Jad28

Any kind of help, plz i-485 Denied -signed deportation document

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My questions are: did you wife attend with you and Did you have a translator present?

The basis behind my first qn about whether your wife went with you is because you said "I went to my interview", no mention of her, and also because I understand that the spouse not being present tends to mean denial as well.

Also, about the translator, personally I find your posts difficult to read as your English is so stilted. This isn't meant to be offensive, just a query. They ask that you bring a translator with you even if your spouse is present if your English isn't the best, and honestly from your posts, again no offence, you definitely should have taken a translator.

I hope you've found a lawyer to help you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - any news?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hello , everybody it is a wonderful night to talk to you people , but not for me , anyway my story is ; After the DHS i mean the adjucator has decided that the mariage is not a bonafield mge and it is not true , because our love is more bigger that anything , but because i cant take it anymore and the pressure , i signed my own deportation because i dont have money to pay my trip ,it is different fron a vuluntary departure i know ,i mean i signed my own fate , but i dont regret it , it is a good thing for us i mean for me and my wife ,and our love ll shine forever in my heart ,

my question is , how much time you have before you get deported ? soon i hope it is 16 days now after i singed the deportation and i didnt receive any letter , do i have to receive a denial letter before or no , plz anyhelp , i am sick and depressed and frustrated

thanks a lot

and my best wish t all of you

hello , everybody it is a wonderful night to talk to you people , but not for me , anyway my story is ; After the DHS i mean the adjucator has decided that the mariage is not a bonafield mge and it is not true , because our love is more bigger that anything , but because i cant take it anymore and the pressure , i signed my own deportation because i dont have money to pay my trip ,it is different fron a vuluntary departure i know ,i mean i signed my own fate , but i dont regret it , it is a good thing for us i mean for me and my wife ,and our love ll shine forever in my heart ,

my question is , how much time you have before you get deported ? soon i hope it is 16 days now after i singed the deportation and i didnt receive any letter , do i have to receive a denial letter before or no , plz anyhelp , i am sick and depressed and frustrated

thanks a lot

You can always contact your embassy/consulate and request help in returning home, you do not have to wait for the deportation notice to leave.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

thanks a lot

You can call your embassy and ask their help for you to go home...I feel bad about your situation though, but I think you made the right decision in signing it...Think positive, it's not about staying here but rather your happiness deep inside...God will give you another chance at the right time, person, and place...

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I came across this topic because I have a Pakistan friend in almost the same situation..

He went to the interview and didn't pass.. he is an amazing guy and his wife is a beautiful person. They are crazy in love and every person around them can probe it.

He was interviewed by a IO from Lebanon. They have they issues back home between countries... I paid attention to this because is the second case I see they select an IO from a similar country or something like that. I believe because someone from similar language or behavior can "read" your body language and face in a better way and IO are prepared for that too.

My friend is very very shy...and I heard sometimes IO scares you a little. His older brother has business in here and is a Citizen. My friend help his brother and he never brake any law :) And I say this as he never work out of status, he never drove a car after his driver license expired, never got into any trouble. His wife is my friend as well... lovely girl. She is the citizen. She has two girls from other marriage and my friend loves them to dead.

He got a letter a few days ago after almost 9 months of the interview. They gave him a chance to appeal. He needs to do EVERYTHING AGAIN... his lawyer is working on it now... he has to pay everything again... and so on.

Interview:

They got him in alone, then his wife, then him, then his wife... and like that for 4 and a half hours.

They got wrong three questions out of around 30 and they denied his case. Didn't ask him to sign anything but the IO told him straight "You wanted to cheat the system, this marriage is not real"

OMG!! I have my interview on July 8.. I am scared now after I saw his case... he is moooore than married and for almost two years now... and they have a beautiful family together with his wife. I don't know how a IO can have the power to determine who is married and who is not.

I understand Jad and his case...It really can happen. About the pictures.. it is ok.. I met my husband 4 years ago and I have one pic from 2006 one for 2007... My hard drive collapsed and I lost everything from that time. I do have from 2008, 2009 and 2010. The only probe I have is I had very short hair in that time and and now is very very long... after that I have no probe at all that we are together for 4 years.

You never know whet IO's can go after. And I still can believe they told my friend his marriage was not real :(

One thing... Jad you came on a K-1... did you marry your K-1 petitioner or someone else? Just to know... that would make a difficult case. Because K-1 most of the time get GC with no interview... when they suspect anything they call interview... so there was something in your case that made them do it and then they just pushed straight to it.

I thing your lawyer didn't do a good job... first thing they tell you is "Do not sign anything"

My prays and compassion are with you and your wife my Dear...

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

hi everybody ,i Would like to know and i ll appreciate any kind of help. My green card Was denied And unfortunatly because i was feeling so stressed out with the adjucators comments , i signed my deportation, the problem i didnt know exactly what im doing coz my english is not perfect ,i didnt understand what was going on during the interview , i did a big mistake and now my wife and i are suffering so much , my question is plz , how can i make an appeal ? plz any kind of help or advices are appreciated thank you so much and good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

answer is simple... you NEED an attorney.... seek competent legal counsel ASAP

YMMV

Mods. You may want to move this to Adjustment of Status, looks like this was a I-485 denial.

In any case, you definitely need to hire an attorney that's for sure. You definitely will want to tell

them you signed it out of duress and you were not exactly sure what you were signing. Attorney!

"It is Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" - Some smart dude

-------------------------------------------------

K Visa Timeline

-------------------------------------------------

Visa Journey

3/20/2008: I-129F Sent

8/6/2008: Approval Notice

10/14/2008: VISA Approved!

10/24/2008: POE

--- AOS ---

4/14/2009 - Interview with USCIS... APPROVED! Day 92 since receipt of USCIS AOS

-- I-751 Waiver Application ---

1/18/2011 - I-751 Waiver Application mailing to cSC

3/23/2011 - I-751 Divorce Waiver Approved - 10 Year Card in the mail!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi everybody ,i Would like to know and i ll appreciate any kind of help. My green card Was denied And unfortunatly because i was feeling so stressed out with the adjucators comments , i signed my deportation, the problem i didnt know exactly what im doing coz my english is not perfect ,i didnt understand what was going on during the interview , i did a big mistake and now my wife and i are suffering so much , my question is plz , how can i make an appeal ? plz any kind of help or advices are appreciated thank you so much and good luck

You signed your deportation? Take all the documentation you have a seek an attorney ASAP. There is really nothing we can do here to help you if you signed your deportation. You will need an attorney as quickly as you can.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thread moved from Removal of Conditions forum to AOS from Family Visa forum as it relates to a denial of an I-485 from a K-1 status

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.