feg

Losing faith

145 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

@baron555 thats your friends choice and to be honest an awful irresponsible one,does not mean we will go the same way.let me guess,youre one of those people who had the whole thing done within five months and by the sixth had your wife over?

Actually they did call and inquired many times but were only told to be patient and wait. They did, they never complained openly about it, they dealt with it (he went to visit her again, unplanned) and now they are together and are very real and very happy.

You can read our timeline to see our history. A year ago CSC did the same thing as you are seeing here. No touches until a day before the big approval announcement. You can only be patient. If you don't like the process, then I trust you vote in our elections and only elect candidates the support your views. The alternative is go live in another country or find another spouse. Sorry if this is so cruel but that is the way it is. One needs conviction and backbone and maybe some are not cut out for that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Dont lose faith everyone.... if you look at the timelines in VJ, it shows that members of VJ are recieving noa2's from both service centers in november, and starting again in december... just remember that members of V.J. only make up 1% or less of the people who are filing petitions....

Everyday that passess is one day closer to recieving that NOA2!!!!...... keep that in mind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Patience is the key here. My first petition was denied, so had to apply again - on both petitions I waited 5 months for NOA2 and then at least another month for the interview. I had to say this, but dont make plans.. that you need to be in the US at a certain time. This process is beyond stressful and time consuming so my best advice is, take one day at a time.

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

That's your 'friends' problem (love how everyone has a 'friend' when they argue a point) if he/she even exists.

Funny thing though, you're here whining about people whining, priceless.

If you don't have anything to contribute that would be of some help to the original purpose of the thread, don't bother posting rude #######.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i can feel you're noa2 on its way

Thank you so much for the encouraging words :D

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Got my NOA1 on July30th and since then............NADA!! December 30th makes 5 months really hope i get my NOA2 this month so much for xmas and new years with my lady .... keep your head up , be positive and im sure we will all get out well deserved NOA2

Timeline

Actually they did call and inquired many times but were only told to be patient and wait. They did, they never complained openly about it, they dealt with it (he went to visit her again, unplanned) and now they are together and are very real and very happy.

You can read our timeline to see our history. A year ago CSC did the same thing as you are seeing here. No touches until a day before the big approval announcement. You can only be patient. If you don't like the process, then I trust you vote in our elections and only elect candidates the support your views. The alternative is go live in another country or find another spouse. Sorry if this is so cruel but that is the way it is. One needs conviction and backbone and maybe some are not cut out for that.

Oh puleeze spare me. As a taxpayer, US citizen, and fee payor, I have the right to expect equal service. It has nothing to do with backbone, conviction, blah blah blah. I don't expect to be put on the backburner for an indefinite amount of time nor do I need to "find" another spouse because they are putting emphasis elsewhere. IF everyone was processed equally then you would hear no complaints from me BUT to accept someone to be processed in 10 months and another in 2 months yet pay the same fee is unacceptable. Yes, we can only vote people out of office but the bottom line is I have the RIGHT to say what I want. Patience is nice but so is equitable processing. And for the record, I would live in another country for my fiance if it came to that. The question is would you?

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Oh puleeze spare me. As a taxpayer, US citizen, and fee payor, I have the right to expect equal service. It has nothing to do with backbone, conviction, blah blah blah. I don't expect to be put on the backburner for an indefinite amount of time nor do I need to "find" another spouse because they are putting emphasis elsewhere. IF everyone was processed equally then you would hear no complaints from me BUT to accept someone to be processed in 10 months and another in 2 months yet pay the same fee is unacceptable. Yes, we can only vote people out of office but the bottom line is I have the RIGHT to say what I want. Patience is nice but so is equitable processing. And for the record, I would live in another country for my fiance if it came to that. The question is would you?

BURN!!!!!!

Loved this reply!

French-AmericanFlag_medium.jpg

We met in June 2008
We got engaged on 08-06-2010!!!!!
08-30-2010:I-129F Sent
09-03-2010: I-129F NOA1
09-13-2010:Touched
10-03-2010:Touched!! !feels gooood :)
02-24-2011: RFE...grrrrrr
03-18-2011: NOA2 - it took them 6mths 2 wks and 2 days (or 196 days)!!!!
03-??-2011: NVC received
03-29-2011: Petition sent to London
04-05-2011: Embassy received petition
04-09-2011: Packet 3 received
04-11-2011: Packet 3 sent
04-13-2011: Medical
05-12-2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!
07-04-2011: POE
08-05-2011: We're married!
09-14-2011: AOS, EAD and AP forms sent
09-16-2011: Receipts for AOS, EAD and AP forms
11-17-2011: RFE...
12-08-2011: Send evidence back to USCIS...and now we wait
12-23-2011: EAD/AP card sent
12-29-2011: EAD/AP card received :)
12-29-2011: Case transferred to CSC
03-29-2012: AOS approved!
04-05-2012: Green card in hands

03-06-2014: Removal of conditions packet received at VSC...and now the wait starts again!

luh6s78.png

Patience is nice but so is equitable processing.

I'm not going to touch on the previous posts, but I wanted to comment on this. I read a post here about someone saying it "wouldn't be fair" for VSC to wait for CSC to catch up. Which makes me wonder.. what really is fair?

(Hypothetical) If you filed in July, and the other center is approving petitions that were filed in September, but your service center is behind... would you consider it 'fair' for the other service center to pause their petitions until your center catches up? That way, all petitions would be approved 'in the order received.' Right? But we have people saying this 'would not be fair' to wait!

Again, hypothetical, if you filed in July and your service center was months ahead of the other, would you consider it 'fair' to stop and wait? (End hypothetical!) It's food for thought!

The thing is.. in this situation... they are saying they do petitions in the order they got them. Some say it's not fair to wait for those petitions that were filed earlier, and others say it's totally fair to wait. What do you think? ('You' being general here, not aimed at anyone in particular!)

The bottom line for this entire process: Be patient. Your time will come. We all need to kind of deal with it because there are going to be some petitions approved out of order. The ONLY way to survive this process is to be patient and to look at 5 months as a short amount of time in comparison to the rest of your life. I know it's hard. I'm in the same boat. But so many people could stand to look at the positives instead of the negatives. It would make waiting for USCIS A LOT more bearable!!

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Timeline

I'm not going to touch on the previous posts, but I wanted to comment on this. I read a post here about someone saying it "wouldn't be fair" for VSC to wait for CSC to catch up. Which makes me wonder.. what really is fair?

(Hypothetical) If you filed in July, and the other center is approving petitions that were filed in September, but your service center is behind... would you consider it 'fair' for the other service center to pause their petitions until your center catches up? That way, all petitions would be approved 'in the order received.' Right? But we have people saying this 'would not be fair' to wait!

Again, hypothetical, if you filed in July and your service center was months ahead of the other, would you consider it 'fair' to stop and wait? (End hypothetical!) It's food for thought!

The thing is.. in this situation... they are saying they do petitions in the order they got them. Some say it's not fair to wait for those petitions that were filed earlier, and others say it's totally fair to wait. What do you think? ('You' being general here, not aimed at anyone in particular!)

The bottom line for this entire process: Be patient. Your time will come. We all need to kind of deal with it because there are going to be some petitions approved out of order. The ONLY way to survive this process is to be patient and to look at 5 months as a short amount of time in comparison to the rest of your life. I know it's hard. I'm in the same boat. But so many people could stand to look at the positives instead of the negatives. It would make waiting for USCIS A LOT more bearable!!

What you are referring to and what I am referring to are two separate things. You are fairly new so you haven't been following my earlier posts. What I am talking about is not about playing catch up. It's about governmental processes and equity and efficiency from a political and economic standpoint. Thank you but it is inapplicable to my point.

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

What you are referring to and what I am referring to are two separate things. You are fairly new so you haven't been following my earlier posts. What I am talking about is not about playing catch up. It's about governmental processes and equity and efficiency from a political and economic standpoint. Thank you but it is inapplicable to my point.

Please read my post. Notice where I said that it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. It was a general discussion regarding a general topic.

Reading 'equitable processing' reminded me of this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/283640-any-noa2-from-vsc-lately/ where someone said it "wasn't fair" for one center to wait for the other.

Edited by KiwiBird
Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I find it completely inexcusable for our so-called government to be failing us so utterly and totally as they are doing here. There is no reason why they can't get us the NOA2s that we are entitled to in 60 days, except for one: THEY DON"T CARE.

The so-called backlog is just a pathetic excuse for their callous disregard for us and our well being. I don't buy such ridiculous lies from anybody, government or otherwise.

The government says they have to be careful so they don't let terrorists into our country. And after the shoe bomber, the underwear bomber, the Times Square bomber, the Oregon Christmas tree bomber and all of the September 11 terrorists, we can see that their "system" is working very well.

So keep up the good work there in Washington D.C!!

And Merry Christmas to all of the bureaucrats who get to enjoy it with their wives while they force us to be us separated from ours.

Timeline

there is no way to make anything fair in life, especially where money or government is involved. if it was fair then maybe they'd have a way to focus on couples that are actually in love and not waste time on mail order brides for 50 something year old guys who can't find anyone in this country because they are so distateful as human beings, and yet you meet those couples all the time in real life, online, heck on the arms of government officals sometimes, lol.

if it was fair then the centers would co-ordinate their efforts to make sure that it's actually processed in order instead of having one be up to two months ahead of another.

if it was fair then the citizens of this country would be given precedence over helping out other countries (sorry, just saying)

life isn't fair, and that sucks, but they do say 5 months, and it's been over that for her, so she has a right to complain about it.

at least she's not one that is spazzing out and harassing her governor after 3 months of waiting, she has a legitimate right to be upset.

I find it completely inexcusable for our so-called government to be failing us so utterly and totally as they are doing here. There is no reason why they can't get us the NOA2s that we are entitled to in 60 days, except for one: THEY DON"T CARE.

just curious as to why you think we are entitled to them within 60 days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.