70 posts in this topic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tasha,

Nice name chic!!! I'm a 30 something gal with kiddos so I don't fit in your category but if ya ever need anything I'm here for ya! What about starting some kind of yahoo group? Good luck with your journey and I hope you connect with some great people!

Tasha

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hubby and I are in our mid 20's, we have been married 3+ years and had our first baby (first for both of us) last april. Maybe we can start a yahoo group or something :)

and who says we dont wanna discuss binge drinking :) lol havent done that since my college days, but, hubby and i do enjoy going out from time to time :) (i know were so bad)

annie, maybe i shouldnt admit this but each and everytime i went to jordan it was funded by my daddy..I was only 20!! the last time I went it was actualy his decision and he said, go to jordan, and dont come home unles sofyan comes with you, and not to worry about money. I had a biweekly allowance western unioned to me...I LOVE MY DAD

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Okay...Okay...I'm kicking myself out of MENA. I can tell when I'm not wanted!! How do I get this thread killed? I'll mosey on over to the off topic thread and look around there. Thanks for the idea to go to Facebook StarDragon I would never have thought of that. I hope you guys don't black ball me because of one measly thread...i know better for next time! have a good night ladies!

the thread can always be moved to off topic if you ask.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hey MENA,

Now let me say before you(30+crowd) get all huffy and send mean replies. I came to VisaJourney to find people who were experiencing things similar to what I am experiencing/soon to experience and I have found that in truckloads. Now I just want to take it one step further and find some folks who are also close to my age group. So this is a shout out for all the 20-somethings. I'd love to hear from you...about college, grad school, asking your parents to buy you plane tickets...anything that we can connect on because of our age (similar life experiences) besides the visa process. You older folks are great...Fine Wines if you ask me and I appreciate all of your advice and support and I will continue to ask for it. But other than thinking your kids are cute...and they all are adorable...I can't relate to wanting or having kids right now...for example. AND do you really want me talking to you about binge drinking and partying a little too hard over the weekend? Well maybe you do... Anyway, don't think I'm trying to exclude anyone...I'm just trying to see who's out there.

Tasha :innocent:

LOL, I wish I would have known about this sooner, but hey, I will not hit the "30-something" crowd until April :dance:

Graduated college in 2001, so that subject is out. My job paid for my plane tickets (I met my love when I was training in India, he was one of my students). He is already 30 (turned in June) so I guess we will soon both be in the other group.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

still in my 20's for another 6 months. I'm going thru a mid life crisis already coz I REFUSE to hit 30.

No alcohol for me. I only have 1 functioning kidney and it is only 70 percent functional so I gotta take it easy. I have a 9 year old son from my previous marriage, haven't gone to college, worked as a certifiec pharmacy technician for the last 10 years, live in Houston, TX and think life sucks here, and created the first ever VJ ME/NA cookbook :)

My parents didn't pay a dime for my trip to Jordan and I was disowned by my extended family when they found out about my husband being an Arab.

Now u're just a google search away from stalking me lmaooooo. I have the most boring life of anybody I know so I doubt I'd be any fun to talk to...but you're welcome to PM me anytime :) :) :) my box is always open.

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Older folks are like fine wine, LOL!

20-something MENA member here. No babies yet.

I understand what you were getting at Tasha, so don't worry about it.

Welcome to VJ!

Oh, and can someone let me know where the binge drinking gathering is at? I'd like to attend.

Edited by Jenn!

Hi from a mid-20-something ^_^ College & grad school - been there & done that. Asking my parents for money - no way, I stopped doing that after I finished high school & started working :lol: So yeah, I was raised as an only child.. my parents were both strict & liberal at the same time which was a little weird. I fought with my parents a lot (mum especially) when I was living at home. So by the time I finished my undergrad I knew I was done and had to get out of there.. so I did... and I moved about 4000 miles away to Japan at the age of 21. I lived & worked there for 2 yrs and that's also where I met my husband. After our contracts in Japan expired he moved back to Australia with me for a year so I could finish grad school and now I'm here in the States with him and it's his turn (he's in his early 30s but our maturity levels are about the same I think). I guess you can say I've had quite a crazy adventure (added to the fact that I grew up in 3 different countries but that's another story). But I'm happy here now and we're ready to get settled, buy a house & start a family (once husband is out of grad school and working again that is)

oh and since I've been away from home my relationship with my parents is a heck of a lot better. I do miss them sometimes but they're only a phone call / video chat away!

Tasha and Abdou - you should share your story too :)

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
(BTW...I can't imagine having to ask my parents for a plane ticket to my SO's country. OMG...they tried everything to convince me not to go!)

I couldn't imagine it either because my mother is poorer than dirt. It was quite a thing for me to see my husband's parents actually giving cash to their children. It was like a culture shock except it had little to do with culture!

Though my mother was not thrilled with the idea of her 21 year old daughter going alone overseas when she has never even been out of the country ever for 7 weeks, she supported it. I was a bad daughter too. I didn't even call or email until 2 weeks after I left. Oblivious. However, most people back home had a very large amount of faith in my ability to take care of myself.

I'm not MENA, but I am in my late 20s.

Oh, and can someone let me know where the binge drinking gathering is at? I'd like to attend.

I dunno about binge drinking, but drinking sounds good. When you have a kid and no after-hours babysitter, that part of life basically goes out the window. Well, and having a full-time day job is also a kind of buzzkill.

I'm looking forward to next week, letting my ILs spend quality time with their only grandchild, if you know what I mean. :innocent::devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We are both under 30, no kids, college (both of us) and grad school (me), first marriage for both of us.

I am one of those who took money from the parents to travel. They just did it while I was in college. We would either travel to them (in Saudi Arabia) or home (to Ghana) whichever we wanted and they would foot the bill for my sisters and I. Now that they realize that I have been working for 2 years I was expected to pay for my trip last July :P

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
oh and since I've been away from home my relationship with my parents is a heck of a lot better. I do miss them sometimes but they're only a phone call / video chat away!

That was also the case for me. I dunno about your parents, but my mother is so much drama. It took a lot of stress out of my life to have her 4500 miles away. I was also always available via IM or Skype, so the lines were open.

Occasionally, my ILs will ask to meet her sometime. I remember the first time FIL asked and I just laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. I'm surprised I didn't go into labor from laughing so much. He was so confused.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm under 25, full time job, 2 kids, and go to grad school part time. I don't really fit into any category because this is my first marriage, I am in the "younger" crowd, am still in school but haven't ever really led the typical college life style. :( I guess you could say I grew up fast.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

^ Good for you!

I've grown apart from my old high school/university friends because I too "grew up fast" and while we still have our old memories that we share, it's hard for me to relate to them now. Oh well.. we're still friends, just not as close.. and I've made new friends now that I can relate to

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Wow! I guess its different now.............when I was a 20 -something like 22 I had my own place, own job, I didnt ask my parents for anything!

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif