Tasha and Abdou

The twenty-something crowd

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm 20-something. My days of binge drinking are over, cept last night of course at work's Christmas do! I feel very rough today.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I'm under 25, full time job, 2 kids, and go to grad school part time. I don't really fit into any category because this is my first marriage, I am in the "younger" crowd, am still in school but haven't ever really led the typical college life style. :( I guess you could say I grew up fast.

That is still pretty amazing. I barely hold it together with 1 child and a full-time job. :wacko:

I know what it can be like sometimes. We almost have no friends with kids and they just don't get it that we can't forget everything and go do things with them at the drop of a hat anymore. I think my sister and her fiance are the worst offenders. They try to understand, but I don't think it has totally sunk in yet.

Edited by Wacken

i'm late 20's, no kids, taking a break from work,and living with parents.... :dead: that sounds dreadful! anyways story: i moved around the country growing up coz im an airforce brat... so, since birth we've never stayed at one place more than 4 years.. usually it was like 2 years and then off again. always have to move state and schools, leave old friends, make new ones. one can either grow withdrawn, or go on survival mode coz you always always are the new kid in school, when everyone else knew each other from kindy. ;) altho, luckily my mum was also an elementary school teacher, and we basically went to the same school she's teaching. so i guess our formative years i did have some semblance of stability in the form of my mum. plus we also get to have her at home (coz she teaches 1/2 a day, coz back then teachers dont have that much paperwork and meetings like they do these days - mum still teaching).. ohh when i was 16 i also went to boarding school for 2 years coz i got good results in national exam when we are 15, so thats another crazy thing to get used to, the crazy rules and different dramas of being couped up with people 24-7. (maybe they should do a reality tv thing on boarding school kids). only time i lived away from family was when i was at that boarding school, and a semester in uni, and then i was back in parents' house. we are close, but my mum can drive me nuts also!! :whistle: no moving out until i get married she said. hah.. so what i did was i moved to the philippines a year after graduation, and just told my parents via sms that i was moving AFTER i tender my resignation from my old organization in KL. when i went home that day after work, my mum was throwing a fit, and was saying she forbade me.. :blink: im like, huh? i wasnt asking for permission, just telling you guys and asking for blessings (in malay it doesnt really mean the same, hehe :devil: ). my dad was more laidback about it. most of the time we talk on the phone while i was in PI i'd end up crying coz she always go into this passive aggressive thing... altho i know she actually misses me, being her only daughter. like, i know she's proud of me but its not really our culture to praise the kids u know. and i get pissed off coz i want parents support/understanding re my career choice rather than ridicule, even if its not really ridicule to them. they just understood doctor, accountant, lawyer, engineer. hehehe i went back for a visit every year that 3 years, and then of course i had to come back, so now im stuck here at parents' while waiting to move to my home with hubby. they didnt pay for my flight tickets, but my dad takes care of my car installments when im out of the country :whistle: and he did also put downpayment on it.. hehehe, but its ok coz when i leave for the US, my lil brother will be using it. oh.. my parents also paid for my wedding reception.. :) i (L) my parents. eventho they drive me up the wall sometimes... pls rush NVC!!!!

Edited by faryan
.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husband and I are in our mid-20's, I graduated from college last year. Though I don't binge drink these days I did spend the first few years of my college in such a state.

I run a lot these days (I do lots of 5/8K's and did a half marathon earlier this year) so drinking isn't terribly compatable with that lifestyle LOL. These days it just isn't worth it waking up with a hangover and either running 10 miles in such a state!

But generally yes, we're in the same boat. First marriage for us both, no kids and we're not really interested in kids at this point in our lives.

wtf-picard.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I'm under 25, full time job, 2 kids, and go to grad school part time. I don't really fit into any category because this is my first marriage, I am in the "younger" crowd, am still in school but haven't ever really led the typical college life style. :( I guess you could say I grew up fast.

:luv: Same here...I guess I grew up to fast. We are the same tho...grad school, 2 kids, first marriage, etc....maybe we do have our own category? :P

Hubby and I are in our mid 20's, we have been married 3+ years and had our first baby (first for both of us) last april. Maybe we can start a yahoo group or something :)

and who says we dont wanna discuss binge drinking :) lol havent done that since my college days, but, hubby and i do enjoy going out from time to time :) (i know were so bad)

annie, maybe i shouldnt admit this but each and everytime i went to jordan it was funded by my daddy..I was only 20!! the last time I went it was actualy his decision and he said, go to jordan, and dont come home unles sofyan comes with you, and not to worry about money. I had a biweekly allowance western unioned to me...I LOVE MY DAD

:lol: You loon you! :P

That's okay...that's what Daddy's are for...bailing us out! :devil:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL Hey Tasha LOL......

I completely understand where you are going. I am one of the fairly young ones on here too. I would love to relate to more people, but I feel that they might not think that I can understand them. I cannot relate to having children, yet I would love to someday. Sounds like that whole post applies to me. Like the other gurls said....this might be better in oFF topic. I will go there too.

I'm not knocking any of the older girls. 30 is the new twenty if you ask me. Heck Any age will be the new 20 for me, I am forever young.

Okay...Okay...I'm kicking myself out of MENA. I can tell when I'm not wanted!! How do I get this thread killed? I'll mosey on over to the off topic thread and look around there. Thanks for the idea to go to Facebook StarDragon I would never have thought of that. I hope you guys don't black ball me because of one measly thread...i know better for next time! have a good night ladies!

Casandra and Aziz's Timeline
03/26/07 - Received my first call from Aziz
07/21/07 - 1st trip
12/14/07 - 2nd visit to Morocco
05/20/08 - 3rd visit to Morocco
07/10/08 - Married in Morocco
02/15/09 - 4th trip to Morocco

05/12/12 - 1st trip to Morocco together

CR1 Visa Journey
10/06/08 - Sent I-130 Packet
10/09/08 - Received NOA1
04/24/09 - Approval Notice Sent for I-130
07/13/09 - Informed by NVC Casa consulate busy***wait for September interview
07/27/09 - Received appointment letter from NVC WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09/14/09 - CR1 interview in Casa @ 8:00 am ******APPROVED******
09/15/09 - Visa in Hand
11/07/09 - Travel to US
11/27/09 - Received greencard
ROC
10/21/11 - Sent I-751 package
10/24/11 - USCIS receives the package
10/31/11 - NOA1 received
11/18/11 - Biometrics Interview in JAX
06/27/12 - Approval Notice sent

N-400

09/21/13 - Application filed

09/26/13 - NOA received

10/24/13 - Biometics apt

12/12/13 - Interview date

01/01/14 - Approval notice sent

03/27/14 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
so what i did was i moved to the philippines a year after graduation, and just told my parents via sms that i was moving AFTER i tender my resignation from my old organization in KL. when i went home that day after work, my mum was throwing a fit, and was saying she forbade me.. im like, huh? i wasnt asking for permission, just telling you guys and asking for blessings

Heh. All of my family here was really supportive of me moving 4500 miles away to marry some guy they barely knew in a country they had never been to whose languge they didn't speak.

On the other hand, once my FIL got word that my husband intended to marry me, he also forbid it. It was a spectacular fight that they had and his father didn't speak to him for the longest time. My MIL was more understanding, but neither of them got why I would move there instead of him moving here. Three years later once I could finally and completely describe the whole US immigration process in good German, they figured out that what I did actually made some degree of sense. Three years later! :lol:

As for the forbidding thing, my husband just simply informed him that the superior court in Germany had approved our application to marry and we were doing it with or without them. Well, then FIL changed his tune a bit. Things have gotten a lot better since then the time of our marriage between us. I am actually looking forward to seeing FIL next week. :dance:

Edited by Wacken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you to whoever moved the thread!!! I was feeling a little scared in MENA... :lol:

Okay...so I guess I should clarify a few things...In my original post many of the things I said were extremes to get across one point...I sometimes find it hard to relate to the older crowd. When I started the thread the things I listed weren't really a list of what I wanted to talk about but more of just a list of thing TO talk about...if that makes any sense. Also...I do know that some people who are older do share common experiences with me and can relate to me and vice versa. Those who do, feel free to chat me up...I want to talk to you.

I am currently working full time. I graduated about a year and a half ago. I work a 14/14 rotation offshore as an engineer. So I get drug and alcohol tested a lot. NO imparement offshore allowed. Which means that my tolerance to alcohol has gone WAY down since I graduated and practically anything over 2 alcoholic beverages could qualify as binge drinking for me. I make a pretty good living and I don't have to ask my mom for money. But I know people my age who do and believe me a plane ticket for Christmas would be much appreciated. BUT I'm not gonna ask. I moved out of my mom's house when I was 18 and I haven't been back.

I love kids...I am frequently asked to babysit because for some reason toddlers think that I am a 5 year old trapped in a 20 something body. It doesn't take that much for me to happily get down to their level...anyone else love to color in coloring books? Even so, I can't even imagine having kids. My motto the days is you have them, I'll play with them.

Now I will tell you some of my interests...and hopefully you guys will share them. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE college football!!!! I don't care where you are from, you all know that the THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS LONGHORNS are the BEST!!!!! Wooohooo. Anyone from Oklahoma need not respond :P If I had a better work schedule I would have season tickets to all the games...even the away ones. But unfortunately I can't. I also really like to knit. I am currently planning a baby blanket for my future sister-in-law's baby. She's expecting. I need to ask Abdou when exactly :unsure: Also, I love to read...Anything. I am currently reading books by Sherrilyn Kenyon. They are a quasi-romance kind of book. They are very cool. If they weren't romance-ish I'm sure that guys would eat them up. But I will read anything so if you have any favorites you want to share please do.

Anyway...I'm on my 14 days of work...so I guess I should look like I'm working for a while. Hope to hear from you guys soon!!

Tasha

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

I was 20-something once upon a time, but thankfully I grew out of it. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
I am currently working full time. I graduated about a year and a half ago. I work a 14/14 rotation offshore as an engineer. So I get drug and alcohol tested a lot. NO imparement offshore allowed.

I have been working offshore in the US Gulf of Mexico for 25 years. So I can relate. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Timeline

I'm in my 20s and I don't really drink because I lose $300 shoes on the streets in NYC when I decide to drink. I don't have any responsibilities, I don't work, I go to school, I have no kids, and my life is fun. I just do whatever I want.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.