nane1104

Problems after Windows 7 update

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think it was two days ago when I had a Windows update. It updated IE and ever since, I am having problems with how things are running.

Not only do I not like the new IE version, my toolbars won't load properly, I am having problems with easy copy+paste operations, websites freeze, enter and backspace keys are not funktioning right (instead of going back one letter, it deletes entire paragraphs),...

First I thought it was my laptop acting up but then I hear hubby cursing at his laptop and when I asked what was wrong, he just said "stupid windows update" and I knew what he was talking about...:crying:

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems after the latest update? Any ideas what I can do now?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Simple solution: stop using internet explorer. It's a piece of sh!t. Many better choices such as chrome or Firefox.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i see the problem already, it's in the title bar - "windows" :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Simple solution: stop using internet explorer. It's a piece of sh!t. Many better choices such as chrome or Firefox.

Ditto.

I love Google Chrome and despise IE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Firefox all the way. Chrome sucks. One of the girls at work couldn't handle the new IE (older lady) so I uninstalled the update for her. Super simple here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24373-windows-update-uninstall-update.html follow option 2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Firefox all the way. Chrome sucks. One of the girls at work couldn't handle the new IE (older lady) so I uninstalled the update for her. Super simple here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24373-windows-update-uninstall-update.html follow option 2.

Yeah, I'm curious to know why you think it sucks. I think both Chrome and Firefox are a lot better than IE, but Chrome runs faster and cleaner than Firefox.

I'm curious as to why you think chrome sucks. technically speaking it is a better engineered browser compared to Firefox. It also provides optimizations, conveniences, and safety features that no other browser provides.

And on top of all that it is faaaaaaaaaaast!!

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't give bad advice.

Timeline

Yeah, I'm curious to know why you think it sucks. I think both Chrome and Firefox are a lot better than IE, but Chrome runs faster and cleaner than Firefox.

hideously ugly and there are add-ons I prefer on Firefox. I tried chrome and hated it. So do all my friends who work in IT.

Timeline

I'm curious as to why you think chrome sucks. technically speaking it is a better engineered browser compared to Firefox. It also provides optimizations, conveniences, and safety features that no other browser provides.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/ie9-vs-firefox-4-vs-chrome-10-935792

http://www.cutthechatter.com/2009/11/chrome-vs-firefox-revisited.html

While Chrome in these options doesn't "suck" Firefox continuously wins in add-ons and speed difference is negligible. Chrome is just ugly. That's my main issue with it. Nothing it does is so awesome that it'll beat Firefox (yet).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

http://www.techradar...hrome-10-935792

http://www.cutthecha...-revisited.html

While Chrome in these options doesn't "suck" Firefox continuously wins in add-ons and speed difference is negligible. Chrome is just ugly. That's my main issue with it. Nothing it does is so awesome that it'll beat Firefox (yet).

The first article actually recommends Chrome over Firefox. Note that it deals with Chrome 10 and FF 4. Chrome 13 is the standard now and 14/15 are in beta. FF 6 has been released and FF 7 is in development.

The second article you posted is irrelevant. It's from 2 years ago and not a single point or observation has been relevant or accurate for quite some time. Addons have been present in Chrome for quite some time, and, in fact, development of extensions/addons in Chrome is much easier than Firefox.

You might prefer Firefox, but it most certainly is not a better browser than Chrome. Chrome provides a much more secure environment, such as a sandboxed PDF viewer and a sandboxed flash player. It provides more convenient features as well, such as the recent behavior that downloads the first webpage in google search results in a background thread. Tighter integration with google products also are quite nice and not as complete in any other browser. In fact, communication between Chrome and Google products is guaranteed to be faster in Chrome due to the proven fast in-house protocol used by Chrome to communicate with google's backend. In terms of appearance, there isn't much to judge as google has taken a minimalist approach. All you really see is the page you are viewing and a thin bar at the top with the standard icons. It's hard for me to understand how that could be considered ugly (or beautiful).

I should also add that an "IT person's" opinion is not really any more valuable than an everyday user's opinion of the browser, unless that IT Person happens to develop web applications and has intimate knowledge of the browsers, their layout engines, etc. I'm not sure which category the people you mentioned in the previous post fit into.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)