feg

Losing faith

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I find your comment about 50 something year old guys beyond distasteful, it is appallingly offensive!

YEP, only a child would say such a thing. Grow-up, everyone has the right to love someone, even the those who haven't mature yet. Sorry but this needed to be said.

Continue with the whinning, it does help relieve the stress of waiting, but in the end all you can do is wait.

A different opinion means we don't care or are against them? "Black or white thinking" there... No obligation to listen to those saying "It will get better" and "Try to keep a positive outlook - it'll help things pass easier." Of course.

Sorry, but I still don't see how we "don't care" and are "against" him. We are experiencing the EXACT same thing!

Oh well. If people want to continue to get angry every day for it, they are more than welcome to, even if it is bad for their physical health and can cause fights/trouble within the relationship. *shrugs* Just seems like a silly way to spend your day, every day!

hey kiwi, what in the world is your problem?! You like people to feel the same way you feel (optimistic and super patient)???? if you are born that way, then lucky for you, but you NEVER have the right to tell people that they should feel or act the way you do, if they are pissed off, sad, impatient, or pessimistic, LET THEM BE! You shouldn't tell them you should be this, be that, blah blah blah, and who are u to tell them that what they feel is wrong, or they should feel this way or that way? and even if it causing them problems, you are totally and completely out of it! mind your own business and respect their feelings. If you think it's silly to whine, so what?! your opinion doesn't matter to me at all. If you have a problem on how people feel about their case----deal with it. Sorry you said, i certainly don't need it, keep it to yourself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I find it completely inexcusable for our so-called government to be failing us so utterly and totally as they are doing here. There is no reason why they can't get us the NOA2s that we are entitled to in 60 days, except for one: THEY DON"T CARE.

The so-called backlog is just a pathetic excuse for their callous disregard for us and our well being. I don't buy such ridiculous lies from anybody, government or otherwise.

The government says they have to be careful so they don't let terrorists into our country. And after the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the Times Square bomber, the Oregon Christmas tree bomber and all of the September 11 terrorists, we can see that their "system" is working very well.

So keep up the good work there in Washington D.C!!

And Merry Christmas to all of the bureaucrats who get to enjoy it with their wives while they force us to be us separated from ours.

who said 60 days ? The current processing time is 5 months. patience patience

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Wow, another nasty thread! Thought this site was supposed to be supportive.. A couple of you are just plain ignorant.. We SHOULD have our NAO2 within 5 months as that is the agreed time. It IS unfair that some people wait less than others.. and as for this "have patience" nonsense I won't do what some of you guys do and judge others Ill simply tell you how I feel personally.. If I was to have a blase attitude and say to my fiance "oh just wait a few more months it'll happen, we have to be patient" Sod that.. I want to be with her yesterday and If I felt ANY other way I probably shouldnt be with her. To the majority of lovely people on this thread keep your heads up and try every way to speed up this nonsensical process. Our 5 months is up today so we'll be on to the senator soon as.. Ill let you know how it goes..

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I personally think there is no need to be calling VSC or CSC if the 5 month mark is not up cause all they re going to tell you is the processing time is 5 months. Take a look at my timeline to see what I went thru, you think I had patience, NO.. but I had to learn to be patient. I went thru a very complicated immigration case and our case even got returned and I had to refile and look where I am now, I withdraw my petition.

Ally... I see you are at the 5 month mark. Give it until the end of the week, hopefully you have your NOA2 by then - you are so so close :)

For the rest of you, good luck, I know this is a VERY stressful and difficult process, take one day at a time... your NOAS will come and soon you will be reunited with your loved ones.

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I personally think there is no need to be calling VSC or CSC if the 5 month mark is not up cause all they re going to tell you is the processing time is 5 months. Take a look at my timeline to see what I went thru, you think I had patience, NO.. but I had to learn to be patient. I went thru a very complicated immigration case and our case even got returned and I had to refile and look where I am now, I withdraw my petition.

Ally... I see you are at the 5 month mark. Give it until the end of the week, hopefully you have your NOA2 by then - you are so so close :)

For the rest of you, good luck, I know this is a VERY stressful and difficult process, take one day at a time... your NOAS will come and soon you will be reunited with your loved ones.

Cheers, Thats more like it.. :thumbs:

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey Al,

You've been around here awhile, 2004 it says...Did you do any research during this time on the length of time involved in this process? One would think that you have done a fair amount of research before even thinking about a long distance relationship with a lady 13 time zones away. I worry for you, man. You are two months into a process that will likely take another 4 or 5 and you're already blowing your top. Take it easy man (I will offer positive advise). Stay busy and try to find things to talk about with Elena other than immigration. And quit checking your mailbox! There won't be anything in there from Dept. of State for at least a couple more months. It will make this process so much easier.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not afraid to make controversial statements, as you all can see here.

This place is supposed to be a place of lively discussion about immigration issues, but that lively discussion will never materialize as long as we keep patronizing each other and playing nicey nice with the government that is screwing all of us each and every day. I have no intention of doing either.

I also have no intention of sitting on my hands and waiting for the government to finish playing God with my life before I see my Elena again. I have voted in each and every election since turning 18, and I do not recall ever seeing a God column on any ballot. I will be taking action very soon, and I will post about that action as soon as I get some results.

Yes, I did start my journey in 2004. At that time, Vermont was actually working at a reasonable speed, issuing NOA2s in 30 days. Even as late as last year I heard stories of 30 day turnarounds. But now they have apparently decided that Hatian charity cases are more important that hard working, taxpaying, fee paying American citizens. This is an outrage, and I do not intend to take this outrage lying down.

You can post whatever you like about how wrong I am and about how much I am hurting myself. None of that bothers me. I have been called wrong before, but after I got the results I was seeking through aggressive action while those who called me wrong were still waiting for theirs, nobody called me wrong any longer. I might get hit with a few rounds of the return fire I am drawing, but it is worth it in the end to get the result I am after.

hey kiwi, what in the world is your problem?! You like people to feel the same way you feel (optimistic and super patient)???? if you are born that way, then lucky for you, but you NEVER have the right to tell people that they should feel or act the way you do, if they are pissed off, sad, impatient, or pessimistic, LET THEM BE! You shouldn't tell them you should be this, be that, blah blah blah, and who are u to tell them that what they feel is wrong, or they should feel this way or that way? and even if it causing them problems, you are totally and completely out of it! mind your own business and respect their feelings. If you think it's silly to whine, so what?! your opinion doesn't matter to me at all. If you have a problem on how people feel about their case----deal with it. Sorry you said, i certainly don't need it, keep it to yourself.

Hey, if you don't want to be told that it gets better and be encouraged that way, don't read it. I'm not saying people 'have to feel this way'. I'm just saying "Hey look, the grass is greener and the sun is brighter when you try to keep your chin up." If that offends you, I'm sorry for that. I truely feel sorry for you that cheerfulness really makes you that angry. That is real unfortunate. :(

As for me, I'll continue to post hope and positive encouraging posts for people as best I can. I refuse to watch people get depressed and just let them lie in it. I find whenever I get depressed, it helps to have someone positive around. Sometimes the mood just simply catches on. That's my hope for those here that are hopeless and upset. Lord knows I'm not always patient and happy. I'm just *choosing* to be right now. And yes, to an earlier poster, I DO know what the wait does to a person. Last I checked, I'm still waiting, too. It's somewhat annoying that people discredit me, saying I'm 'new' and I don't know what the wait is like. I waited for two years to even be ABLE to file. I have been waiting a lot longer than just 'paperwork' says I have been.

Oh, and to answer your question "What in the world is my problem??".. My answer is that my "problem" is that I refuse to let it get me down and I try to encourage people in positive ways and give hope. (I don't mind my 'problem' though. There are worse things than remaining postive and cheerful!) :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Petitions/Visas filed by tax paying, United States Citizens should be the #1 priority of the USCIS. Who pays their salary? The tax paying United States Citizen. All visas/petitions/AOS's/N-400's that arrive to any USCIS facility filed by a United States Citizen should be processed asap.

I frankly do not understand how a Temp. Protective Status visa applicant takes priority over a citizen (As is the case with VSC right now), and hell TPS applicants are able to work if they apply for EAD which they are able to do, so the average citizen, during a time when jobs are far and few, will have even more problems finding a job.

Yes, I did start my journey in 2004. At that time, Vermont was actually working at a reasonable speed, issuing NOA2s in 30 days. Even as late as last year I heard stories of 30 day turnarounds. But now they have apparently decided that Hatian charity cases are more important that hard working, taxpaying, fee paying American citizens. This is an outrage, and I do not intend to take this outrage lying down.

:thumbs:

I have to repeat this: United States Citizens should be the #1 priority of the USCIS. I know it's the center for immigration services but USC's family members SHOULD be the #1 priority (especially since we USC's are paying govt. worker's salaries). It's very frustrating to see the endless amounts of temporary protected status visa applicants which have taken priority at USCIS.

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hey, if you don't want to be told that it gets better and be encouraged that way, don't read it. I'm not saying people 'have to feel this way'. I'm just saying "Hey look, the grass is greener and the sun is brighter when you try to keep your chin up." If that offends you, I'm sorry for that. I truely feel sorry for you that cheerfulness really makes you that angry. That is real unfortunate. :(

As for me, I'll continue to post hope and positive encouraging posts for people as best I can. I refuse to watch people get depressed and just let them lie in it. I find whenever I get depressed, it helps to have someone positive around. Sometimes the mood just simply catches on. That's my hope for those here that are hopeless and upset. Lord knows I'm not always patient and happy. I'm just *choosing* to be right now. And yes, to an earlier poster, I DO know what the wait does to a person. Last I checked, I'm still waiting, too. It's somewhat annoying that people discredit me, saying I'm 'new' and I don't know what the wait is like. I waited for two years to even be ABLE to file. I have been waiting a lot longer than just 'paperwork' says I have been.

Oh, and to answer your question "What in the world is my problem??".. My answer is that my "problem" is that I refuse to let it get me down and I try to encourage people in positive ways and give hope. (I don't mind my 'problem' though. There are worse things than remaining postive and cheerful!) :)

Hi Kiwi- I read the whole thread and it's so great that you choose to stay so optimistic throughout this process. Just a thought though, maybe in a thread called "Losing faith" people aren't looking for encouragement but instead are looking to discuss their frustrations and the fact that they are losing faith.

9/21/10--I-129F mailed to Dallas

9/29/10--NOA1 (email and text message)

9/29/10--Check cashed

10/1/10--NOA1 hardcopy received (dated 9/27 and sent to VSC)

10/3/10--Touched (everyone touched)

10/4/10--Touched!

04/19/11-NOA2!! (FINALLY! After 204 days)

Major change of plans - the wait was too long for us and I ended up moving to Croatia in June 2011.

Married 06/09/12 <3

9/3/12 - I-130 NOA1

Check out my blog about long distance love, expat life, cooking, healthy living... http://dreamofhometonight.blogspot.com

Let us not forget that these TPS people have been waiting over a year, and their whole families have died and they have had their lives destroyed. One could argue that these TPS cases help unburden the American people as a whole by offering these people an opportunity to work and integrate here and try to live normal lives after a horrendous natural disaster instead of continuing to be helpless and use our financial resources (whether it be from taxes or other things that we all pay for).

The waiting sucks, and I agree that it should go much faster, but I don't think you want to switch places with the Haitians who are here right now under protected status. Our loved ones are alive.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.