KandK

AOS interview did not go smoothly at all

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

so here is the story. today was the interview for my wife and I. she is the applicant seeking the AOS.

the officer interviewing us was not nice at all, and brought up some issues regarding my wife overstaying her visa, and then got stuck on something else, saying that I did not live with my wife. the thing is, I moved out of my parents' house and got an apartment with my wife a month before we got married in November. however, I did not send notice to everywhere saying that I changed my address, instead choosing to have most of my mail to still be sent to my parents' house. I even filed a joint tax return with my wife, with my parents' address on the return.

so the officer the whole time gets hung up on this. meanwhile, my wife is very adamant with the officer that I lived with her, and doing most of the talking while I sat there not saying much (like a moron, I was drawing blanks for some reason and found it hard to think of something to say). he asked me a few questions about my wife, like her middle name, which I answered right away.

however, at the end, he still was hell bent on insisting that I did not live at my current address with my wife, which I do. I have some joint mail sent there, and car insurance, things like that. he also took a few things to keep, including a photo from our picture album, and some things like pay stubs. he then says that he will be sending a letter requesting evidence, which I should receive within 2 weeks.

my question is, are we screwed now? will it be rejected? will I be called in for another interview? what happens after I send in the requested evidence?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moved from "Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from Family Based Visas" to "Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas" as you are adjusting from a visa other than a K1, K2, K3 & K4 which the prior forum is for**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

addresses are important.

did you change yer address with the DMV after moving in to the new place ? If so - that'd be the 'big paper trail' to give as 'that evidence'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

that's the problem, the DMV is one of the places where I didn't change my address, considering the hassle I'd have to go through when I need to move again. I didn't plan on staying at my current apartment long, is the reason why I decided not to go change all my addresses.

in addition, I believe NY is one of the states where they do not make home visits, if I read somewhere correctly. I wish they did though, because that's all they'd need to do to see I actually live here.

Timeline

FWIW - NYC is one of those places with a substantial STOKES INTERVIEW UNIT. Not trying ta scare ya, but if you missed out on the STOKES INTERVIEW, yer verra lucky!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

since I have been worried sick since this happened, I have continually checked the status online at the USCIS web site. well this morning, I recieved an email saying this.

"On July 14, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

can this be a mistake? or does this definitely mean it's been approved?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

since I have been worried sick since this happened, I have continually checked the status online at the USCIS web site. well this morning, I recieved an email saying this.

"On July 14, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

can this be a mistake? or does this definitely mean it's been approved?

It means what it says.... a card production order cannot be issued unless the case file has completed as approved

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline

wow !

read it twice.

then print it out in 110 point-size type, staple it to the back of your outside door.

read it again.

it says what it means, and means what it says !

keep reading it each time before you leave your house !

it's the 'End Game' -

Guess What ?

You Won !

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Yay ! approval !!

This is the best news, EVER !!!

To Celebrate - PLEASE FILL OUT YER TIMELINE AT http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=78493

Helps those coming up behind you, always.

Timeline

so I take it that no one has ever experienced, or seen a situation where this might be a mistake? despite the status change on the USCIS web site, I'm still a bit worried that it could be some kind of mistake. we will see. thanks for the congratulations and good wishes though, guys.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

hold on, hold on:

Is it for your I-485 or I-765?

You get the same status update for both - the EAD (if you filed for it) and the GC.

Double check which case the update is for....

Just saying.

I got the same one on July 14 for my GC.

Hope you have the same one, but just check again.

Congrats in advance :)

Edited by MilitaryWife2010

April 8, 2010 I-130, I-485, I-765 package sent

April 11, 2010 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox (Sunday)

April 21, 2010 3 NOA's received (but mailed out on April 16th)

April 23, 2010 Biometrics appointment notice received for May 11, 2010

April 26, 2010 Walk-in Biometrics done

April 27, 2010 I-485 and I-765 touched

April 30, 2010 I-765 and I-130 touched

May 3, 2010 I-765 and I-130 touched

May 13, 2010 Received AOS interview letter for June 15, 2010

June 15, 2010 Interview. Kept me in for 50 minutes. Asked for addt'l proof (print out of my hubby's direct deposit account

June 25, 2010 Received my proof. No action. No touches. Nothing.

Freaked out.

July 12 Made Info-Pass. They couldn't find my file, then when they did, they told me it had been transferred to the military unit, and they didn't understand why I mailed them my hubby's direct deposit account, so they didn't update anything. They guy at the military unit asked me a few questions, and told me he would make his decision within 2 days.

July 14, 2010 @ 8.02am Email and Text from USCIS "Card Production Ordered".

Finally.

cbGSm7.png

Timeline

yup - there's that - totally forgot -

check the NOA-1 receipt #'s - should match up on the email that you received, on either EAD or GC - both #'s are different.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.