galatakulesi2003

what is the strongest evidence of bona fide relationship do you think?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm actually sending my ROC packet tomorrow, I think I got everything they need. I am however, 8.5 months pregnant w/twins. I mentioned that in my cover letter, and I also submitted 1 picture of our maternity photos. So I'm hoping they won't have any issues. I wish I would have been able to put our babies name on the form, but they aren't here yet....oh well.

Timeline

I just printed out 1 copy of our ultrasound picture, but it only has my name written on the page. I figured they'll see a pic of my big belly. I think I put a total of 10 pictures total...from various years/events. Mostly I put evidence such as Condo purchase, Car lease, insurance stuff, bills, etc. Hopefully it'll go well.

But, I'm pretty much done with being pregnant. 8.5 months with twins is REALLY hard! I've been measuring full-term since I was like 26-28w.....but I'll suffer through anything, just to keep the babies inside as long as possible. I don't want them to be premature.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Things like joint tax returns, both names on a lease for a house... that's strongest. Whatever shows a comingling of financial and personal lives.

We were able to enclose the "birth facts" sheet (from the hospital) for newborn Mini-Bone, plus a photo of him and the bleary-but-happy Papa & Mama T-B. after surviving the very first night in the hospital. Fortunately, I had put the rest of the ROC package together in advance, or we NEVER would have gotten it off. Things have gotten a bit less hectic now that Mini-B. is 4.5 months old -- those first 3 months were an experience, si man. :)

Speaking of babies, when you order the birth certificate, get at least 4 official copies -- you'll need them (they make great gifts for the grandmas, in addition to formal use).

I don't know why the birth certificate was $23 per copy when our marriage certificate was only $7 -- go figure, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Things like joint tax returns, both names on a lease for a house... that's strongest. Whatever shows a comingling of financial and personal lives.

We were able to enclose the "birth facts" sheet (from the hospital) for newborn Mini-Bone, plus a photo of him and the bleary-but-happy Papa & Mama T-B. after surviving the very first night in the hospital. Fortunately, I had put the rest of the ROC package together in advance, or we NEVER would have gotten it off. Things have gotten a bit less hectic now that Mini-B. is 4.5 months old -- those first 3 months were an experience, si man. :)

Speaking of babies, when you order the birth certificate, get at least 4 official copies -- you'll need them (they make great gifts for the grandmas, in addition to formal use).

I don't know why the birth certificate was $23 per copy when our marriage certificate was only $7 -- go figure, si man.

'

LOL- 'mini-bone'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

1. Joint Tax return transcript

2. Joint lease signed by both party

3. Children born to the marriage

4. Life insurance policy

5. Joint health insurance

6. Driver's License showing common residence

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just printed out 1 copy of our ultrasound picture, but it only has my name written on the page. I figured they'll see a pic of my big belly. I think I put a total of 10 pictures total...from various years/events. Mostly I put evidence such as Condo purchase, Car lease, insurance stuff, bills, etc. Hopefully it'll go well.

But, I'm pretty much done with being pregnant. 8.5 months with twins is REALLY hard! I've been measuring full-term since I was like 26-28w.....but I'll suffer through anything, just to keep the babies inside as long as possible. I don't want them to be premature.

even one baby was very hard for me.. good luck! hope they will come in time :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Having a baby can mean one of three things:

1) Forgot to use birth control

2) Ignorant of overpopulation and the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000

3) Aware of the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000 but wealthy enough to make one anyway.

None of these is really evidence of a bona fide relationship. Giving one of the kidneys to the spouse would qualify though . . .

having a baby is the most amazing feeling in life.. i don't care the rest lol

1. Joint Tax return transcript

2. Joint lease signed by both party

3. Children born to the marriage

4. Life insurance policy

5. Joint health insurance

6. Driver's License showing common residence

Great list!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

2) Ignorant of overpopulation and the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000

3) Aware of the fact that raising a child costs about $250,000 but wealthy enough to make one anyway.

None of these is really evidence of a bona fide relationship. Giving one of the kidneys to the spouse would qualify though . . .

LOL :thumbs: :thumbs:

Don't mean to be rude.. I have a daughter myself... I just think this is a funny comment..

Edited by san diego

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

LoL.., i think having a baby is a wonderful thing but i also think you sir, sounded pretty funny when u listed it that way..

IMO the strongest evidence you can provide to USCIS to prove a bona fide marriage is to show them that a couple is commingled financially. There are many couples that can’t have children or they have chosen not to have children for personal and different reasons, but they still have a legitimate married, sometimes even happier that those who have children together. That’s why for USCIS purpose to show financial ties are on the top, because into a real marriage must exist a financial commitment, though to have children cannot to be forced.

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.