USA Joe

How do you report K1 fraud?

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

Ok here's the situation. I love my sister who is married to a SOB jackass. 5 years ago that sob went to thailand/laos to so-call visit his homeland by himself.

last summer, after suspecting he was met someone oversea and was maintaining a relationship, my sister confronted him. he admitted to it. well, instead of leaving that SOB, my sister agreed to not only allow him to continue.....

but also, she agree to secretly let him have that woman as a second wife! in fact, they filed for divorce in july 2009 so he can be free to petition for that woman to come, marry him, and have them all live together!!!

whether i approve of this polygamy relationship (which obviously I DONT) i know this is k-1 fraud.

that SOB and my sister are still living in same house with their 5 kids and 3 grandkids. SOB is in his 50 and my sister is pushing 40.

and yes myself and my family have confronted them both. the SOB wont care to reconsider. and my sister is somehow so stuck on him she will follow along. ugh. she wont budge.

so. here i am. asking how i can report that SOB so immigration can do a more detail investigation on his situation.

thanks for response.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, this sounds like a very difficult and challenging situation. Lots of family dynamic. Good Luck and to report it (should you decide to to so) you can call the USCIS enforcement division at 1-866-DHS-2-ICE

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

What does your sister think of you getting involved?

8/2/2021:  Mailed N-400

8/4/2021: N-400 received

8/6/2021:  Biometrics to be reused
3/15/2022:  Interview (successful)

Timeline

well she knows i love her. and i dont support her stupid decision. and should this be allowed to proceed she knows i will not recognize SOB as a family member.

she will never know i reported this.

basically, i want to have immigration check it out. if they deem it fraud, COOL. let them deal with it.

if they allow it. eh. i've done my duty.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Wow that is a tough situation :(

your sister could also be in trouble if they deem this fraud.

Hope you make the right decision. Good luck to you!

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Contact ICE. Number's at the bottom of the page.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ya what her opp , if she want to do something about it let her do it her self , sorry

06-15-2008 : my fiancee first visit to me ( stayed 3 weeks ) .

06-23-2009 : my fiancee secound visit me in Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ).

06-28-2009 : ENGAGED

10-29-2009 : I-129F Sent

01-27-2010 : my fiancee 3rd visit to Egypt ( stayed 6 weeks ) .

02-09-2010 : travel with my fiancee to turkey in a vacation (5 days)

05-25-2010 : my fiancee 4th visit to ( stayed 2 months ) .

06-03-2010 :Interview Date .

Interview Result : approved ( ya right ! )

07-01-2010 : we got a letter had my passport and over the visa stamp says ( canceled without prejudice )!!

06-29-2010 : case sent back to usa !!!

07-07-2010 : MARRIED

01-12-2011 : the letter state the k1 case is expired , and ther was no prob to file back for any kind of visa

04-25-2011 : my wife here now visiting me in egypt for 2 and half mounth yayyyyyyyyyyyy

05-18-2011 : travel with my wife to malaysia in a 1 week vaction

06-14-2011 : register our marraige papers in cairo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAocm7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

well she knows i love her. and i dont support her stupid decision. and should this be allowed to proceed she knows i will not recognize SOB as a family member.

she will never know i reported this.

basically, i want to have immigration check it out. if they deem it fraud, COOL. let them deal with it.

if they allow it. eh. i've done my duty.

Believe it or not I have heard of similar situations, and having lived and worked in Asia extensively, I am well aware of the cultural things with 'second wives/long term mistresses' I have seen this in Thailand, Japan and Korea, it seems that many women would rather deal with this indignity, then be alone. I am sure this even happens in the US, though I have never seen. I would certainly consider the ramifications to your sisters kids and grand-kids if her 'husband' has legal issues, etc. Its a tough call. I would not worry to much about reporting it USCIS, I think they are quite good at ferreting out these cases. Its cases like this that cause us legitimate folks to be grilled, RFE'd and have to wait forever to bring our spouses/family to our country to be with us.

Again a tough call, good luck, it sounds like your family has a lot riding on your decisions.

Edited by idaho_and_surigao

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Timeline

ya what her opp , if she want to do something about it let her do it her self , sorry

normally i would agree that is her option. but there's a thing call LEGALITY which you kind of looked over.

key point here is, situation looks fraudulent. all i'm saying is i want to report it, and leave it to immigration to investigate. they will most likely deny it. i dont see how my sister can be held accountable for his action. its not like she wanted that fool to go marry another woman.

whatever happens, my sister is the loser. however myself and our family will be there to help her. money/babysitting/whatever.

i already know if that SOB is allowed to successfully petition a 2nd wife, my sister will soon be forgotten by him. so sister is just delaying the inevitable lost. and by then, SOB will have everything.

i cant stand by and let SOB gain so much.... especially by illegal fraudulent means :S

thanks all for your responses. i havent decided what i should do. some prayer and meditations will answer that.

How is this fraud? You said they have divorced and he is currently free to marry. If he petitions for this new woman and plans to marry her and live with her as his wife, I don't see the fraud. Because they will have the ex-wife living with them and part of the relationship does not make the new petition fraudulent. While the situation may be morally questionable, it doesn't constitute fraud.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

mechanics (only)

1. need his name, usa passport #

2. letter to Fraud Prevention Unit at US Embassy in his 'homeland'

3. letter to ICE

4. letter to national USCIS office

letter must contain as much detail as possible, with names, dates, living situation, travel logs, etc.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

How is this fraud? You said they have divorced and he is currently free to marry. If he petitions for this new woman and plans to marry her and live with her as his wife, I don't see the fraud. Because they will have the ex-wife living with them and part of the relationship does not make the new petition fraudulent. While the situation may be morally questionable, it doesn't constitute fraud.

Thats the way I see it too, I don't think this case can be considered fraud.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I dont know to much about this but here , one actress was involve in a K1 fraud . . and she and the guy can go to the jail at less 5 years if they find them guilty . .

If you do this , you must to know that maybe your sister can go to the jail . . honestly is better if you try for all the ways to talk with your sister . . sometimes we dont want to open our eyes to the reality . . if u already talk to her . . not to much you can do . .

Just let her know if she wan to show that to her kids . .

Be strong! n____n

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree it doesn't sound like fraud to me. They had probably been married long enough for him to naturalize, or he wouldn't be able to petition another woman without waiting several years- either way, they have divorced, and he's free to marry or live with whomever he chooses. Sure it's a weird situation and probably not a great environment for kids to be in, but they're both grown adults and there's nothing legally wrong with what they're doing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You mention grand kids so I am kind of assuming they have been married for a number of years (at least 4 from the info in the post). Sometimes marriages fall apart after time but this is not fraud. If he had been caught with another woman say during the K-1 process or there were problems early on in the relationship then you might be able to call it fraud but too much time has passed and the relationship went on for too long, I mean come on 5 kids and three grand kids how are you going to say that at some time there was not a real relationship?

I think (soapbox time) you are looking at a co-dependent and/or abusive relationship in regards to your sister and instead of seeing it as it is you simply want to lash out and attack the man (not to say he is not at fault). What I would suggest is that you gently suggest to sis that maybe she needs to talk to someone about her decisions and the affect they will have on the entire family. I mean Dad living with Mom and his new wife all in the same house is going to be a bit confusing.

Your sister is an adult, support her as best you can and be there if she needs you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.