Tasha and Abdou

The twenty-something crowd

70 posts in this topic

Wacken - so u are the USC and you moved to Germany? That's awesome.. Whereabouts? Was in Frankfurt a while back and some other places i cant remember the names and had a good time.

Tasha - kids, hmm not yet for me. maybe in 2 years time. i love babies, the smell, the sounds (altho i dunno how i feel if they cry all the time, which i suppose they will).

Mawilson - i dont drink either :jest:

.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Hey MENA,

Now let me say before you(30+crowd) get all huffy and send mean replies. I came to VisaJourney to find people who were experiencing things similar to what I am experiencing/soon to experience and I have found that in truckloads. Now I just want to take it one step further and find some folks who are also close to my age group. So this is a shout out for all the 20-somethings. I'd love to hear from you...about college, grad school, asking your parents to buy you plane tickets...anything that we can connect on because of our age (similar life experiences) besides the visa process. You older folks are great...Fine Wines if you ask me and I appreciate all of your advice and support and I will continue to ask for it. But other than thinking your kids are cute...and they all are adorable...I can't relate to wanting or having kids right now...for example. AND do you really want me talking to you about binge drinking and partying a little too hard over the weekend? Well maybe you do... Anyway, don't think I'm trying to exclude anyone...I'm just trying to see who's out there.

Tasha :innocent:

27 over here (both). We still have a bizillion payments before the house is ours :P I changed majors when I moved here, so college is on the making. We are in between going out and sometimes drinking, to doing the math to see if we are ready or not for a kid :lol:

Fun times. I enjoying it :star:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im sara i will be 22 in feb so im in lol.

i dont drink or smoke (never have) have not gotten married yet do to csc being so bad :whistle: i just received my associate degree in applied science, and now starting on my BA for creative writing :) as for trips to India to see perviz depends on who has the money at the time but my family does help me a lot

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Ok I will be a drunk 20 something tonight...I found the wine stash!

:P

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After my day today, I could stand for a shot or two (or three)!!!

(for good reasons! :star: )

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Caro & Sara - Hello! :)

I have a degree in finance/econs, but never worked in a bank in my life. Enrolled in grad school but dropped off :whistle: when i got so busy with the wedding preparation. Want to go back into learning, another degree or dip in something different.. cooking, sewing, library science, law.. anything fun.. we shall see when i get to the US.. everything been put on hold in my life, not so good!!!

The thing is, we never think about what visa or immigration at all... We wanted to be together so we were just thinking about making plans for wedding, but we did put aside money for relocation. We just figure that I will get tourist visa to visit him after wedding for a while and then come back here while we work out the paperwork. We honestly think it will just take the most, 2 months. When Ryan arrived here for the wedding, we went to the US embassy to get him a notary, and the CO was saying tht it'll be easier to go via fiancee visa rather than spousal one. But we dont want to do that anyways, but we didnt think to ask if its possible to get tourist visa. We found that out only later from a diplomat friend.. :( Anyways, thats why it took us one month plus - 2 months before we even file for the CR1. We were trying to look at other options, him moving here, us moving to a diff country. But we figure its best that he stayed at the company he's working at, esp right now with the economy like this. Plus it'll be good for his resume to have a few years experience on the job. I see the logic why there's this kind of laws, but at the same time im sooo maddddd that we are apart. im sure you all know what i mean...

Amby - Enjoy your wine stash party :dance:

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Now I will tell you some of my interests...and hopefully you guys will share them. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE college football!!!! I don't care where you are from, you all know that the THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS LONGHORNS are the BEST!!!!!

I am a college basketball fan...GO JAYHAWS!

Thats right ....2008 National Champs :dance::dance::dance:

Someone should have warned my husband :unsure: All he has seen is my massive collection of everything KU.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Wacken - so u are the USC and you moved to Germany? That's awesome.. Whereabouts? Was in Frankfurt a while back and some other places i cant remember the names and had a good time.

Yeah. I was going to graduate from uni and had no real reason to stay in the US. It made more sense at the time for me to move to Germany, particularly looking how easy it was for me to get PR to Germany and how difficult it was for my husband to get PR in the US. I lived there for about three years and then we did DCF in Frankfurt for an IR-1.

Frankfurt is a nice place. Though I have seen a good portion of Germany from Nordsee to Bodensee, somehow, I never made it to Munich and was only in Berlin when my bus from Kaunas, LT rolled through it. I spent most of my time there living in the eastern Ruhrgebiet in a town called Witten. If you have no idea where that is, I completely understand. It's not exactly a happening tourist destination. :lol:

Now I will tell you some of my interests...and hopefully you guys will share them. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE college football!!!! I don't care where you are from, you all know that the THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS LONGHORNS are the BEST!!!!!

Someone should have warned my husband :unsure: All he has seen is my massive collection of everything KU.

We'll be in Iowa City, so GO HAWKEYES. hehehe.. Anybody in the area?

Edited by faryan
.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We'll be in Iowa City, so GO HAWKEYES. hehehe.. Anybody in the area?

I went to undergrad at Kansas and grad school at UI. One of my sisters is in dental school there :D I love IC :P

Edited by Zee Bee

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Caro & Sara - Hello! :)

I have a degree in finance/econs, but never worked in a bank in my life. Enrolled in grad school but dropped off :whistle: when i got so busy with the wedding preparation. Want to go back into learning, another degree or dip in something different.. cooking, sewing, library science, law.. anything fun.. we shall see when i get to the US.. everything been put on hold in my life, not so good!!!

The thing is, we never think about what visa or immigration at all... We wanted to be together so we were just thinking about making plans for wedding, but we did put aside money for relocation. We just figure that I will get tourist visa to visit him after wedding for a while and then come back here while we work out the paperwork. We honestly think it will just take the most, 2 months. When Ryan arrived here for the wedding, we went to the US embassy to get him a notary, and the CO was saying tht it'll be easier to go via fiancee visa rather than spousal one. But we dont want to do that anyways, but we didnt think to ask if its possible to get tourist visa. We found that out only later from a diplomat friend.. :( Anyways, thats why it took us one month plus - 2 months before we even file for the CR1. We were trying to look at other options, him moving here, us moving to a diff country. But we figure its best that he stayed at the company he's working at, esp right now with the economy like this. Plus it'll be good for his resume to have a few years experience on the job. I see the logic why there's this kind of laws, but at the same time im sooo maddddd that we are apart. im sure you all know what i mean...

Hi there!!

It will sound weird, but hopefully one day it will make sense: Enjoy this moment too! it's got its flair (for a little bit, at least :P )...missing each other, the endless nights on the phone, figuring out new ways to surprise each other, staying up to see if the other randomly connects to IM at 3 am because you're missing him so much (and then he does, because he couldn't sleep either missing you! :luv:)

Of course, then you get approved and you are reunited and it is awesome, and the next step is better than the previous one, but it all has its excitement and it's worth living it :dance:

Amby - Enjoy your wine stash party :dance:

Amby, red or white?? :lol:

Go Longhorns! we are in Austin!! :dancing:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Caro, u r right.. Must enjoy missing each other right now... :whistle: As it is, we are online with each other every waking hours, even when at work.. And sms and calls. Kinda worried re when finally move in full time with him as it'll be major shock to my system.. hehehe. But i guess cohabitation will do that to most people. and i dont think im that easy to live with :devil:

.png

Hey MENA,

Now let me say before you(30+crowd) get all huffy and send mean replies. I came to VisaJourney to find people who were experiencing things similar to what I am experiencing/soon to experience and I have found that in truckloads. Now I just want to take it one step further and find some folks who are also close to my age group. So this is a shout out for all the 20-somethings. I'd love to hear from you...about college, grad school, asking your parents to buy you plane tickets...anything that we can connect on because of our age (similar life experiences) besides the visa process. You older folks are great...Fine Wines if you ask me and I appreciate all of your advice and support and I will continue to ask for it. But other than thinking your kids are cute...and they all are adorable...I can't relate to wanting or having kids right now...for example. AND do you really want me talking to you about binge drinking and partying a little too hard over the weekend? Well maybe you do... Anyway, don't think I'm trying to exclude anyone...I'm just trying to see who's out there.

Tasha :innocent:

I've bought my own plane tickets since I was 18.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

ZeeBee, thats awesome! i havent been to IC actually, but i love smaller relaxer place so im sure I'll love it there. how nice it is that its a university town, and i found out that the average age there is like 25. do you find IC a multicultural place?

We might want to move to Seattle someday tho. My cousin n family doing her phd in vancouver, Cn and apparently its like 3 hours on a bus to go there. But thats in long term plan/fantasy.. ;)

.png