22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

hi all Vermont K1 fillers. you can see that i have a lot of time and distance. so im killing it!!

this is what i did. i installed google earth on my pc. now its version 6 beta. they have added some new futures but one of this it is particularly interesting to us who have eyes and ears to Vermont. so if you open google earth and search for "USCIS Vermont" it will show you the building where those escargots and turtles are working on our K1's.(no offense to animals).now if you click the clock icon on the top bar "show historical imagery" you can see the same building and the parking lot in different times. 6 shots are available starting from 99, 03, 04, 08, 09 and 2010. my favorite one its 2004. very clear shot and you can count the cars on the parking lot. :):) nearly 140 cars are parked that day. it must be around 9-11 o'clock in the morning judging from the shadow on trees. so its a full working day for our loveley USCIS adjudicator officers. now... not all the cars there belong to "people who make couples happy" but let say in 140 cars must be 50 of them who works on files. from this 50 lets say 10 who only works on K1...hmmm ok... 15 who works on K1... :) happy now!! WHERE IS MY NOA2???

i must say here that the the number of cars parked there its +/- the same throughout years. the most desolating image from this building comes from January 1 2010. its a day off, and has been snowing. so i think now to all that snow that fell this winter :((( and the days off...

i have a question for you: can escargots drive cars? :)))

to all K1 Vermont out there. hang on... we will make it. we just need to use a little bit more sense of humor to end our endless days :))

Thanks, I needed the humor. Waiting for Vermont also and feeling down about the length, so your post was welcome laugh.

And we wait...

1/28/11 Sent package to Texas
2/03/11 NOA1 received and file is at the Vermont Center.Case number assigned.
6/10/11 NOA2 received.Approved!!!
6/13/11 Hard copy of NOA2 received.
6/28/11 NVC case number received. Case sent to Paris.
7/18/2011 Packet 3 sent out
7/20/11 Packet 3 returned by certified mail
8/31/11 Interview (Approved with two pieces of paper needed)
9/29/11 Visa received.
10/03/11 POE Cincinnati (Thanks to Delta now Atlanta) 5 hours to pick her up is worth it.
10/15/11 Married
10/21/11 AOS documents filed
11/25/11 Biometrics appointment
11/18/11 transferred to CSC
12/24/11 EAD and Advance Parole combo card arrived.
03/13/12 Green card notice received. Welcome to the US. Take a deep breath for a few moments.
03/14/12 Green card received

07/14/2014 Packet for Removing conditions sent

02/10/14 Biometrics in Louisville KY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Why cat you guys be patient, otherwise you putting your case in jeopardy. Just be patient and everything will be fine.

That's easy for you to say. You got your NOA1 on 4/26/10 and got the NOA2 on 8/4/2010.....a total wait time of around 3 1/2 months. Most people on VJ nowadays will have to wait 5+ months to get an NOA2. Everybody has their own way of dealing with the frustration of waiting. Just let them deal with it in their own way. It's all good :)

Edited by cedwards001

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

hi all Vermont K1 fillers. you can see that i have a lot of time and distance. so im killing it!!

this is what i did. i installed google earth on my pc. now its version 6 beta. they have added some new futures but one of this it is particularly interesting to us who have eyes and ears to Vermont. so if you open google earth and search for "USCIS Vermont" it will show you the building where those escargots and turtles are working on our K1's.(no offense to animals).now if you click the clock icon on the top bar "show historical imagery" you can see the same building and the parking lot in different times. 6 shots are available starting from 99, 03, 04, 08, 09 and 2010. my favorite one its 2004. very clear shot and you can count the cars on the parking lot. :):) nearly 140 cars are parked that day. it must be around 9-11 o'clock in the morning judging from the shadow on trees. so its a full working day for our loveley USCIS adjudicator officers. now... not all the cars there belong to "people who make couples happy" but let say in 140 cars must be 50 of them who works on files. from this 50 lets say 10 who only works on K1...hmmm ok... 15 who works on K1... :) happy now!! WHERE IS MY NOA2???

i must say here that the the number of cars parked there its +/- the same throughout years. the most desolating image from this building comes from January 1 2010. its a day off, and has been snowing. so i think now to all that snow that fell this winter :((( and the days off...

to all K1 Vermont out there. hang on... we will make it. we just need to use a little bit more sense of humor to end our endless days :))

:thumbs:

That's a great post. This is an awful wait. Laughing makes it much easier. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why cat you guys be patient, otherwise you putting your case in jeopardy. Just be patient and everything will be fine.

Um, no, not really.

There is a reason Congress has such links on their site. As a U.S. citizen, I intend to use ALL avenues open to me when they become open.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

This was so cute, It's things like this that allows me to keep smiling and hoping. Thanks a bunch, I'm going to google earth right now to if anyone is working on my petition :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That's easy for you to say. You got your NOA1 on 4/26/10 and got the NOA2 on 8/4/2010.....a total wait time of around 3 1/2 months. Most people on VJ nowadays will have to wait 5+ months to get an NOA2. Everybody has their own way of dealing with the frustration of waiting. Just let them deal with it in their own way. It's all good :)

Correction: Most people wait over 5 months for an RFE. This guy got RFE'd after 6 weeks.

Contacting your congressman/senators will never put your case in jeopardy.

Good for u . You have been approved . You are not in this situation now :bonk:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Correction: Most people wait over 5 months for an RFE. This guy got RFE'd after 6 weeks.

Contacting your congressman/senators will never put your case in jeopardy.

I agree... no amount of persistence can hurt and at minimum it will help give you something more to do to pass the time... I personally am trying to make sure I have everything ready for the next phase of the process to avoid the possibility of any additional delays.

Thank you for that tidbit re: google earth... now if only they had realtime updates I might actually have one more thing to obsess about daily other than checking my case status on the USCIS website or looking on here for some hope that perhaps someone around my filing date (sept 22nd 2010) actually starts getting approved etc...

On a good note... I put in a call today as the two weeks had passed from the last call as advised and got through to a Tier 2 officer who was nice enough to tell me that the new date of cases they are working on has been updated to: SEPT 11th. Which means cases on or around Sept 11th are now being worked on - (remember they update their system with a new date every 14th of the month). She was kind enough to tell me that I can call again in 11 days (random number) if I haven't heard anything at which point they will file a service request which as some of you already know means more waiting and possibly more requests... but I will stay hopeful and say that we are all doing this for the noblest of reasons... how is it that we prize ourselves on diversity and yet our country doesn't yet believe that we should be free to LOVE and marry whomever we chose and live with them here with rights the way we can almost anywhere else in the world.

i'm starting a movement (one I'm sure that's been done before but hey its never too late to join the bandwagon): "V-Free LoVe" who's with me?

On a side note, for those of us on here in love with a Brazilian, I read an amusing article the other day in one of the two major Brazilian publications here about how our governments are in talks to eliminate the visa requirements altogether. Let's hope that this does in fact happen and that perhaps people after us may not have to go through the same torturous process just to get married in our hometowns!

Edited by Natureza

Met in 2006 in person for the first time!
July 2008 - Relationship is official (3-4 visits per year from 1 week to 2 months at a time)
August 2010 - He proposed! Contemplate living/marrying in Brazil or US
I-129F Sent: 09/12/2010
I-129F NOA1: 10/8/2010 Called to report lack of notice of receipt.
I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy Reissued and received: 10/23/2010 (dated Sept 21st 2010)
Touched: 10/03/2010
Called USCIS: 02/23/10
Called USCIS & Senator's Office for follow-up: 03/3/10
Senator Letter received (verdict = wait 30 days more and call again): 03/07/10
Called USCIS: 03/14/10 (system updated to processing Sept 11th applications)
Called Congressman 03/29/11 - "wait 3 days for a reply..."
I-129F NOA2 E-MAIL & TEXT: 3/30/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 4/4/11
NVC received: 4/7/11
NVC Sent: 4/14/11
Interview: 6/28/11
AP Processing: Estimate 2 weeks
Package Received: 7/9/11
Confirmation E-mail: 7/11/11
VISA received: 7/7/11

Married: 10/20/11
Filed for AOS/AP/EAD: 12/19/11
Biometrics 1/31/12

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2/15/2012
EAD Approved: 2/16/2012
EAD/AP CARD: 2/24/2012
Called USCIS re: pending AOS so many times lost count
AOS Transfer to Local office: 1/15/2013
Called USCIS & Emailed re: still pending AOS again lost count of how many times
Refiled for EAD/AP 1/18/2012
Received Receipt for EAD refiling for 1/22/2012
AOS Appointment FINALLY scheduled for 3/4/2012

Condition Permanent residency approved and valid through April 2015

Applied to Remove Conditions received 2/18/2015
Oh - What we do for love!...

thanks for the laugh are time line is about the same and the wait is killing me, but u brighten up my day,,, wish u luck and time

I totally agree with you because after receiving my RFE after 6 months I need ALOT of more humor in my life. Or else ill go crazy becuz this waiting is ridiculous! :bonk:

Sent I-129f Package* o8.o3.10

USCIS received I-129f Package* o8.o6.10

Received NOA1* o8.16.10

Touched* 10.o3.10

Put in a Service Request* o2.22.11

Sent letter to USCIS* o3.11.11

RFE* o3.14.11

event.png

P0r amarte r0baria una estrella y te la regalaria

P0r amarte cruzaria l0s mares s0lo x abrazarte

P0r amarte juntaria la lluvia c0n el fuego

P0r amarte daria la viida s0l0 x besarte♥

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.