jeraldgefre

failed k1 im manila

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Maybe you should find out what questions they asked her at the embassy and what answers she gave. They might have asked her if she had been filed for before and she denied. That would affect you.

This is good advice but ALL the comments about the relationship are off topic in this forum. The OP is asking for immigration related help, not relationship advice, however well meaning it might be.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One totally inappropriate and judgmental comment has been removed.

As Pushbrk aptly points out, the OP has not asked for relationship advice - he has asked for specific immigration advice. Without knowing all of the circumstances involved it is inappropriate to make judgmental, negative comments that will obviously cause the OP further distress at this time. Offering advice to be careful and information that will help him in these circumstances are fine; making harsh, judgmental comments and assigning negative assumptions and connotations to either party based on the information presented is inappropriate. Please do not continue in this vein.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well I was only trying to point out that everyone has relationships in the past, that's normal, but something as "significant" as someone petitioning for her before should have been told to him, just like something as "significant" as sleeping for guys for money or any other "dark secret" should be disclosed.

Also many people including me have told him that he needs to ask the first petitioner questions to get a better idea of what really happened. But in the end it's his choice what he wants to do and if he wants to continue or not. I wish the best for him in whatever he chooses to do.

OP, you do not need a lawyer until you have re-established a legit relationship with her (which I hope you don't). Maybe you should find out what questions they asked her at the embassy and what answers she gave. They might have asked her if she had been filed for before and she denied. That would affect you. Those who have argued that not all needs to be disclosed in a relationship; Would you rather find out your lover's dark past from a third party or from him/her? If your wife confessed to you she had slept with a couple of guys in the past for money, sure you would be pissed, but the fact that she told you herself would make you see she regrets and is honest. If you had to find out from a third party before she admits it, how can you ever trust her again? You'd believe there are probably worse secrets she's hiding.

Also, the fact that the OP's fiancée told him she was the one that cut off the previous relationship does not mean that is actually how it happened. How can you trust what comes from someone who has deceived you thus far? OP needs to find out the truth from the previous guy. Maybe the previous guy found out there was a previous guy as well and baled.

Ultimately, the decision is the OP's to make. Weigh the odds with reasoning. Take the chance, spend more and regret later, or find another and approach with lessons learned from this so you wouldn't make the same mistake again. Before you propose, be sure to know everything possible about her so you don't get any future surprises. Choice is yours, good luck.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

of course i dont know her i'm giving advice like everyone else does here. and she has a record now at the US embassy in manila.Now one thing u should be do is contact the her ex fiance and get the lawyer to fixed ur problem in US embassy manila...

this case happened also even before.... pls. visit Phil. forum and look for a thread like this... i read there somewhere before that the filipina also denied bcoz of previous petition by another USC, the CO asked her if she have a letter with her from the previous petitioner during that time... if she have that letter asked by the CO she can have her visa too... but unfortunately there is none so she was DENIED.... BUT, the OP's beneficiary as i said in my previous post can contact the 1st petitioner and ask him to withdraw the previous case, it will take 6 mons. to totally close the previous case... then after that the OP can re-file again the k1 petition or like others do here they can marry and file for Cr1.... :star:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Sorry, your question seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. :blush:

An approved petition is valid for four months. A US consulate has the authority to extend the approval in four month increments, and they'll often do so automatically. They usually won't extend the approval more than one year beyond the date it was originally approved.

Once a petition is submitted to USCIS, unless an RFE is issued at some point, no further action is required from the petitioner. If USCIS approves it then it will go to NVC, and ultimately to the consulate. In that case, she would need to know the consulate's case number (assigned by NVC) in order to find out if the petition has expired. If the petitioner withdrew the petition before it was approved then it's not likely either one of you would be able to find out anything about it.

Common sense is that you don't grant someone a k1 visa when they are on their second different petitioner within one year. I think that was the concern. Also wouldn't homeland security red flag the whole thing when they see someone getting petitioned by two different people? How did the second petition get to interview so quick? If the first petition was from six months earlier and made it to nvc then it sounds like the second petition was filed at close to the same time right? Why was an interview appointment even made for the second petition or were they using the appointment from the first petitioner? omg!

I recently withdrew my first petition because I found out that I qualified to file direct through the embassy. After emailing and calling the USCIS several times, I determined that the only way to make sure that it would get cancelled was to send in a request in writing. I even questioned what address to send it to and was told over the phone to use the address on the acceptance form. Hopefully the USCIS won't drag their feet too long or we might have the same problem when we go for the interview. If anyone knows more info on this help us out.

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

Common sense is that you don't grant someone a k1 visa when they are on their second different petitioner within one year. I think that was the concern. Also wouldn't homeland security red flag the whole thing when they see someone getting petitioned by two different people? How did the second petition get to interview so quick? If the first petition was from six months earlier and made it to nvc then it sounds like the second petition was filed at close to the same time right? Why was an interview appointment even made for the second petition or were they using the appointment from the first petitioner? omg!

I recently withdrew my first petition because I found out that I qualified to file direct through the embassy. After emailing and calling the USCIS several times, I determined that the only way to make sure that it would get cancelled was to send in a request in writing. I even questioned what address to send it to and was told over the phone to use the address on the acceptance form. Hopefully the USCIS won't drag their feet too long or we might have the same problem when we go for the interview. If anyone knows more info on this help us out.

If you filed a petition to the same person and withdrew it, I think it wont be a problem. As long as you are saying the TRUTH during interview, you'll never go wrong. Goodluck! :thumbs:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

All common sense stuff, but it's happened before, and in Manila no less! A beneficiary showed up for her K1 interview and was denied because the consulate still had her previous petition, and it was still active.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

Multiple inappropriate posts removed. Keep to the topic and stop speculating. I am reposting Kathryn's earlier statement. Any further such posts will result in a thread ban.

One totally inappropriate and judgmental comment has been removed.

As Pushbrk aptly points out, the OP has not asked for relationship advice - he has asked for specific immigration advice. Without knowing all of the circumstances involved it is inappropriate to make judgmental, negative comments that will obviously cause the OP further distress at this time. Offering advice to be careful and information that will help him in these circumstances are fine; making harsh, judgmental comments and assigning negative assumptions and connotations to either party based on the information presented is inappropriate. Please do not continue in this vein.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Being married to an Asian (Nepali) I know and understand this to be true as well. If things are not directly asked, they are sometimes not shared at all.

I am not asian, but I also feel reluctant to share every part about my past relationships with my husband. He does not ask a lot of questions about them (due to his culture) and I don't offer excessive information. I hope to have learned from my past mistakes and not have to relive them.

I don't know this girl's intentions, but when you love someone, sometimes it is scary to tell about things that may cause you to lose them.

This visa thing tends to make us all a little more paranoid about questioning someone's motives.

not trying to single you out, but this seemed like a great time to chime in here.

I'm not sure I buy the 'Asians have a tendency to be secretive, it's part of the culture, etc' excuse as if culture is a valid excuse for not being totally forthcoming to one's future spouse. Although I can understand the rationale, it just seems weird to me...like saying 'Asians cannot be fully trusted because they are secretive' and that just is wrong imo.

But the reason I quoted your post is what I bolded. When she and the OP got together, having a failed relationship is just part of the package. When I met my now husband, I had recently called off an engagement. Of course, in the span of 'getting to know' each other, it did come up...but it was nothing to hide in fear he'd leave...why would he? It happened beforehand. It was just as much a non-issue as telling him what my favorite color was.

...which leads me to my assumption that there must have been an overlap due to the short time span.

Finally, this woman went to an interview knowing full well she had two pending petitions. What did she expect? To pull the wool over the CO's eyes, her future husband's too?

The visa thing SHOULD make people paranoid....it's not a cheap process. And I don't just mean the petition, but the whole experience of bringing over, and caring for a foreign national spouse. Let alone the I864. IMO, more people need to think with their heads and gut, and not just romanticize it all away...especially when the foreign SO is from a high fraud country.

OP, the path is yours to take, whichever one you choose. Good luck

Edited by Lisa C

Timeline

not trying to single you out, but this seemed like a great time to chime in here.

I'm not sure I buy the 'Asians have a tendency to be secretive, it's part of the culture, etc' excuse as if culture is a valid excuse for not being totally forthcoming to one's future spouse. Although I can understand the rationale, it just seems weird to me...like saying 'Asians cannot be fully trusted because they are secretive' and that just is wrong imo.

But the reason I quoted your post is what I bolded. When she and the OP got together, having a failed relationship is just part of the package. When I met my now husband, I had recently called off an engagement. Of course, in the span of 'getting to know' each other, it did come up...but it was nothing to hide in fear he'd leave...why would he? It happened beforehand. It was just as much a non-issue as telling him what my favorite color was.

...which leads me to my assumption that there must have been an overlap due to the short time span.

Finally, this woman went to an interview knowing full well she had two pending petitions. What did she expect? To pull the wool over the CO's eyes, her future husband's too?

The visa thing SHOULD make people paranoid....it's not a cheap process. And I don't just mean the petition, but the whole experience of bringing over, and caring for a foreign national spouse. Let alone the I864. IMO, more people need to think with their heads and gut, and not just romanticize it all away...especially when the foreign SO is from a high fraud country.

OP, the path is yours to take, whichever one you choose. Good luck

"Secretive" is a word you interjected, not one used by others to describe Asian people or their culture. One person's lack of understanding of how another thinks does not invalidate anything. It just shows a lack of understanding, which of course, is nothing to be ashamed of. In my life experience I've seen about as much, "It's in the past so why not mention it." as I've seen, "It's in the past so why mention it." In this case, the reason why is that it matters but you only know that it matters if you know that it matters.

Please, lets stop speculating about the girl's motives and giving relationship advise. It's off topic and a moderator has already asked that it cease.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

"Secretive" is a word you interjected, not one used by others to describe Asian people or their culture. One person's lack of understanding of how another thinks does not invalidate anything. It just shows a lack of understanding, which of course, is nothing to be ashamed of. In my life experience I've seen about as much, "It's in the past so why not mention it." as I've seen, "It's in the past so why mention it." In this case, the reason why is that it matters but you only know that it matters if you know that it matters.

Please, lets stop speculating about the girl's motives and giving relationship advise. It's off topic and a moderator has already asked that it cease.

I'm not giving the OP any advice, as you'll see from my last sentence. It's up to him to decide what he wants to do. I was just commenting generally, which, might I add, is the exact same thing you did.

We can split hairs with words, but the general supposition that it's ok for the omission due to culture is one that I don't completely buy. I think everyone is capable of complete transparency within a relationship as massive as one where marriage is on the table. You may not agree, and that's fine, too.

Timeline

I'm not giving the OP any advice, as you'll see from my last sentence. It's up to him to decide what he wants to do. I was just commenting generally, which, might I add, is the exact same thing you did.

We can split hairs with words, but the general supposition that it's ok for the omission due to culture is one that I don't completely buy. I think everyone is capable of complete transparency within a relationship as massive as one where marriage is on the table. You may not agree, and that's fine, too.

Most of my post was directed at the list of posts above yours that continued to violate terms of service and the admonition of the moderator. The only thing directly in response to your post was the first sentence where you injected the term "secretive". It was not used by anyone else and is a gross misinterpretation of anything written to describe Asian culture or behavior previously in this thread.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.