vbtbmrt

wife went on vacation

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all my wife went to the phils on vacation in november for christmas to visit her family i had to stay behind due to starting a now job. she took our son with for grandma to see. she was suppose to return on feb 20 she told me feb 17 she wasnt coming back ever.so now i am here just trying to figure out what to do next i have appointment with attorney today after work. will see what happens

she told me she will come back after holy week but thats just stalling as far i am concered.well she also said she has measles right now or something like it ?? she dont know because she wont go to doctor well i love my wife and son very much and dont understand what is going on thank people

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation. Did you have a misunderstanding before/ while she is on vacation? It is very unlikely she refuses to come back without a reason. It would be best to talk to her about this and get her to say what's bothering her or what she thinks is wrong.

I hope you guys work it out.

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

You can always contact the US embassy in PI to do a well-check on your son and your wife if you have suspicions something is going on. You want the American citizen services of the consular section.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

She has no right to take your child. That is considered kidnapping if she does not return (if the child is your biological child/adopted child/legally yours). That is such horrible news. I would hate to have something like tht happen to me. If you child is a US citizen, she has no legal right to move him/her with your permission. Make sure this is not a misunderstanding before you proceed but do contact the US embassy and begin taking steps to get him back.

Good luck....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
She has no right to take your child. That is considered kidnapping if she does not return (if the child is your biological child/adopted child/legally yours). That is such horrible news. I would hate to have something like tht happen to me. If you child is a US citizen, she has no legal right to move him/her with your permission. Make sure this is not a misunderstanding before you proceed but do contact the US embassy and begin taking steps to get him back.

No it's not. It COULD be called "custodial interference" if there were custody orders in place but there isn't... he said she went on holiday and he knew about it and most likely said it was fine (because he surely didn't expect this). Because he helped the baby get a passport, because the child is the mothers, she's done nothing illegal. The OP stated he let them leave the country so there's no "she had no right to move him"... he GAVE his permission.

If she never wants to come back that's her prerogative. He would have to go to lawyers to issue documents giving him custody but they might not be enforceable in the Philippines. I read that the Philippines is a party to the Hague convention so this might help things.

Good luck.

File for custody of the child in the US, then ask to have the child returned to the US. Wife is in a bad position in the PHIl, since they do not recognize divorce.

this happened to my sister, she is not a US immigrant though, UK immigrant...she was saying that she was so sad at england without a family and on the night of their flight, she wasnt all packed then. we knew her husband and were very fond of him..she's under pre partum disorder, and feels happy only wen she got back in the philippines for my wedding. we told her to go back cause that's the best thing for the baby and that the husband had been nothing but great to her.. good thing she followed our family's advise.

as much as we missed her when she was away, we loved her husband too, and this time, she has her own family already.. i think a good conversation would do good. there might be something that your wife has been keeping from you, she might be sad or something else bothers her

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Good luck....

The U.S. Embassy will not, and can not get involved in these type cases.

NATURALIZATION

02/25/2014 - Eligibility date.

03/03/2014 - N-400 package mailed.

03/11/2014 - Check cashed.

03/14/2014 - NOA received.

04/09/2014 - Biometrics.

04/28/2014 - In-Line for Interview - 6 hours later Interview Scheduled!!

05/02/2014 - Interview Letter received. (Mailed on 29 April)

05/26/2014 - 3 year anniversary.

06/02/2014 - Interview. PASSED!

09/11/2014 - Oath Ceremony.

09/16/2014 - Updated driver licence and registered to vote.

10/08/2014 - Updated Social Security

10/14/2014 - Applied for U.S. Passport

10/27/2014 - U.S. Passport arrived in mail (13 days - DID NOT expedite)

10/30/2014 - Naturalization Certificate arrived in mail (was not folded)

MY IMMIGRATION JOURNEY IS OFFICIALLY FINISHED!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

WOW!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

hi all my wife went to the phils on vacation in november for christmas to visit her family i had to stay behind due to starting a now job. she took our son with for grandma to see. she was suppose to return on feb 20 she told me feb 17 she wasnt coming back ever.so now i am here just trying to figure out what to do next i have appointment with attorney today after work. will see what happens

she told me she will come back after holy week but thats just stalling as far i am concered.well she also said she has measles right now or something like it ?? she dont know because she wont go to doctor well i love my wife and son very much and dont understand what is going on thank people

Telling you she is never coming back is deadly serious - never to be either given or taken lightly in the circumstance you described.

My wife had both post-partem depression and seasonal affective disorder at the same time. She told me she wanted to get divorced and move back to the Philipippines. I knew what was going on and told her that I understood: of course you do, your feelings are real, just look at you with the acne breaking out all over: your hormones are out of control, this is normal, I am not angry, thank you for telling me, good girl...

She pulled out just fine, wihin the hour. She did some brash, impetuous things as a teenager to try making me mad. I did not respond the way she expected. Instead I told her I knew just what she was up to and wasn't going to fall for it. The rest of the day was completely up to her. If she wanted to have a wonderful day, it was something she merely had to decide to do. If she wanted to me miserable she could choose that too. She always made the right decision.

The younger she is, the greater the possibility there is for immature thinking. I noticed that with my wife surrounded by all these psychophants back home she got a little big for her britches. We've worked through that but it is still something you have to keep in the front of your mind.

More data is needed of course. One thing to do is look back over the past and see if there are things you remember where that little man inside was telling you there was something wrong. Some red flags you rationalized away. Then with respect to the present she's got to be told that this is a declaration of intent to divorce. You can't say "I am never coming back to you" but pretend you are still married.

It would be different if you had previously talked through living there together and had substantially worked out how to accomplish it, and this was merely a six-month accellerated schedule or even a year.

It sure didn't sound like that.

The U.S. Embassy will not, and can not get involved in these type cases.

This is exactly what the Embassy will assist with and check - a USC is taken away (could even be considered child abduction).

They are there to help USCs abroad - from issuing emergency passport, to visiting USCs in prison and connecting them to legal assistance, serving as intermediary when one has been robbed so family can send money, expatriation of remains...

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Timeline

Milimelo is correct, but . . . for this very reason the US Department of State is against dual citizenship. If the child is a US citizen and the citizen of the country's it's in right now, the country will not take action against its own citizen. If the child were a US citizen only, the US had leverage due to child abduction, but here the child is in its home country with his or her mother.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I read that the Philippines is a party to the Hague convention so this might help things.

The Philippines is not a part of The Hague Convention.

http://apostillecentral.com/press/2010/07/21/which-countries-are-not-part-of-the-hague-convention/

But a part of The Hague ADOPTION Convention

http://immigration.about.com/od/immigrationbasics/f/FAQ_Adoption.htm

Agree with Milimelo...

AOS from B1B2

06/14/10 – Mailed I-130, 485,765,824

06/16/10 – Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

06/22/10 – Received texts & email routed to NBC

06/24/10 – Checks cashed for I-130, 485, 765, 824

06/26/10 – NOA1 for I-130, 485,765, 824

07/17/10 – Received hard copy of RFE 485

08/16/10 – Sent RFE response

08/19/10 – RFE delivered to NBC

08/20/10 – Case resumed online

09/24/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

10/04/10 – Received Service request letter

10/27/10 – Infopass Appt. for Biometrics

11/05/10 – Called USCIS for Biometrics

11/22/10 – Called USCIS Biometrics Service Request

11/23/10 – Wrote & Mail Letter to Congresswoman

12/06/10 – Received Biometrics Letter after 5 months…FINALLY!!!

12/14/10 – Biometrics Done!!

12/15/10 - Card Production Ordered - Online Status-YEHEYY!!!:))

12/28/10 - Received EAD Card!!! Yahoo!! :))

12/30/10 - Applied for SSN

01/03/11 - Received SSN

01/06/11 - Received Interview Letter!! Yahoo!! Feb. 8 it is!!

01/08/11 - Interview Approved!Green Card Stamped on Passport!!

01/14/11 - Approval Notice I-130 & Welcome Letter!

01/18/11 - Received Green Card in the mail..

uzKIm4.png

Daughter's CR-2 Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=members&area=aboutme

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's my example to you. It is up to you how to interpret my statement. I will try to explain to you the typical filipina custom and tradition. Not sure it might be even applicable to other traditional females in other countries.

First off. Majority of Filipina that grows up in the Philippines are soft spoken. They speak English language well but they are still soft spoken. They are very "sensitive" and as a young age they are trained to serve the whole family (cooking, household chores, take care of young siblings) in preparation when she marries someone so she can serve him well. Now, they move to the USA and marry a USC. Feeling secured being married to a nice and loving guy, she will serve you well.

Now, here's what slowly destroy the loving relationship. (This is how I see it) We as mostly male USC, if we find something which is not right or if someone has done something wrong or done something incorrectly, we tell it to them what we think without any reservation. We get upset and yell and let go off our steam as we are told to do. We get mad and upset at that moment but then we let go afterwards and we forget about it.

The typical Filipina is very sensitive to those sudden outburst and sudden anger by the husband. She will cry and keep it (the pain) to herself without you knowing it (for years) and she will never forget it. Still, she will continue to serve the husband well and hoping she won't be treated with sudden anger and sudden outburts again. Typical Filipina does not want her husband talking bad things to her parents specially her mother. Filipino's that grow up in the Philippines who are raised properly does not and are not allowed to talk back at their parents. Filipina are not trained to talk back at their husband even though they are feeling hurt. They are trained not to say hurtful words to anyone because they don't want anybody saying hurtful words to them. Here in the US, sometimes us as husbands tend to say things the way they see it and does not care if it it hurts or not because we think it is better to say it and let go of what we feel inside and let the steam go off. These type of behavior over time builds up in their heart and it will overshadow her love for her husband.

She does not talk about her problem with any other people. She does not even tell her parents her problem with the husband. If she still loves her husband and if she can't take it anymore the verbal abuse, she will not file for divorce, but she will retreat to her parents for comfort and for protection because she does not feel the love and protection anymore from her husband. It is up to the husband to adjust and learn how to deal this kind of relationship with a typical filipina that grows up in a traditional way in the Philippines. If she does not have a parents anymore to go to for comfort and protection, she will try to learn and act the way the husband does and eventually will talk back to the husband. If the husband can't take his own medicine, either someone will get hurt and arrested or divorce is the outcome.

Now to the OP, your situation might be different. However, what I just wrote is typical of why a filipina goes back home and won't come back "just yet".

To the OP, I think she still loves you too because she did not file for divorce and make you pay child support as pay back of some sort. She knows that female in the USA has equal rights with men and she could have used the legal system but not yet because I think she is hoping for some miracle.

I know this for a fact because I know. Here in the USA, a husband can't just beat or slap her wife because he will go to jail. In the Philippines women who are middle class are constantly get beaten by their husband and the husband do not go to jail because NO ONE will report it and because woman does not have equal rights in the Philippines and the laws are not being enforced even there if there is such a thing as protection for women. If the woman in the Philippines is rich and get beat up by her husband then the husband goes to jail. However, reform is slowly being implemented in the Philippines.

Now, the best way to answer your question is to ask a filipina who grew up in the Philippines and speak the same dialect as your wife in traditional way and currently living here in the USA. Approach her in a neutral way and ask question why would a filipina go back home for no reason.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8066925138937638623#
Angels Still Don't Play This HAARP

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.