jeraldgefre

failed k1 im manila

60 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have to agree with everyone else. The fact that she didn't tell you about this should be setting off alarms in your head. I can't count how many people have posted on this forum after their fiancee arrived in the US, got married, and then turned into bridezilla. At that point, it was obvious to them that they'd been played for a green card, and almost all of them say that there was an alarm like this early in the relationship but they chose to ignore it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd pull the plug. If the petition is allowed to expire (which is likely with CSC) then don't file another one. Tell her you are hurt by the fact that she hid this from you, and you'd like at least another year or two to allow your relationship to develop before you consider filing another petition. If she drops you like a hot potato then you've got your answer.

Rightly said. They ignore these early signs on the claim that they are in love. I'm starting to hate hearing that word. They believe love makes all the difference, until they are in too deep/too late, and filled with regrets. Use you head this time and shut off your heart for now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This brings up a question I have in a similar situation in which I have a question. I cannot find on this web site on when a petition expires. Or how long, with no action taken on the petition, does it expire.

The reason why is one was filed for my gal over a year ago by another guy. The guy vanished and stopped contacting her for no reason. She never received any notice from him or the UCSIS if the petition was canceled or withdrawn.

Does anyone know or who do we contact to verify?

Thanks.

Timeline

You can give her a second chance. I think that girl was afraid to tell you because she did not want to hurt you. I hear similar stories. Just be careful and don't rush filing. Take a year or so to get to know her. See if you two can tolerate each other for a year or so. If she really loves you, she will be willing to wait for you. If she rushes you, then, I am sure you know what to do. ===> Run as fast as you can!

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

OP, you should ask her how she met the other guy and compare it with how you met. There's a good chance she met you both online. I bet you if this one does not work, they lady would catch another US guy within days. You should be very friendly with the other guy so you can find out from him as much as possible about the girl, and turn around and ask the girl similar questions to see if she is honest. I think you have all the tools to investigate and find out her real intentions. But I would not give someone like that a second chance. Besides the excuse of not wanting the OP to be upset about the other guy ...what about the timing in between both guys .....Highly suspect!

well for me honesty and respect in a relationship is very important no matter what it is...

especially like us that in a LDR, before we should start the relationship lets just be honest and truthful to our partner....

in this case the filipina did a foul for not telling her situation, if she is mature enough and love u that much like what she told u then she should tell u that before... if the embassy didnt caught her record do u think she would tell u that or not? now that the situation happened how can u be so sure that she is telling u now that truth and all the information u got from her are true? there will always be a doubt right? well my advice observe and have a strong feeling if she is true or not...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

hello people...have not been here for a while..yesterday my girl had her interview and was denied because of a pitition that another man had started..i was unaware of this and she told me that she thought it was done and over with..she said it only cleared nvc but she pulled from relationship because of problems that he would not accept her family and was wanting no part of them.so this brought me into picture as new petioner after 6 months.i have been there to visit her and family a total of five weeks and in two trips.she is unsure if our case is closed but was denied because of old case.is there anything that i can do to get old case removed?i am dissapointed she never said anything to me of this but she says she was afraid that i would turn on her for this.i do understand her thinking but i told her that paper trail is in system and she should have known this when we first filed in laguna,ca.i am at loss to know what to do now..any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Six months after her previous relationship ended? Do you think she was talking to you while she was going to the process with the other fella and maybe you could of been "Plan B"? I'm sort of stuck here on that part. Did she ask you to support her family financially? Maybe she did that to the other fella and he wasn't having none of that. I don't know how the culture is there but I have read many stories of the person overseas asking for money because somebody is sick and got to take care of family and the whole nine yards including the buffet. I'm with everybody else on here. You got to tread carefully. She might be more then meets the eye.

Timeline

hello people...have not been here for a while..yesterday my girl had her interview and was denied because of a pitition that another man had started..i was unaware of this and she told me that she thought it was done and over with..she said it only cleared nvc but she pulled from relationship because of problems that he would not accept her family and was wanting no part of them.so this brought me into picture as new petioner after 6 months.i have been there to visit her and family a total of five weeks and in two trips.she is unsure if our case is closed but was denied because of old case.is there anything that i can do to get old case removed?i am dissapointed she never said anything to me of this but she says she was afraid that i would turn on her for this.i do understand her thinking but i told her that paper trail is in system and she should have known this when we first filed in laguna,ca.i am at loss to know what to do now..any help would be greatly appreciated please.

me and my fiance took 2 years to know each other and see if realtionship work and last before we decided to meet and get married, he has no doubt he was the first :)

im sorry about this..but you should be thankful you know about that before she get there,without the usem data you will not know about that, they are right she must be hiding more, ask her about her past guy and why it happens and decide to wait more months or years to know her more before you file again ,there will be doubts in your side but if she love you honestly then she must prove it to you,in 6 months she is ready to get married again? hmm something wrong in this check first its easy to say the 3 words than to prove.. god bless you..

Timeline

Six months after her previous relationship ended? Do you think she was talking to you while she was going to the process with the other fella and maybe you could of been "Plan B"? I'm sort of stuck here on that part. Did she ask you to support her family financially? Maybe she did that to the other fella and he wasn't having none of that. I don't know how the culture is there but I have read many stories of the person overseas asking for money because somebody is sick and got to take care of family and the whole nine yards including the buffet. I'm with everybody else on here. You got to tread carefully. She might be more then meets the eye.

:lol: For all you know there could already be a Plan C and D. All the more reason he needs to have a friendly chat with the first guy ....if the first guy really is the first.

Edited by Tero

Agreed. And judging by the timing of it all, you both were probably already chatting while her first k1 was still going on. How long have you guys been together? If her k1 is still fresh then it means she was using you both at the same time? Or she felt things were not working out with her first man so she looked for a back-up. Get all the facts straight, and check the timeline. Ask her details about it and then call her previous petitioner. See how it adds up and check when you came in the picture, hopefully she wasn't a two-timer.

And by the way, how is she reacting to all of this?

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

its been a few years since i filed the petition for perviz ......... but doesn't it ask someplace on there if someone else has ever filed a petition for that person? or if they have ever been denied a immigrant visa?

if that question is on there and she answered no then she has more problems legally than just not being honest with you........if it is not on there then it should be

just my opinion

sara

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

its been a few years since i filed the petition for perviz ......... but doesn't it ask someplace on there if someone else has ever filed a petition for that person? or if they have ever been denied a immigrant visa?

if that question is on there and she answered no then she has more problems legally than just not being honest with you........if it is not on there then it should be

just my opinion

sara

The petition asks if the US Citizen has petitioned another foreigner in the past but does NOT ask if anybody has petitioned the foreigner in the past.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The petition asks if the US Citizen has petitioned another foreigner in the past but does NOT ask if anybody has petitioned the foreigner in the past.

thanks for clearing that up as i said has been a few years since i filed for him i remembered some sort of question about it but was not sure exact what it did say.......but i do believe that should be question on the petition that is filled out...would save a lot of people heart ache

sara

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.