Mr. Florida

Hell after NOA2

103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Actually if you read his first post he did not ask for mental support he asked several questions all relating to why his fiance did all of these "wrongs" to him. The people of VJ were just letting him know their opinion to his questions based on his story. You should not come on to a forum which has a whole purpose for advice and sometimes debate and not expect answers from both sides. I would hope that you do not live in a place where everyone will comfort you and tell you that you are right even if you are horribly wrong.

I read his post, I'm just saying that people can use different words that arent that harsh.

Second of all, I'm glad I don't live in a place where a lot people tells me to "man up", "it's not only about you", "me me me", "man up, princess". Ofcourse, the OP can expect and will receive people telling him what to do, if only some members would chose their words carefully..... It's about respect for each others feelings/situations/problems/etc.

Anyways, I'm not going into this discusion. All I did was showing a point that people do have to respect his broken heart and have some sympathy, although a lot of people thought he was very wrong, don't say hard things like that. This isn't high school, and I thought VJ is about supporting each other. If I was in the same situation and somebody would say "man up, princess, or jerk", then where is this forum going to? That's all.

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm so sorry for what happened to BOTH of you. This is a terrible situation, and I'm pretty sure that the stress of the waiting, being apart, and the knowledge of leaving her life behind made you two say horrible things that hurt each other deeply. I'm sure this is not easy, and both of you should apologize if you want to make this work. However, I think this episode will bring even more doubts in her mind (making it even harder for her to want to move half way around the world).

I think that if you really love her, you should try to make this work. Good luck (:

Filed: Country: Chile
Timeline

I didn't read the 5 pages of notes, just your original message.

Obviously there were things going on other than Valentine's day and the NOA2.

When relationships start getting real, some people freak out. They might play along for a while, but when it starts getting real, the show how they really feel. To complicate things she's leaving her home country, friends, and family. To complicate things further, she's from a culture which deeply respects the opinions of their parents well into adulthood, often letting them make serious life-changing decisions for them.

I was once engaged to my high school sweetheart. But it was really a 3 strikes you're out thing when I ended it with him. After 2 years of dating I invited him to my family's Thanksgiving. After weeks of fighting over it, he finally (albeit sarcastically) asked if I wanted to go to his family's Thanksgiving. If he had asked me day 1 I would have said yes.

After 3 years of dating and being engaged, he didn't want to share family Christmases. He finally gave in, but it was like "I have to convince you of this???"

When I went to study abroad in Chile, he refused to come and visit me. It would have provided no financial hardship for him because his parents provide him everything, and he doesn't even have a part-time job (full time student).

The accumulation of all of that led to the end of our relationship. I ended it when I went to Chile. I felt that he wasn't mature enough to commit the rest of my life to, so why wait? As cold as it sounds, sometimes it's better for both parties to just end a relationship if there's fundamental differences.

The fact that you were "withholding" the NOA2 from her was probably that final strike. There were probably other instances in your relationship where you inadvertently made her feel powerless. As if everything was up to YOU because you have the "power," the money, and she's going to your country. She might have started thinking months ago "How long is this going to be a power struggle? When will I be an equal in this relationship?" I'm guilty of that as well. I'm trying as hard as I can to keep my fiance informed. To make sure that his input counts for half of all of my decisions. Because in the end, it's my decision if he gets to come here or not. There's a definite power imbalance when someone from the US petitions for a fiance visa. I could go and live in Chile easy enough, but he can't just waltz into the US.

So yes, she froze a little about the NOA2. She probably would have gotten over it eventually. You both probably would have gotten over the Valentine's thing (which definitely was NOT her fault in my opinion.) But, put those together with months of mounting tension and... kabluey. It just explodes. Sometimes the stress of the whole process and the relationship just gets to people. Maybe your relationship would have worked out if you had gone to live in India for a couple years. Maybe it would've worked out if she was coming from Canada instead. Who knows. Just try to learn from this experience. Take note of what you did wrong, and where you were too passive aggressive. No one is perfect in this world, and trying to blame everything on everyone else won't get you anywhere.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

; I really think it's unbelieveable how you guys tell him to "man up". Is he a heartless robot? NO!!!

Though, I agree he pushed her buttons over this Valentine's Day thing, but getting aggrivated by the things your significant other says or does happens in a relationship!!

Maybe, because of this emotional waiting process pushed her buttons even more than he actually meant to.. Like he said, it wasn't only about Valentines Day, she didn't act happy over their NOA2 after all!!! And maybe Valentines Day was the last drop of water that did make the bucket fall..

Please, don't tell him to man up, he is very emotional, I would be too if I were him!!!

Yall think it's only about Valentines Day, which is not!! Heck, how would yall do if you received your LONG WAITED NOA2? EXTREMELY HAPPY, right?? He was, but she wasn't. That was a very bad sign.

He also stated that he supported her during the whole process and what more. He visited her, he did everything that made her happy, he paid all the expenses, he tried to talk about adjusting and he told her that he would support her during her adjusting period to make her the happiest girl in the World.

He is emotional, don't say anything bad if he is just asking for help how he can go through this terrible time.

If yall read carefully, it wasn't only about V's Day!! Like I said, she must have had changed her mind before they even received their NOA2, otherwise she would be uber-happy when she heard they received their NOA2.

Put yourself in his shoes, how would you react if your fiance(e) would do the same thing, and you asked for emotional support? Would you like to hear those things like "man up" ??

WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!!!

Hi I am his ex finacee. I am not going to write whether i'm right or wrong but yes i will just put down how behaved with me post NOA2.

The night we received the NOA2, we both were jumping and expressing our happiness, I went running to my parents to tell them 'we have done it at last.'They were happy too.

2nd day i was little upset for something that happened in my family and i was not being able to show how happy i am,but later i kept telling him 'i am happy but somehow its sad out here' I am leaving now,this feeling is making me sad but i am happy i will finally live with u. 3rd day,he called me from office and i spoke in normal tone,not happy not sad,i dont know what went wrong he screamed from the parking lot 'im tired of your ###### sadness,your ###### sadness' and also some slang he used on me in my mother tongue,this was my first shock.I don't know this man,never lived with him, so of course i kept telling him i am scared of u, he said he is sorry, i said ill be really scared if u scream like this when we fight in person (trust me it was not normal scream,he was at the top of his lung in a public place and over the phone with me, and the reason being I AM NOT SHOWING HIM EXCITEMENT) well, i was happy but tensed for 'n' number of reason which the petitioners here won't understand much but the beneficiaries who r leaving for good might.He told me if he ever gets angry and wants to shout in person he would leave the house and go out.I mean its not too normal for Indians here.

Later we made up and again he started with same topic i am not showing him excitement, i felt getting mentally tortured when he was doing this, i was going to office, he knew it i am going to office and i am howling requesting him to hang up,but he won't his only statement was 'don't go to office, its not a good day for u to go to office',he doesn't need to show me concern after he had made me cry already,he need not do it at all.I might not have reacted how HE WANTED me to react,but he can't deny,everyday i told him i was happy that we got NOA2. I just couldn't explain it to him till end,when i asked my mom to tell him that i was happy.My mom made him understand that 'she is happy but may be she is little scared to leave for good now,she will be actually happy when she will meet u and start her life for good'. He then understood.We patched up.

Next after this we had several small fights,but the worst was the valentines day.

I DID SEND HIM GIFT BUT IT DID NOT GET DELIVERED,I KNEW HE WONT BELIEVE ME SO I GAVE HIM THE FLORIST PHONE NUMBER WHICH WAS A USA NUMBER,THEY CONFIRMED I DID SEND HIM THE GIFT BUT THEY WROTE THE ADDRESS WRONG. SO IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. (I HAVE STILL NOT GOT REFUND,WHICH I DON'T CARE ANYWAY, I DON'T CRY OVER MONEY). I CALLED THEM TO ASK WHY THEY DID NOT DELIVER, THEY APOLOGIZED BUT NEVER DELIVERED THE GIFT, I TOO SAD FOR THAT,I TOLD MY EX I AM SO SORRY AND I AM REALLY SAD IT WAS NOT DELIVERED.HE WAS OK THAT DAY, NEXT MORNING I WAS SLEEPING HE WOKE ME UP WITH A VERY RUDE VOICE,HE TOLD ME I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM THIS TIME AS HE DID SEND ME GIFTS AND I TRIED BUT FAILED.HE THREATENED ME IF I DON'T DO SOMETHING FOR HIM HIS IS GOING TO HOLD THIS VISA PROCESS, I WAS LIKE 'WHAT ARE U SAYING? THIS MIGHT BREAK OUR RELATION??' HE TOLD ME 'YEA I KNOW,GO TELL YOUR DAD YOU ARE NOT COMING TO USA AS YOUR FIANCEE IS HOLDING THE PROCESS'. I WAS SHOCKED,I ASKED 'WHAT U WANT ME TO DO'? HE SAID GO TO THE INTERNET AND DO SOMETHING.SO I WENT TO THE INTERNET AND SEND HIM E-CARD AND EMAIL AND SEND HIM SOME PICS OF ME AND MY FAMILY.I DID NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO TO MAKE HIM HAPPY.\

HE REPLIED IN HIS E-MAIL:

I don't know what you've done over the internet for me except for the e-card you sent. You would have sent pics of your bro's engagement anyway regardless of Valentine's Day. I don't know if you're counting that or not but I cannot count that as a Valentine's gift for me. So if you think you cannot do something to make up for it, this problem will remain unfixed and I cannot proceed further with our visa. And I really have heard a lot of apologies. All I want now is action. I cannot settle for nearly nothing again this year while I gave everything. That is not fair to me. I am deserving a Valentine's gift this year, and I cannot let this go by. So I hope you know what to do before the week is out.

I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MY LOVE I THINK.I DID WHAT I COULD.I MAY NOT BE THE RIGHT,BUT YES HE DESERVES A GIRL WHO CAN LIVE UP TO HIS EXPECTATIONS.HE KNOWS HOW MUCH I HAVE PRAYED FOR US.AND NOW I FEEL I HAD BEEN A FOOL.I DON'T EXPECT HIS PARENTS TO UNDERSTAND ME AND NOT CALL ME 'HEARTLESS AND CRUEL' BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A DAUGHTER.

I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE,I DON'T KNOW WHY STARTED THIS THREAD,MAY BE TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD,BUT IF THAT MAKES HIM HAPPY.ITS FINE. I KNOW WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE AFTER ALL THIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear...there are always ups and downs with every relationship and i knwo from my heart that I love my husbands family in karachi and we have nothing but support and love...but I will say a loving good relationship for marriage is built upon a good friendship, respect , trust and finally....love... when those things are in place then...and only then do you have a fighting chance for a good marriage...at this time i do think that you even thru your hurt and your devestation...when things clear maybe it is for the best...I dont feel that this would have brought you a good marriage for life...especially in a country not yours at birth...be thankful God was showing true colors now at this time so that you can see and make a good decision based on what you know to be truth...

all of this is stressful but not so much as to hurt one so deeply on purpose...my husband and i have gotten edgy but we always refrain from saying anythign because we love and respect eachother...

May God always keep you from harm and may you find a peace beyond these days...and may you find that respect, trusting true love you so deserve...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You're right. We are here to support each other. And I think everyone including myself, was focusing only on the Valentine's Day issue. Although I still agree that it was wrong what he said to her, I apologize for my comment. Good luck OP.

; I really think it's unbelieveable how you guys tell him to "man up". Is he a heartless robot? NO!!!

Though, I agree he pushed her buttons over this Valentine's Day thing, but getting aggrivated by the things your significant other says or does happens in a relationship!!

Maybe, because of this emotional waiting process pushed her buttons even more than he actually meant to.. Like he said, it wasn't only about Valentines Day, she didn't act happy over their NOA2 after all!!! And maybe Valentines Day was the last drop of water that did make the bucket fall..

Please, don't tell him to man up, he is very emotional, I would be too if I were him!!!

Yall think it's only about Valentines Day, which is not!! Heck, how would yall do if you received your LONG WAITED NOA2? EXTREMELY HAPPY, right?? He was, but she wasn't. That was a very bad sign.

He also stated that he supported her during the whole process and what more. He visited her, he did everything that made her happy, he paid all the expenses, he tried to talk about adjusting and he told her that he would support her during her adjusting period to make her the happiest girl in the World.

He is emotional, don't say anything bad if he is just asking for help how he can go through this terrible time.

If yall read carefully, it wasn't only about V's Day!! Like I said, she must have had changed her mind before they even received their NOA2, otherwise she would be uber-happy when she heard they received their NOA2.

Put yourself in his shoes, how would you react if your fiance(e) would do the same thing, and you asked for emotional support? Would you like to hear those things like "man up" ??

WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!!!

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi I am his ex finacee. I am not going to write whether i'm right or wrong but yes i will just put down how behaved with me post NOA2.

The night we received the NOA2, we both were jumping and expressing our happiness, I went running to my parents to tell them 'we have done it at last.'They were happy too.

2nd day i was little upset for something that happened in my family and i was not being able to show how happy i am,but later i kept telling him 'i am happy but somehow its sad out here' I am leaving now,this feeling is making me sad but i am happy i will finally live with u. 3rd day,he called me from office and i spoke in normal tone,not happy not sad,i dont know what went wrong he screamed from the parking lot 'im tired of your ###### sadness,your ###### sadness' and also some slang he used on me in my mother tongue,this was my first shock.I don't know this man,never lived with him, so of course i kept telling him i am scared of u, he said he is sorry, i said ill be really scared if u scream like this when we fight in person (trust me it was not normal scream,he was at the top of his lung in a public place and over the phone with me, and the reason being I AM NOT SHOWING HIM EXCITEMENT) well, i was happy but tensed for 'n' number of reason which the petitioners here won't understand much but the beneficiaries who r leaving for good might.He told me if he ever gets angry and wants to shout in person he would leave the house and go out.I mean its not too normal for Indians here.

Later we made up and again he started with same topic i am not showing him excitement, i felt getting mentally tortured when he was doing this, i was going to office, he knew it i am going to office and i am howling requesting him to hang up,but he won't his only statement was 'don't go to office, its not a good day for u to go to office',he doesn't need to show me concern after he had made me cry already,he need not do it at all.I might not have reacted how HE WANTED me to react,but he can't deny,everyday i told him i was happy that we got NOA2. I just couldn't explain it to him till end,when i asked my mom to tell him that i was happy.My mom made him understand that 'she is happy but may be she is little scared to leave for good now,she will be actually happy when she will meet u and start her life for good'. He then understood.We patched up.

Next after this we had several small fights,but the worst was the valentines day.

I DID SEND HIM GIFT BUT IT DID NOT GET DELIVERED,I KNEW HE WONT BELIEVE ME SO I GAVE HIM THE FLORIST PHONE NUMBER WHICH WAS A USA NUMBER,THEY CONFIRMED I DID SEND HIM THE GIFT BUT THEY WROTE THE ADDRESS WRONG. SO IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. (I HAVE STILL NOT GOT REFUND,WHICH I DON'T CARE ANYWAY, I DON'T CRY OVER MONEY). I CALLED THEM TO ASK WHY THEY DID NOT DELIVER, THEY APOLOGIZED BUT NEVER DELIVERED THE GIFT, I TOO SAD FOR THAT,I TOLD MY EX I AM SO SORRY AND I AM REALLY SAD IT WAS NOT DELIVERED.HE WAS OK THAT DAY, NEXT MORNING I WAS SLEEPING HE WOKE ME UP WITH A VERY RUDE VOICE,HE TOLD ME I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM THIS TIME AS HE DID SEND ME GIFTS AND I TRIED BUT FAILED.HE THREATENED ME IF I DON'T DO SOMETHING FOR HIM HIS IS GOING TO HOLD THIS VISA PROCESS, I WAS LIKE 'WHAT ARE U SAYING? THIS MIGHT BREAK OUR RELATION??' HE TOLD ME 'YEA I KNOW,GO TELL YOUR DAD YOU ARE NOT COMING TO USA AS YOUR FIANCEE IS HOLDING THE PROCESS'. I WAS SHOCKED,I ASKED 'WHAT U WANT ME TO DO'? HE SAID GO TO THE INTERNET AND DO SOMETHING.SO I WENT TO THE INTERNET AND SEND HIM E-CARD AND EMAIL AND SEND HIM SOME PICS OF ME AND MY FAMILY.I DID NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO TO MAKE HIM HAPPY.\

I don't know what you've done over the internet for me except for the e-card you sent. You would have sent pics of your bro's engagement anyway regardless of Valentine's Day. I don't know if you're counting that or not but I cannot count that as a Valentine's gift for me. So if you think you cannot do something to make up for it, this problem will remain unfixed and I cannot proceed further with our visa. And I really have heard a lot of apologies. All I want now is action. I cannot settle for nearly nothing again this year while I gave everything. That is not fair to me. I am deserving a Valentine's gift this year, and I cannot let this go by. So I hope you know what to do before the week is out.

I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MY LOVE I THINK.I DID WHAT I COULD.I MAY NOT BE THE RIGHT,BUT YES HE DESERVES A GIRL WHO CAN LIVE UP TO HIS EXPECTATIONS.HE KNOWS HOW MUCH I HAVE PRAYED FOR US.AND NOW I FEEL I HAD BEEN A FOOL.I DON'T EXPECT HIS PARENTS TO UNDERSTAND ME AND NOT CALL ME 'HEARTLESS AND CRUEL' BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A DAUGHTER.

I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE,I DON'T KNOW WHY STARTED THIS THREAD,MAY BE TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD,BUT IF THAT MAKES HIM HAPPY.ITS FINE. I KNOW WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE AFTER ALL THIS.

I am happy for you that you learned so much about the true him before you got here.. its obvious that he still has much growing up to do before he enters a marriage... best of luck in the future for you and I wish him much luck in his efforts to mature.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wowowowow..........

Be thankful and happy that this part of his personality came to light now before you came here. That's all I have to say. Unbelievable and immature. You made the best decision for yourself. I wish you the best.....Take care.

I DID SEND HIM GIFT BUT IT DID NOT GET DELIVERED,I KNEW HE WONT BELIEVE ME SO I GAVE HIM THE FLORIST PHONE NUMBER WHICH WAS A USA NUMBER,THEY CONFIRMED I DID SEND HIM THE GIFT BUT THEY WROTE THE ADDRESS WRONG. SO IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. (I HAVE STILL NOT GOT REFUND,WHICH I DON'T CARE ANYWAY, I DON'T CRY OVER MONEY). I CALLED THEM TO ASK WHY THEY DID NOT DELIVER, THEY APOLOGIZED BUT NEVER DELIVERED THE GIFT, I WAS TOO SAD FOR THAT,I TOLD MY EX I AM SO SORRY AND I AM REALLY SAD IT WAS NOT DELIVERED.HE WAS OK THAT DAY, NEXT MORNING I WAS SLEEPING HE WOKE ME UP WITH A VERY RUDE VOICE,HE TOLD ME I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM THIS TIME AS HE DID SEND ME GIFTS AND I TRIED BUT FAILED.HE THREATENED ME IF I DON'T DO SOMETHING FOR HIM HE'S GOING TO HOLD THIS VISA PROCESS, I WAS LIKE 'WHAT ARE U SAYING? THIS MIGHT BREAK OUR RELATION??' HE TOLD ME 'YEA I KNOW,GO TELL YOUR DAD YOU ARE NOT COMING TO USA NEXT FEW MONTHS(WHEREAS MY PARENTS ALREADY APPLIED FOR THEIR TOURIST VISA WHICH THEY WOULD HAVE USED TO DROP ME TO MY EX IN USA,AND NOW THEY HAVE THE CONFIRMATION TOO) AS YOUR FIANCEE IS HOLDING THE PROCESS'. I WAS SHOCKED,I ASKED 'WHAT U WANT ME TO DO'? HE SAID GO TO THE INTERNET AND DO SOMETHING.SO I WENT TO THE INTERNET AND SEND HIM E-CARD AND EMAIL AND SEND HIM SOME PICS OF ME AND MY FAMILY.I DID NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO TO MAKE HIM HAPPY.I WAS TERRIFIED AS HE GAVE ME ONE WEEK TIME TO PROVE MY LOVE.

I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MY LOVE I THINK.I DID WHAT I COULD.I MAY NOT BE RIGHT,BUT YES HE DESERVES A GIRL WHO CAN LIVE UP TO HIS EXPECTATIONS.HE KNOWS HOW MUCH I HAVE PRAYED FOR US.AND NOW I FEEL I HAD BEEN A FOOL.I DON'T EXPECT HIS PARENTS TO UNDERSTAND ME AND NOT CALL ME 'HEARTLESS AND CRUEL' BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A DAUGHTER.

I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE,I DON'T KNOW WHY HE STARTED THIS THREAD,MAY BE TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD,BUT IF THAT MAKES HIM HAPPY.ITS FINE. I KNOW WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE AFTER ALL THIS.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Sorry, buddy. You will get someone better in the future. She wasnt worth your love. Keep your head high! Dont cry, turn all this around and start believing into something else.

I DID SEND HIM GIFT BUT IT DID NOT GET DELIVERED,I KNEW HE WONT BELIEVE ME SO I GAVE HIM THE FLORIST PHONE NUMBER WHICH WAS A USA NUMBER,THEY CONFIRMED I DID SEND HIM THE GIFT BUT THEY WROTE THE ADDRESS WRONG. SO IT WAS NOT MY FAULT. (I HAVE STILL NOT GOT REFUND,WHICH I DON'T CARE ANYWAY, I DON'T CRY OVER MONEY). I CALLED THEM TO ASK WHY THEY DID NOT DELIVER, THEY APOLOGIZED BUT NEVER DELIVERED THE GIFT, I WAS TOO SAD FOR THAT,I TOLD MY EX I AM SO SORRY AND I AM REALLY SAD IT WAS NOT DELIVERED.HE WAS OK THAT DAY, NEXT MORNING I WAS SLEEPING HE WOKE ME UP WITH A VERY RUDE VOICE,HE TOLD ME I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR HIM THIS TIME AS HE DID SEND ME GIFTS AND I TRIED BUT FAILED.HE THREATENED ME IF I DON'T DO SOMETHING FOR HIM HE'S GOING TO HOLD THIS VISA PROCESS, I WAS LIKE 'WHAT ARE U SAYING? THIS MIGHT BREAK OUR RELATION??' HE TOLD ME 'YEA I KNOW,GO TELL YOUR DAD YOU ARE NOT COMING TO USA NEXT FEW MONTHS(WHEREAS MY PARENTS ALREADY APPLIED FOR THEIR TOURIST VISA WHICH THEY WOULD HAVE USED TO DROP ME TO MY EX IN USA,AND NOW THEY HAVE THE CONFIRMATION TOO) AS YOUR FIANCEE IS HOLDING THE PROCESS'. I WAS SHOCKED,I ASKED 'WHAT U WANT ME TO DO'? HE SAID GO TO THE INTERNET AND DO SOMETHING.SO I WENT TO THE INTERNET AND SEND HIM E-CARD AND EMAIL AND SEND HIM SOME PICS OF ME AND MY FAMILY.I DID NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO TO MAKE HIM HAPPY.I WAS TERRIFIED AS HE GAVE ME ONE WEEK TIME TO PROVE MY LOVE.

I DON'T NEED TO PROVE MY LOVE I THINK.I DID WHAT I COULD.I MAY NOT BE RIGHT,BUT YES HE DESERVES A GIRL WHO CAN LIVE UP TO HIS EXPECTATIONS.HE KNOWS HOW MUCH I HAVE PRAYED FOR US.AND NOW I FEEL I HAD BEEN A FOOL.I DON'T EXPECT HIS PARENTS TO UNDERSTAND ME AND NOT CALL ME 'HEARTLESS AND CRUEL' BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE A DAUGHTER.

I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE,I DON'T KNOW WHY HE STARTED THIS THREAD,MAY BE TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD,BUT IF THAT MAKES HIM HAPPY.ITS FINE. I KNOW WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE AFTER ALL THIS.

You are much better off without him, from the sounds of things. At least you found this out now before leaving everyone and everything behind.

I beleive there were issues on both sides.....so they're better off ending it.

Here's what the fiancee wrote:

Topics I've Started

1. Aren't you girls scared?
    09 February 2011 - 12:32 PM
    Hi all
    I really would like to ask the girls out here,who are about to leave their home country and move to their lovely fiancee's country, that isn't it scary to u all to leave everything back here and move? I know we all love our respective fiancee,and we all knew from the start that this would eventually happen,but honestly when i'm finally doing this i am extremely nervous.So many questions are on my mind:
    1) Will this relationship work in the long run (since we never had normal dating period, for years, before settling down)?
    2)Will i be able to adjust to a new country?
    3) Will my fiancee love me forever and value the fact that i have left behind everything just to be with him for the rest of my life?
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
    4) Will i see exactly what i have thought of him all these months and he doesn't change colors (no offense to him, but this is what i hear from people around that men change after marriage).
    I really hope my relationship works out and we have a good married life,God willing.
    Nonetheless my fiancee is a great guy but when people around tell u that 'i hope u r doing the right thing,its not a matter of few hours journey that we can come to your rescue if anything goes wrong,u have no friends no family there and no one to share your problems..blah blah blah' it makes me numb and scare me all the more.
    I practically have NO ONE in the US,its only him whom i know and no one else in that huge country.Its dam scary.But i do trust him and God.Hope everything will be fine,finger crossed. I really love this man,and i hope he would love me the same or more for doing this all for him. (L)

December '09 - Met via Facebook

~ Fell in love just a few months thereafter

7/18/2010 - I flew to Trinidad and met for the first time

~ Spent two weeks, one of which was in Tobago

9/9/2010 - Mailed I-129F to Texas via Express mail

9/15/2010 - NOA1 Date

4/4/2011 - NOA2 Date

4/12/2011 - NVC received

4/25/2011 - NVC sent via DHL to consulate

5/2/2011 - Packet mailed

7/25/2011 - Visa approved

:wow:

This is why its good to hear from two sides before taking side in an argument.

At least you are not as HERATLESS as you have been painted to be.

PEACE

(F)(L)

Edited by V & J

I'm glad you now know what he is like, and it didn't take you moving to America to find out. Good luck in the future.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

...I DON'T WANT THIS THREAD TO CONTINUE,I DON'T KNOW WHY HE STARTED THIS THREAD,MAY BE TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD,BUT IF THAT MAKES HIM HAPPY.ITS FINE. I KNOW WE WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE AFTER ALL THIS.

Ramisgreat stay strong! Please don’t judge all American’s by the thoughtless actions and immaturity of the OP. Based on his own writings, and your bravery to confirm the suspicions of many members, he deserves all the diverse opinions he himself requested. I was unaware that a real man even expects a valentines present more or less persecute a women who loves him for not giving them one… and you even tried! It is generally the woman who is offended by not receiving recognition of the day. It is very fortunate you discovered the tip of a toppling iceberg, as it appears there are some deep-rooted issues beyond a man demanding a Valentines present. Hopefully you can quickly move on, get this all behind you, and reestablish happiness.

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.