galatakulesi2003

what is the strongest evidence of bona fide relationship do you think?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Happens all the time on a weekly basis. Foreigner, drug dealer low life scum type drags girl out of a bar, knocks her up, tells her once she's pregnant that they now "need" to get married. Girl obeys. What does the baby really proof in regard to immigration?

Guy gets Green Card, kicks her to the curb and tells her to shut the #### up and never show her face again. She's scared again and obeys.

Making a baby means nothing to guys who put a bullet in your head if you look at them the wrong way. Immigration Officers know that. They have seen things in real life you couldn't make up.

Welcome to America!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just_Bob: The same goes for all other evidences as well. You file joint returns to get the Green Card. You show co-mingling of assets to get a green card. You own a dog together to get a green card...the list is endless.

Heres what it is.

Amongst the list of a bonafide relationship, The baby is on the top of the list. There is no argument to that fact. Other than that, you can show them all kinds of garbage.

In my experience, during our AOS from a tourist visa that is, The IO when saw my wife 8 months pregnant had nothing concrete to ask me. That is a fact. And to all those readers here. Don't just go by what you read here. I am a proof of some of the toughest situations one could encounter and yet came through. Ofcourse, the relationship has to be legitimate.

IR5 For Parent

Filed: Other Timeline

Amongst the list of a bonafide relationship, The baby is on the top of the list. There is no argument to that fact. Other than that, you can show them all kinds of garbage.

That's exactly what I'm doing: arguing that!

All kinds of garbage? If I am a very wealthy US citizen and give my overstay wife from Pakistan a 5-carat diamond wedding ring and a new Rolls Royce, all in her name only, that's garbage compared to having someone knocked up?

I argue that financial garbage, as you called it, is better than an unwanted pregnancy for immigration purposes.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

All kinds of garbage? If I am a very wealthy US citizen and give my overstay wife from Pakistan a 5-carat diamond wedding ring and a new Rolls Royce, all in her name only, that's garbage compared to having someone knocked up?

I argue that financial garbage, as you called it, is better than an unwanted pregnancy for immigration purposes.

I generally see the evidence as primary and secondary. I would say bank statements, taxes, insurance, mortgages & leases, a birth certificate are all primary where as utility bills and signed statements are secondary.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If the question had been "you're only allowed to bring one piece of evidence proving a bona fide marriage to the interview, which would it be?" I reckon noone would ever disagree that a child is on that top 3. Since that's not the case I'd go with any officially joint documents which shows USCIS the couple's trust and commitment to each other.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Timeline

If the question had been "you're only allowed to bring one piece of evidence proving a bona fide marriage to the interview, which would it be?" I reckon noone would ever disagree that a child is on that top 3. Since that's not the case I'd go with any officially joint documents which shows USCIS the couple's trust and commitment to each other.

I would have disagree,

Look having kid can be very powerful evidence and could be on the top 3 easily, but it’s very relative to the context of the marriage. Now a day’s kids are born outside marriages and having them could only mean that 2 people had sex, nothing more, and the USCIS is aware of this. For me the single most important piece of evidences in absolute terms, nothing relative here, could be joint tax transcripts coming from the IRS ( because transcripts form IRS can’t be faked using turbotax etc), or a joint broker account going back at least to 2 years. In general nothing will guaranty you get your GC, but joint liabilities at least show you trust that person with your money. Unlawful marriage couples don't trust each other in with money matters because they are corrupt by nature. At least that's my opinion.

Edited by deus360

I would have disagree,

Look having kid can be very powerful evidence and could be on the top 3 easily, but it's very relative to the context of the marriage. Now a day's kids are born outside marriages and having them could only mean that 2 people had sex, nothing more, and the USCIS is aware of this. For me the single most important piece of evidences in absolute terms, nothing relative here, could be joint tax transcripts coming from the IRS ( because transcripts form IRS can't be faked using turbotax etc), or a joint broker account going back at least to 2 years. In general nothing will guaranty you get your GC, but joint liabilities at least show you trust that person with your money. Unlawful marriage couples don't trust each other in with money matters because they are corrupt by nature. At least that's my opinion.

:thumbs:

:thumbs:

:no: :no:

A baby can be born from a "garbage" relationship. And such relationship can be found anywhere in the world.

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Having a baby can mean one of three things:

1) Forgot to use birth control

2) Ignorant of overpopulation and the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000

3) Aware of the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000 but wealthy enough to make one anyway.

None of these is really evidence of a bona fide relationship. Giving one of the kidneys to the spouse would qualify though . . .

I'd say baby too. I'd never want my spouse to have a kidney failure. That sucks. :crying::crying:

Before I was assuming we'd be approved, but now can say for sure we got approved

1. No babies
  2. No joint mortgage
  3. Not beneficiary on health or life insurance or pension
  4. Different last names
  5. No joint utilities
  6. No affidavits

We did have

1. Joint checking account
  2. Joint tax transcripts (2 yrs)
  3. Joint car insurance
  4. Joint credit card
  5. Joint trip to UK
  6. Drivers licenses at same address
  7. Joint cat Ozzy :luv:
  8. Many photos covering 2 years of everyday life

Say what you will about photos, but I think my photo essay said alot about our life together. No way did we look like fraudsters, despite the lack of some of the more traditional evidence. The adjudicator probably looked at us and said, "Awwwwww what a sweet old couple." :P

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

1. Joint Tax return transcript

2. Joint lease signed by both party

3. Children born to the marriage

4. Life insurance policy

5. Joint health insurance

6. Driver's License showing common residence

this is an interesting list :thumbs: I'm a little late on the uptake as I could have sent it all off on the 9th but I've been feeling crappy and we were away for two weeks right before. I'm trying to get everything done this week and hopefully get tax trascripts by the end of the week or beginning of next so we can send off. problem i have is we do lots of evidence of bonafide relationship but we don't really have the paper trail to back it up...

for example...

1. we can do this as we have filed joint both years we were married.

2. we don't have house of our own yet so no mortgage although I may or may not be apart of a pre-approval process in a few weeks but I doubt it as I am a housewife with no income of my own. we co rent with my Mum in law and the place we were in hubby and mum in law rented just before (a couple of months) we met. as a result I was not on the original lease agreement and they never renewed just went to month to month (if we have to live here for much longer one of us is going to snap, its badly managed recently) the old manager made out like she was going to put me on the rental agreement when she found out we were getting married but it doesn't look like she has..and the new manger is difficult to get hold of for even basic maintenance. so by the time I get this packet off no paperwork showing me and him on the same rental agreement either.

3. I'm 5 months pregnant right now and she wont finish baking till after my conditional runs out... the best I can do to prove pregnancy is show that my hubby's health insurance is paying my medical bills for the pregnancy, the copy of the scan pics, maybe a pic of me and him with bump. and to cover it it the cover letter though I'm not sure how to word that? :unsure:

4. if either of us have one of those its probably in his health insurance.

5. I'm on his so we can do that. :)

6. can show his.......I'm still too chicken ###### to go get one. :(

other than that most of our financial commingling is mostly done through credit cards...I'm on his and he also pays for mine (don't worry guys I can't drive so rarely spend money unsupervised..lol) and I'm on the family plan for the mobile phones (my name is one there for my number but its his mums bill she pays it all and we pay her in turn) we have the usual joint bank account and I may be the beneficiary of one other of his savings accounts which is the only one he opened after we married but I'm not sure how to prove that if I am. the other bills come to mils name, and otherwise sometimes the dentist bills us both on same bill as we go together. I don't really have any bills of my own other than the credit card because I don't earn on my own so whats the point? I hope we have enough evidence because I really don't want to be in an hour or more long wait in downtown LA and my waters break or something... :bonk:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Before I was assuming we'd be approved, but now can say for sure we got approved

1. No babies
  2. No joint mortgage
  4. Different last names
  5. No joint utilities
  6. No affidavits

We did have

3. Joint car insurance
  4. Joint credit card
  5. Joint trip to UK

Say what you will about photos, but I think my photo essay said alot about our life together. No way did we look like fraudsters, despite the lack of some of the more traditional evidence. The adjudicator probably looked at us and said, "Awwwwww what a sweet old couple." :P

I forgot about our trips together :thumbs: only problem is the tickets are in my maiden name as i'm too stingy to pay the money twce in two years to update it and my greencard is in married name. :whistle: hope that doesn't matter much.

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Having a baby can mean one of three things:

1) Forgot to use birth control

2) Ignorant of overpopulation and the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000

3) Aware of the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000 but wealthy enough to make one anyway.

None of these is really evidence of a bona fide relationship. Giving one of the kidneys to the spouse would qualify though . . .

In support of Just Bob's comment, here's some interesting read:

http://healthland.time.com/2011/03/04/why-having-kids-is-foolish/

enjoy.

This is my old VJ account : S.Fu + T.Fu (http://www.visajourn...le.php?id=67600). Forgot my old log in info - so created this new one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

1. No babies
  2. No joint mortgage
  4. Different last names
  5. No joint utilities
  6. No affidavits

We did have

3. Joint car insurance
  4. Joint credit card
  5. Joint trip to UK

I love your reply. We also have no child but 3 joint beautiful cats :lol:

I would agree with Just_Bob :thumbs: , I just read a news somewhere on the internet that 382 Thai women got arrested for drug trafficking. They carried drug from countries to countries by hiding the stuff in their private parts of their bodies. However, after the investigation, it turned out that those women didn't really want to do it, they got married to foreigners and their foreign husbands forced them to do it or they would get beaten or even hunted and killed if they try to escape because they already know too much. And guess what!....most of them are PREGNANT!!! You'd be insane if you call those couples legitimate, right? So I'm sure kids are not the No.1 evidence here, maybe No.2 or 3, but certainly not No.1.

Edited by polar1979

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My middle child has nothing to do with a bonafide relationship , but is good evidence that they cured a medical condition that should have ended my ability to have children and I wanted to ensure that I had the second child I wanted in case I relasped. I am sure there are a lot of children in the US that are the result of sperm in a bottle.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.