Amit-N-Melody

Why are ppl so hateful?

117 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

It's hard to be a chocoholic in the US (seriously people, do you HAVE taste buds??) which is why I'm super-dooper excited for my latest pressie from mum enclosing Aussie chocolate and lollies (read: candy). I'm a sugarholic ... esp Allens red frogs, Cadbury top deck... num num num..

I really do need to quit... the US is a good way to shock my system into stop eating sugar... high fructose corn syrup??? you have to be kidding :S

It helps to know where your local British Goods shop is located, so. that Mr.Cadbury can still receive your weekly/monthly subscription. :P

Mind you, the problem with American "Cadbury's" chocolate (i.e. Hershey's in a Cadbury's wrapper) may be going away now that Kraft Foods have bought out Cadbury. Here's hoping the American version changes and not the British version. :unsure:

Failing that, for some reason Wal Mart sells big bars of Toblerone all year round, which is uncharacteristically cooperative of them. :)

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

People are not hateful. People here are not very patient because they are really waiting and for example like me I thought I should loose my mind.

Anette

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

It's hard to be a chocoholic in the US (seriously people, do you HAVE taste buds??)

Slacker. You need to find the ethnic Indian grocery stores - they have all 'the right' chocolate, not so moldy, either !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

oOo Lordy, Toblerone. I want!

Hateful? What? Come on now, grow a thicker skin!

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I don't mind seeing the "hateful" conversations in OT because to be honest I come here when I'm bored and need a good fight to watch. Usually consisting of Booyah going on about Australia and how great it is compared to the rest of the known universe, and the far right-wingers being annoyed at life happening. Ahhh... :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for pointing those out Darnell. Its not just about growing thick skin sometimes people are very well aware of their malice comments.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

white toblerone for the win. I like to buy chocolate from the German aisle. Milka nomnomnom 1_Milka_300g_gross.jpg

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It helps to know where your local British Goods shop is located, so. that Mr.Cadbury can still receive your weekly/monthly subscription. :P

Mind you, the problem with American "Cadbury's" chocolate (i.e. Hershey's in a Cadbury's wrapper) may be going away now that Kraft Foods have bought out Cadbury. Here's hoping the American version changes and not the British version. :unsure:

Failing that, for some reason Wal Mart sells big bars of Toblerone all year round, which is uncharacteristically cooperative of them. :)

Ohhh no no no. British cadbury is AWFUL. oh it's disgusting. Better than Hershey's but not by much. I remember getting back from travelling Europe and assuming (yeah yeah, ####, u, me) that cadbury was the same in the UK so I bought some freddo's. OMG i couldn't finish it. It was very disappointing and disgusting. No offense of course, just nothing like the Aussie version.

So here I sit today with lots and lots of Aussie chocolate c/o my mum :D num num num :D

I do agree though... mmmmmmm toblerone..