-129F July 20 and got NOA1 July 22, 2011,until now we are still waiting for the NOA2. The reason why we need to be together soon is that my fiancee needs to undergo biopsy again on Oct 5,2011 for his vocal cord. He needs me very much. He lives alone and longs for me to be with him during this time. Will we be qualified for the expedite process or will it affect our petition. Please help me with your honest opinion. Thank you very much. And to us all God bless

Well as you said it is at the USCIS discretion. Usually it granted for the military personel with scheduled deployment.

While you are talking about medical condition, even if USCIS will approve your expedite processing you are already in October, and you wont be able to make it on-time anyway. It still will take sometime before you will get your visa approved and everything. Even with expedite process you are still looking at several monthes. Since expedited for USCIS, doesn't transfer to the NVC or embassy.

Good luck

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Longing to be with someone is not a reason to expedite

The USC must prove that being together with the fiance is vital. can you do this? Needing someone for, say, moral support is not enough

however, applying for an expedite doesn't hurt a petition

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Expedite criteria from the USCIS website

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Severe financial loss to company or individual<li>Extreme emergent situation<li>Humanitarian situation<li>Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States<li>Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)<li>USCIS error<li>Compelling interest of USCIS

It won't hurt your petition to file for an expedite but it not likely to be granted for the reason you are stating. I'm sure you want to be there for him but you still have a way to go. The best thing you can do is prepare for your interview and stay positive.

Good luck to you and to him next Wednesday.

Timeline

Thank you for your opinions, but do not mistake my reason for expedite process.It's not the longing to be with me, but for his medical condition. I don't want to explain it further but since I was a little bit disappointed when the longing was your interpretation. My fiancee has to go through biopsy and if we understand this procedure we know how and where this leads to and I think this is enough reason why he needs me. Can you imagine him driving himself after anesthesia? Even his doctor advised him to be with somebody every after procedure. Will this qualify under humanitarian reason? Thank you very much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The main thing is that if his biopsy is on the 5th- ie in 2 days- there is no way even with a super fast expedite you get here in time. Even with an approved expedite, you are looking at 2 months+ until you can get to the US. Will he still need help then? One driving from the hospital will not qualify for an expedite, as he could get a taxi. But if he will need a lot of help around the home, and his doctor is willing to certify that then yes, you may have grounds.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You won't get a decision on an expedite request by October 5th. In fact, even if the request is sent overnight express it's unlikely anyone at USCIS will even look at it before October 5th. Expedite requests usually take a week or two before you get a decision. If it's approved then the petition will be adjudicated within another couple of weeks. After that, you've still got NVC and consulate processing, which will take a couple of months. So, assuming your expedite request were approved, you might get to the US around the end of the year. Depending on where you live, you might need to get a green card before you'll be able to get a license to drive a car. That will take about 4 months.

If you think you've got serious humanitarian grounds that would justify an expedite then you might be able to get a B2 visa approved on the same basis. This would allow you to come and stay with your fiance for a few months while you're waiting for the K1 visa process. The B2 visa application process usually only takes a matter of days.

I hope the biopsy turns out negative. :thumbs:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry but you don't meet any of the few qualifiers for an expedite.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Longing to be with someone is not a reason to expedite

The USC must prove that being together with the fiance is vital. can you do this? Needing someone for, say, moral support is not enough

however, applying for an expedite doesn't hurt a petition

Good luck

I called about an expidite and the USCIS operator gave me a list of choices which covers life and death and various other things and if one applied to me they would proceed but you had to be able to prove it, that was my experiance YMMV

Bob

I had a prostate biopsy. They punched 16 holes in my prostate. I also had ct scan that same day prior to the biopsy. Because of the blood involved I went into shock, and my blood pressure dropped to 60 over 40 with a pulse of 42 beats per minute. It took them 2 hours to get me out of shock and my blood pressure up. As soon as my blood pressure came up the nurse told me to get up and get my clothes on, but if I felt light headed to sit right back down. I was fine from that time on, but I was not to lift anything, nor was I to walk my dogs for 48 hours. My daughter thought I shouldn't walk that soon, so I waited an additional 24 hours. I walk 6.5 miles each day. The bleeding ceased within a couple of days, but even though I walked my dogs I did not lift anything heavy for at least 2 weeks. Over 2 months later I lifed some heavy 5 gallon containers of water, and I experienced just a little bleeding, but I think I am going to be okay. For me the results were negative meaning no cancer. I may or may not need the TURP procedure again, as after my last TURP in 2004 I have regrowth of tissue and stones growing on my prostate. I know someone else who had the same procedure as I did, and he almost died because of infection. I had to take an antibiotic pill before, and one after, and the doctor was very concerned about infection. I did drive 2.5 hours home after the procedure. I hope you can be with your loved one soon, and even if it is after the fact it will be nice not to be alone in this situation. I wish you luck and hope it will work for you. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for your opinions, but do not mistake my reason for expedite process.It's not the longing to be with me, but for his medical condition. I don't want to explain it further but since I was a little bit disappointed when the longing was your interpretation. My fiancee has to go through biopsy and if we understand this procedure we know how and where this leads to and I think this is enough reason why he needs me. Can you imagine him driving himself after anesthesia? Even his doctor advised him to be with somebody every after procedure. Will this qualify under humanitarian reason? Thank you very much.

The situation you describe would not qualify. There are plenty of other options available to your fiance for a ride home.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Your fiance can try for an expedite- but based on the information you provided here, you don't meet the criteria set by USCIS.

Plus, even if expedite was approved- it would only be an expedite through the service center to issue the NOA2. There is still alot to do after that and completion would still be months away.

If your fiance has no one to bring him home after the biopsy and his doctor says that him being driven home by someone else is vital--the hospital/clinic will provide transportation or if he has had a full anaesthetic- possibly keep him in observation overnight.

Even if you DID get here in time....You presumably have no driving license for his State anyway.

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

hey it doesn't hurt to give the expedite a try right? there was this case that i read once they expedited their case and got approved because the beneficiary has stage 3 cancer i think.. but that has a pretty intense situation though that's why they got approved.. so i think, your case is still worth a try.. though, if your fiancee is in the military and he will soon to be deployed then you try to expedite your case, it will have a greater chance of approval...

but once again, keep your faith strong.. there is nothing wrong on trying it :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you imagine him driving himself after anesthesia? Even his doctor advised him to be with somebody every after procedure. Will this qualify under humanitarian reason? Thank you very much.

No, I personally don't think that it's humanitarian reason to expedite fiance visa, because he can use a taxi or a public transport instead of driving. Few years ago I've had to drive myself to home after some kind of anesthesia in a pretty numb state, because I had nobody to help me, but I didn't think that my attempt to save money for taxi is enough big reason to bug my government. It will not hurt to ask USCIS to expedite a petition, but I can't see serious reason from your post why your petition should be putted in front of others. Many people also not in the best life situations here waiting much longer than you, and they also need to support each other, so I think it should be more serious reason to expedite petition, than vocal cord biopsy, sorry. [it's Victor from Russia]

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

we all would love to expediate the Visa process to be with our loved ones..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.