jeraldgefre

failed k1 im manila

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello people...have not been here for a while..yesterday my girl had her interview and was denied because of a pitition that another man had started..i was unaware of this and she told me that she thought it was done and over with..she said it only cleared nvc but she pulled from relationship because of problems that he would not accept her family and was wanting no part of them.so this brought me into picture as new petioner after 6 months.i have been there to visit her and family a total of five weeks and in two trips.she is unsure if our case is closed but was denied because of old case.is there anything that i can do to get old case removed?i am dissapointed she never said anything to me of this but she says she was afraid that i would turn on her for this.i do understand her thinking but i told her that paper trail is in system and she should have known this when we first filed in laguna,ca.i am at loss to know what to do now..any help would be greatly appreciated please.

contact the previous petitioner and tell him to withdraw the previous k1...

u can re-file the k1 again or do the cr1....

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I think I would be a little cautious and look more into the fact that she hid that from you. It will take time to refile and in that time the relationship may need re-evaluated. IMO that shouldnt have been something she kept to herself (being engaged to another man in such a short time and confessing her undying love so fast to another US citizen). I wish you the best of luck and hope this wasnt some elaborate set-up. I hope it all works out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

From what you've stated as the facts it sounds like the CO in Manila is questioning your fiancee's true motives: love or wanting to reside in the US. That is what she needs to be able to explain satisfactorily in the interview.

Even with the old petition expired/removed/revoked that will be a part of her file. A consultation with an experienced immigration attorney may be helpful to prepare your next step.

Best of luck.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

First of all, I am sorry that she did not tell you about it. It must not have been a pleasant surprise to hear. She should have known better but I have a feeling she was too afraid to risk losing you. Anyway.. it sucks that you have to be the one to suffer the consequences of the unaccounted previous petition. And if I am not mistaken, you will have to wait for USCIS to get back to you right? Someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, is there a way to ask the previous petitioner to withdraw it as previously mentioned by godsgift? Also, remember that honesty is very important in a relationship. Just a thought.

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

To me it seems like when the other one didn't work out, she looked for a back-up right away. Maybe I'm being judgemental but that's just how it looks from my perspective ^.^ I hope I am wrong and best of luck to you both!

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I agree with everyone. This girl might be hiding a lot from you. How can she ammry twice in a period of 6 months. I do not like to be judgemental; but this relationship does not look good. If I were you, I would some investigation before I take my next step. Most Filipinas are NOT like this. There must be trust in a marriage. If there is no trust, you have nothing. Good luck on your journey

RUN, and do not look back :yes:

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Forget about her --it smells ''fishy ''--too many red flags . She sounds like a ''gold digger''.Consider yourself lucky it happened now and not later. :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would run too. Previous relationships, especially serious ones that were recent, should have been disclosed to each other. She's got to be hiding more. Sounds like you both jumped in too soon. If you filed so soon, how could you know she is faithful or honest? Doesn't sound like she was. What a risky way to get married. Good thing you found out now. Take your time with the next one.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.