moviebrave

I booked my flight.tell me if I did any good?

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

This is one heck of a gamble.

Most Islamic countries I see have a good chance of going thru A.P. You better hope yours does not or you got yourself once expensive piece of paper there that you can't do anything with...

Edited by Dave and Kinnari

USCIS- (77 Days)
I-130 Sent : 04-05-2011
I-130 NOA1 : 04-08-2011
I-130 NOA2 : 06-24-2011

NVC- (29 Days)
NVC Received : 07-25-2011

NVC Case Closed: 08-23-2011
Medical/VFS/Interview
Interview Date Recieved: 09-02-2011
Medical Completed: 09-16-2011
VFS Fees Paid and Documents Submitted: 10-21-2011
Interview: 11-10-2011

Interview Status: Approved
Visa In Hand: 11-10-2011

USA

P.O.E- Chicago, IL: 12-16-11
Recieved Welcome Letter: 01-03-2012
Received Green Card: 01-19-2012
Re-applied for SSN: 01-23-2012
Received SSN: 01-27-2012

Apply for Removal of Conditions: 09-17-13

ROC- (112 Days)

I-751 Sent (CSC): 11-22-13

Check Cashed: 11-27-13

I-751 NOA1: 11-30-13

Biometrics: 12-23-13
Case Status: Approved
Green Card Issued: 3-14-14

Green Card In Hand: 3-20-14

CITIZENSHIP

Apply For N-400: 1-28-15

Check Cashed: 02-5-15

NOA: 02-11-15

Biometrics: 03-2-15

In Line Interview: 06-10-15

Interview: 07-20-15

Interview Status: Approved

Oath Ceremony: 08-20-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I think you did fine. Booking questions one week after the interview would be better though. I booked tickets exactly one week after the interview. However, I assured that the visa will be held at DHL facility closest to the embassy in Moscow. She had interview on Friday, we received the passport the following Wednesday and flied back together on the following Friday. It is a bit of a gamble BUT IT IS MUCH CHEAPER TO CHANGE THE TICKETS THAN TO BOOK 1-2 DAYS IN ADVANCE.

Booking the flight AND the wedding before the visa in hand? Where's the fire? What's the rush? Are you terminally ill?

I mean it's only money, but it just seems rushed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I did the same thing. My fiance's interview was one day with a one day turn around for the embassy to issue the visa. I bought a ticket for her and her daughter for the 3rd day, everything worked out well. I knew going into it that I might have to reschedule the flights. I travel a lot with my job, I change flights all the time. No big deal!!!

Patience is required for this process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey there,

My interview is on the 28th of July for K-1 and I did something which may not sound so clever.I booked my flight on the 5th of Aug.Because we already delayed the wedding once and we dont wanna delay it anymore.We've arranged everything for the wedding party.My question is 'In 2007 and 2008 I ve got my j-1 visa by passing both the interviews succesfully and my passport was delivered within 3-4 days.Do you think I am going to be able to recieve my K-1 visa sticked passport before the 5th of Aug?

please encourge me!

thanks

Let us know how that works for you. SMH

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

hey there,

My interview is on the 28th of July for K-1 and I did something which may not sound so clever.I booked my flight on the 5th of Aug.Because we already delayed the wedding once and we dont wanna delay it anymore.We've arranged everything for the wedding party.My question is 'In 2007 and 2008 I ve got my j-1 visa by passing both the interviews succesfully and my passport was delivered within 3-4 days.Do you think I am going to be able to recieve my K-1 visa sticked passport before the 5th of Aug?

please encourge me!

thanks

I personally would not book anything until approval if received.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

out of content but.... is turkey a islamic country for real???? just curious

YES its also on the "list of 26 countries that routinely require heightened security checks before VISA issuance.

* Your country of birth, citizenship, or residence may also require a Visa Condor check. If you were born in a "T-7" or "List of 26" country, you will likely be subject to a Condor security check.

The T-7 countries include Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North, Korea, Sudan and Syria. The List of 26 countries are Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

According to U.S. Department of State reports, approximately 80% of Visas Condor clearances are completed within 30 days. If your Visas Condor check has been pending for over 90 days, you may call the VO public inquiries line at (202) 663-1225 or email usvisa@state.gov.

for the OP's sake lets hope they run the checks before the VISA appointment ...which is what they should do this AP stuff is really a nightmare for folks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I did the same thing. My fiance's interview was one day with a one day turn around for the embassy to issue the visa. I bought a ticket for her and her daughter for the 3rd day, everything worked out well. I knew going into it that I might have to reschedule the flights. I travel a lot with my job, I change flights all the time. No big deal!!!

OP is not going through Warsaw and Belarus is not on the list of countries that have mandatory security checks. Different ballgame.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

out of content but.... is turkey a islamic country for real???? just curious

Their law is not based on Islamic sharia, but the country is 99.8% Muslim.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

OP is not going through Warsaw and Belarus is not on the list of countries that have mandatory security checks. Different ballgame.

Truth is, he bought the ticket. He is already committed from a financial perspective. At this point, what does being negative do for him? Tickets can be changed for a fee. If the visa isn't given, the plane ticket will not be the main focus of his disappointment.

Be positive!!! The money is spent.

Patience is required for this process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Truth is, he bought the ticket. He is already committed from a financial perspective. At this point, what does being negative do for him? Tickets can be changed for a fee. If the visa isn't given, the plane ticket will not be the main focus of his disappointment.

So long as he doesn't come on here later, whining that his money is gone, it's ALL GOOD :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

well on turkish forum sites,they all say that you recieve your visa stamped passport approximately within 2-3 days.By the way My family owns A UPS branch in my city(I dont know if it helps tho:))..And to my jamaican fellow.'No,Turkey is not an islamic country.Turkey is a democratic,secular,social and constitutional state.However,most of the citizens have a muslim faith.'I want to thank all you guys who spent your precious times to respond my question.I hope,everything works out for all of us.God bless you!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

My fiance will have his interview on 20th of July and we booked our flight for 28th of July. I feel very nervous about this, the ticket was a sweet deal, direct flight but no reschedule is allowed :( . We took a chance and we'll take the result however it turns out. All we can do is be well prepared, have more proof than you'd think they will need. It's also a plus that I will be in Ankara, if they let me inside with him, otherwise waiting outside. AP is the only thing that scares me.

GOOD LUCK. I will post here what happens since we go about 8 days before you!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

My fiance will have his interview on 20th of July and we booked our flight for 28th of July. I feel very nervous about this, the ticket was a sweet deal, direct flight but no reschedule is allowed :( . We took a chance and we'll take the result however it turns out. All we can do is be well prepared, have more proof than you'd think they will need. It's also a plus that I will be in Ankara, if they let me inside with him, otherwise waiting outside. AP is the only thing that scares me.

GOOD LUCK. I will post here what happens since we go about 8 days before you!

Hopefully everything will work out.I keep reading reviews on turkish forum sites and I could say 90% of the beneficaries get their visa at the interview and their passports are delievered in 2-3 days at the most or so.just be patient a little more.god bless u two..

P.S. Turkey is the best partner of USA in the region (South Europe,the Balkans and Middle East) so please do not get confused about Turkey.yeah,most of the ppl in turkey are muslim but Turkey is not an Islamic country.Religion is for human beings not for governments.

take care

Timeline

I like possitive constructive people.thanks for all your support.yes, money is spent.Plus, re-booking is alot better than booking your flight for next week..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.