AT20000

K1 AOS Gender examination????

44 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been extremely shocked to hear among immigrant community, that there might be a physical gender examination prior to get the green card.... Since this is a very degrading humiliating procedure (it is a whole worldwide big deal when it goes to that kind of procedure regarding feminine athletes, I guess it is not less degrading for average people)I guess I need some more information before taking action...

In addition, having a natural child immigrating with me (an after several years of medical studies), I do not want to be gross but I have a problem in figuring out HOW me, as a male, could POSSIBLY have been delivering a baby....?!?

Is it a legend or is it TRUE? And if it is true does anybody ever objected on here and got proved right?

Thanks

Edited by AgnesT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My medical for my Cr-1 visa was really simple and really not a big deal. I wore a little paper dress which was totally stunning. The doctor said "lay on your back, I need to take a peek". She lifted up the paper dress and said "female, confirmed" and we laughed.

Degrading? Humiliating? It was funny. It was so not a big deal and if I objected, it would have turned a simple, non-event into a huge deal. That being said, even for Canadians, what happened to me was not the norm

Just relax. There is no internal examination.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

My medical for my Cr-1 visa was really simple and really not a big deal. I wore a little paper dress which was totally stunning. The doctor said "lay on your back, I need to take a peek". She lifted up the paper dress and said "female, confirmed" and we laughed.

Degrading? Humiliating? It was funny. It was so not a big deal and if I objected, it would have turned a simple, non-event into a huge deal. That being said, even for Canadians, what happened to me was not the norm

Just relax. There is no internal examination.

Good luck

Well, let's be clear this in NOT gonna happen to me! They can check my DNA if they want (which is the ONLY way to be sure) but I do not find this kind of behavior funny AT ALL this is shocking. In addition on a strict medical point of view "a peek" have never proved a patient to be truly a female (I guess that due to my medical occupation I can say that I know what I am talking about). Do they ask that to American Women before they marry? I doubt, otherwise they would be suffocating under a pile of lawyers summons. Do they do that to manly guys they receive? neither. So what is not acceptable for their women is not acceptable for me neither.

Any other nightmares of that type?

It is a full physical exam of the body, not just for gender. And as you are a member of the medical field I assume you know that sexual organs are a part of the body. I heard both females and males are checked.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Well, let's be clear this in NOT gonna happen to me! They can check my DNA if they want (which is the ONLY way to be sure) but I do not find this kind of behavior funny AT ALL this is shocking. In addition on a strict medical point of view "a peek" have never proved a patient to be truly a female (I guess that due to my medical occupation I can say that I know what I am talking about). Do they ask that to American Women before they marry? I doubt, otherwise they would be suffocating under a pile of lawyers summons. Do they do that to manly guys they receive? neither. So what is not acceptable for their women is not acceptable for me neither.

NOT gonna happen to me!

You won't be immigrating then.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

I won't take it too personal. Its a medical examination. I remember when I was in labor and felt how the heck am I going to do this...guess what I was glad that the all of the clinical staff wanted to "peek" as it avoided me giving birth in the hospital's corridor. Unfortunately, 9/11 have made us eveolved into the age of the USA Homeland Security and considering that they have to make sure they know who is entering the country, why not. It does'nt bother me at all.

December '09 - Met via Facebook

~ Fell in love just a few months thereafter

7/18/2010 - I flew to Trinidad and met for the first time

~ Spent two weeks, one of which was in Tobago

9/9/2010 - Mailed I-129F to Texas via Express mail

9/15/2010 - NOA1 Date

4/4/2011 - NOA2 Date

4/12/2011 - NVC received

4/25/2011 - NVC sent via DHL to consulate

5/2/2011 - Packet mailed

7/25/2011 - Visa approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

All immigrants K1, Cr1 DV lottery get a physical exam. If you are really a member of the medical professions you would know it is about as exciting as cleaning a toilet to the doctor giving hundreds of these exams a month. It is the price you pay for the privilege of coming to live in the US. If you want to refuse the exam I guess France is a nice enough place to live. You should inform your fiance before he wastes any more money and time thinking you are coming to the US though so he can spend that money moving to France.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You are going to have a medical exam. They are going to look at your genitals. Your gentials are part of your body and it is an exam of your body.

If you do not comply with the requirements of the visa, no visa is issued.

FWIW the "gender question" is more an issue for high fraud countries, France is not one, neither is Canada. I suspect the Canadian comment was made in jest as it is simply nothing more than a box to be checked for the examining doctor. In high fraud countries they may well do a DNA test, in addition.

There is no point in arguing that a "peek" is not sufficent, since sufficiency is subjective in all levels of this process. The doctor and the consulate must be "satisfied" that you are not circumventing the immigration laws by posing as a fiancee of a US citizen (man or woman) If a "peek" satisfies in France or Canada, then so be it. Maybe big hoop earrings will satisfy in France...who knows? I would wear big earrings just in case. I think high heels satisfies the requirement in Ukraine.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Actually, in Ireland two years ago, I did not have an intimate examination of "downstairs", but he did look at my c-section scar (I had given birth 4 months prior), and feel breasts for lumps, so I guess that was enough- maybe he could feel the milk in there so knew I was female!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I don't get what medical this is about. According to the OP's timeline, she already went to the interview at the embassy and should have had the medical prior to the interview. Or she decided not to do it in France and do the medical in the US but then I don't see how it would be different. I did the medical (to get the K-1) in France and I don't remember any gender test. Maybe it was my 3 days old beard.

My main question reading this topic is : is there another medical to go through in the US even if one was completed before getting the visa? (FYI the medical I already did said "complete"). I read that as long as the AOS was done within 1 year of the previous medical, no new medical was needed

Other than that, my personal doctor does a check on my genital on a regular basis and I don't think it's shocking.

Good luck on your journey

Bruno

K-1 2010 / 04 / 02 - I-129F sent
K-1 2010 / 08 / 18 - Interview at embassy in Paris, France
AOS 2011 / 01 / 15 - AOS package sent
AOS 2011 / 04 / 14 - Interview

ROC 2013 / 02 / 04 - ROC package sent
ROC 2013 / 07 / 27 - New GC received

CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 03 / 17 - N-400 package sent
CITIZENSHIP 2014 / 08 / 27 - Oath ceremony

--- THE END ---

If you come over on a K1 visa and file for your AOS within one year of your K1 medical exam, you don't have to retake the medical. If the OP has already had their K1 medical and are filing their AOS within the year of their original medical exam, then they're griping for nothing.

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea the OPs timeline says they had the interview already but arent approved? Do they not have to give the medical exam to be approved?

I was told at my medical if they didnt have it at my interview or after the interview then there will be NO approval and no Visa.

Edit ( not that i wasnt going to give it to them, they said they make sure to tell all the people that pass through that medical center on K-1. )

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

No offense intended, but what's the big deal? Would you never go to a proctologist or let your daughter go to a gynecologist for the same reason? They're just body parts being examined by doctors. I'm sure you can get through it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

When I had my medical, there was an examination of private parts as well. I had no idea that it was to check whether I was female or whether it was a part of the deal with a full physical. I have had pap smears done before and it was no big deal. Uncomfortable, sure. But it was barely fifteen seconds and then it was done.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I did not read the entire thread... but given that there is alot of immigration fraud and dare i say.. in the height of terrorism threats these days... the US want to be absolutely sure that they are granting status to a legitimate applicant. It may sound ridiculous but in this day and age, anything is possible. What if a male terrorist disguised themselves as female in order to gain entry into the US? This is just one possible scenario and homeland security need to cover all of their bases. This is part of the application procedure so.. get over it! It's a routine procedure.

07-2006 Met my sweetheart!!!

01-25-10 Entered the USA on student visa

05-28-10 Married!!!! <3

06-16-10 I693 Medical prepared and sealed

07-14-10 AOS Packet couriered to Chicago

07-16-10 AOS Packet received! Signed by S. Bush :)

07-23-10 CHECK$ CA$HED!!!!! So happy to see money leave my bank account!!!!

07-24-10 NOA received in the mail for AOS/EAD and hubby received AP for me :)

07-26-10 TOUCHED!!!

08-06-10 EAD & Alien Petition TOUCHED!!!

08-24-10 Service request submitted for Biometrics Letter.. waiting, waiting...

09-01-10 2nd service request call put in - Dallas ASC backed up and everything is on hold! :(

09-03-10 Infopass appointment set for September 17th

09-03-10 EAD TOUCHED!!! I might not need my Infopass appt. after all!

09-07-10 Another touch for EAD

09-08-10 EAD TOUCH again! woo hoo!

09-17-10 InfoPas appt @9am. EAD APPROVED on Sept 2.. but still waiting for biometrics

09-20-10 3rd service request to USCIS, escalated to IO. still no bio appt

09-28-10 AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

09-29-10 4th service request to USCIS, useless convo with IO

09-30-10 AP received and signed by USCIS, J.Chyba

10-04-10 Another useless convo with IO

10-06-10 Letter sent to Congressman

10-10-10 Letter sent to Senator

10-11-10 AP Touch

10-13-10 Email received, AP approved :)

10-15-10 Useless SECOND Infopass appt. and useless AP without biometrics

10-16-10 I-512L AP Doc arrived in the mail

10-18-10 Another USELESS call to USCIS

10-19-10 Got my biometrics appt for Nov 3rd!!! early walk in complete 10-20 *SEE ABOUT ME PAGE FOR MORE TIMELINE INFO!*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.