75 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you for the posts,if someone can help me and tell me the forms that i need to start whit please.

To file a lawsuit you need to go to the court where he lives and file suit. Not something that you can do long distance.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I am sorry i dont know the law in US, i just wanna say sorry for what u experienced. Time gonna heal you, one day you will find better than him. Just more be aware about man. Dont let this experience ruin the rest of your life.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Filed: Timeline

Has anyone any idea if it is possible and what i have to do to find that voicemail from her again?

Do i need to go to the cellphone company,or i need an order from a judge to do that?

I would like to use that in the court,plus the messages from his cellphone that went to her cellphone.It is legaly something like this if i am acussing him of cheating?Where do i need to go to ask for this?In the court?

I am just wondering how can i find proofs in front of imigrations about what happened :(

He erased that voicemail and has a password to his voicemail!

Edited by Someone Sad

Wow, really? even if their exes cheated on them or so?

@ someone sad : I really understand your feeling because I used to stop my husband from talking to his ex who was in relationship with him for 7 years. Thanks God he listened to me and let the past go to start new life with me. I guess your husband still has some feelings for her because he still keeps her photos. visit her family and doesn't treat you good..blah blah.. I hate that kinda guy who thinks of his exes more than new ones and am always afraid of being overshadowed by exes. If he couldn't let it go, why would he marry you and then break your heart? He's totally wrong. I hope you will be able to get rid of him soon and finish your study. One day you will find a better man who at the end of the day,loves you the most.

About this discussion,he had a 6 years relation whit a girl and never mention about it.

And yes i really think he has an obsession for his ex that was 3 months whit her.This girl dumbed him to be back whit her ex,the one whom is her husband now and they have 2 kids.

I could kind of understand and try to help him if it was a long relation,but he was only 3 months whit her.

If somone who readed al my post thinks that he dosen't have an obsession please tell me the opinion that has.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:crying: i´m really sad !!!

I have a little experience like that , my husband use to talk a lot about his ex , they have a little bad broke up , and i try to deal but it was really hard , and one day i told him why he was doing that , maybe he didnt notice what he was doing , and he have not to much friends so in a way i understand i was the only person that he can talk to . . finally he said "i´m sorry honey i didnt see that i was hurting you , this is not going to happen again" . . and thanks god that was true and we are finally done with the EX ghost . .

If you give that money to him , maybe he dont have :S , but if you give that money to the place with your name or personal check? you can go and ask for it i think , but yes , you need to back there and its not going to be easy but you need to be strong , you can find better opportunities in ALL areas.

ALmost all the info you can find it online , try to find the requirements for get a divorce and move on! , i know its going to be hard but you need time for this , cheer up girl! :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Most States do not require you to show fault, in fact I though most European countries operated on a similar basis.

So check to see what your State requirements are, assuming you are looking to divorce in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Being friends with exes is indeed American way :)

If you can not handle it though, then there are underlying issues in your relationship...

True, that's quite common, especially when there are kids involved. However, it is his responsibility to explain his situation, and to do what he can to make her feel welcome and in control, and it is her choice whether to accept it.

Edited by Laser1

Filed: Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hello,

I am very sorry to hear what you are going through. Take care of yourself - exercise, eat healthy and see a psychologist for the depression.

His behavior sounds strange and wrong in many ways. Unless I misunderstood, there doesn't seem to be evidence of infidelity. If you are still in love with him, you should consider marriage counseling. If you have already made your decision then you can find more information about filing for divorce at nolo.com. The laws are different from state to state. You need to file in the state you resided and it may be possible to do it online or by mail (although very unlikely). I believe most states have "no fault" divorces, meaning it does not matter who did what (including infidelity). The nolo website can answer this about the state in your case. You also may be eligible for a fee waiver - essentially allowing you to file for divorce without payment. There are many resources available to aid you. If you were in CA you can PM me and I will send you some helpful links.

Best wishes to you.

K-3 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Tanzania

01-01-2007 Marriage

01-24-2008 I-130 Sent

02-14-2008 I-130 NOA1

02-20-2008 I-129F Sent

02-22-2008 I-129F NOA1

05-07-2008 I-129F/I-130 NOA2

05-15-2008 NVC Received

05-19-2008 Consulate Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

where are you from in europe?

because I would just stay were you are, in general school is not expensive in europe unlike in the US,

I would just start working and tell him I won't come back.

To be honest the ex story is immature but not that weird to me. My uncle is still friends with his ex wife family and his new wife is ok with it.

Good luck to you,

My advise is your health is the most precious thing you have ( worth way more than 10000 euros ) so feel better and leave him, he sounds very childish, is he young??

7/28/04 we met

10/ /06 started dating long distance, not fun

7/15/08 we gave birth to a beautiful baby boy

11/11/10 we got married in amazing Santa Barbara

11/17/10 mailed I 130, I 131, AP and EAD

11/25/10 package received

12/06/10 checks cashed

12/08/10 Email/ text

12/11/10 NOA hard copies in the mail

01/ /11 biometrics walk in successful in Oxnard

02/07/11 EAD in production, AP post decision activity

02/11/11 AP in hand

02/14/11 EAD in the mail!!!!!!!

02/17/11 EAD in hand + applied for SSN

04/13/11 Interview and Approval letter, card in production!!!

Thank you visa journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I have one more suggestion for you. I read the part that what you really want from your time in the USA is to be able to go to school for classes that are available here, and not so readily available where you are from.

6) Try to negotiate with him to get a signed agreement that he will pay $5,000 towards your school, or whatever amount you think will leave you feeling you have been treated close to fair. I chose $5000 because it is half of the $10,000 of your money that you are angry about. He can do this by paying your tuition, or any combination of support that helps you $5,000 worth towards school. Maybe giving you a car, whatever would help, if it prevented $5,000 in costs you would otherwise have. You need this agreement to be in writing and, at the divorce (separation) proceedings, have that agreement entered into the record by the judge as an "agreed order". Afterwards, if he does not honor this order, then you can have it enforced in court, and get a judgment against him, and he will have to pay your attorney fees. Also, if you have a judgment against him, you can have the money garnished (taken against his will) from his paychecks by his employer.

I have one more suggestion for you. I read the part that what you really want from your time in the USA is to be able to go to school for classes that are available here, and not so readily available where you are from.

6) Try to negotiate with him to get a signed agreement that he will pay $5,000 towards your school, or whatever amount you think will leave you feeling you have been treated close to fair. I chose $5000 because it is half of the $10,000 of your money that you are angry about. He can do this by paying your tuition, or any combination of support that helps you $5,000 worth towards school. Maybe giving you a car, whatever would help, if it prevented $5,000 in costs you would otherwise have. You need this agreement to be in writing and, at the divorce (separation) proceedings, have that agreement entered into the record by the judge as an "agreed order". Afterwards, if he does not honor this order, then you can have it enforced in court, and get a judgment against him, and he will have to pay your attorney fees. Also, if you have a judgment against him, you can have the money garnished (taken against his will) from his paychecks by his employer.

And to reply to number five,if u woulded read my posts, i have no family.And i sayed i am not intresting to stay in USA,after get my license i sayed i want to go back.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Mmmmm... well, naked pics may be a different story... She never said they were naked pics.

...but at the same time, me, personally, I would laugh about it and tease my man :lol:

Seriously??? You have to be out of your mind saying things like that... Being friends and keeping pictures are two different things... Just imagine how would you feel if under your hood you find naked pictures of your husband ex...

@ divorce sad

Im sorry for what you have to go thru... I had something like this in my life too.. I don't really have an advice for you besides keep your head up and don't let this thing bother you... It's hard i know. But you deserve better! Hope you will figure it out ! Good luck!!

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Someone Sad,

what is that special education you want to get? May be someone here can advise you on the best/most affordable option.

Let's forget about the emotional part... you want to go to school. You can do it by remaining in the US by preserving your immigration status (what is it? Do you have a conditional green card?) or by returning back home and obtaining an F-1 visa.

Either way, you should start by finding the educational institution you want to attend and finding their requirements for admittance/ payment options.

Once you know which school you want to go to, you will know how much money you need for it. Then you could deal with your divorce/immigration.

Divorce is easiest if amicable. If you two agree on the terms of divorce, it can be quick and cheap. There is no need to prove his fault to a divorce judge. If you have a conditional GC there is no need to prove his fault to immigration either.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.