Tasha and Abdou

The twenty-something crowd

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey MENA,

Now let me say before you(30+crowd) get all huffy and send mean replies. I came to VisaJourney to find people who were experiencing things similar to what I am experiencing/soon to experience and I have found that in truckloads. Now I just want to take it one step further and find some folks who are also close to my age group. So this is a shout out for all the 20-somethings. I'd love to hear from you...about college, grad school, asking your parents to buy you plane tickets...anything that we can connect on because of our age (similar life experiences) besides the visa process. You older folks are great...Fine Wines if you ask me and I appreciate all of your advice and support and I will continue to ask for it. But other than thinking your kids are cute...and they all are adorable...I can't relate to wanting or having kids right now...for example. AND do you really want me talking to you about binge drinking and partying a little too hard over the weekend? Well maybe you do... Anyway, don't think I'm trying to exclude anyone...I'm just trying to see who's out there.

Tasha :innocent:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Where was the 20 something crowd before i turned 30 in august?! :lol:

although i couldnt relate to asking parents for money or binge drinking, i could relate to that when i was 17. :blush:

Good luck.. i think there are a tiny handful of "younger" ppl on the mena forum.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
Okay...so maybe binge drinking isn't the right thing to write. Although i did do that on occasion in college. I'm just looking to talk to someone closer to my age. Who won't roll their eyes when I mention something that they haven't done in 5 years, etc. Maybe starting this thread wasn't such a good idea...and I've only gotten two response so far...LOL

Timeline
Lisa, I think you still count!!!!! ;) 30 is the new 20!

heh thanks...works for me lol

Tasha, you might try it in the off topic forum..not booting you in any way,shape or form...you just might find more "peers" there :)

Edited by Y_habibitk

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The MENA forum may not be the right place for you LOOOL

And I'm not kicking you outta here! I have no children, and am among the younger crowd. I agree with Lisa, and have found that she's one of the very few people in MENA that I can relate to and get along with. Try broadening your search by posting in a general section like the Off Topic area or in the K-1 area. I see you're a K-1'er but you are always welcome to join us in the K-3 section. We have a great time over there and all get along great. We love to joke around and make each other laugh!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't have kids yet, I graduated from grad school not too long ago, I still go out with friends on occasion to bars but I just tipped over the 30 mark, so guess I'm over the hill already :crying: :crying:

But seriously, I made some friends who are near my age and I met them on the May csc thread but we mostly converse in Facebook now.

As others said, MENA might not be the place for the criteria you're looking for. Maybe the K-1 forums or off topic....FYI, Facebook has a Visa Journey group too.

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
I don't have kids yet, I graduated from grad school not too long ago, I still go out with friends on occasion to bars but I just tipped over the 30 mark, so guess I'm over the hill already :crying: :crying:

But seriously, I made some friends who are near my age and I met them on the May csc thread but we mostly converse in Facebook now.

As others said, MENA might not be the place for the criteria you're looking for. Maybe the K-1 forums or off topic....FYI, Facebook has a Visa Journey group too.

we should start a "just turned 30" group :lol:

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yeah. A support group :cry: Actually turning 30 was more painful. 31, 32, meh. No biggie. :P

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

can i join? i will be 30 in a few months time... :whistle:

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lisa -

I don't blame you. I felt much the same way when we first filed for the K-1 as well. Most people at the time were older, had already been married or had children from previous relationships, and were just not at the same point in life we were at. I wish you the best in your journey. (BTW...I can't imagine having to ask my parents for a plane ticket to my SO's country. OMG...they tried everything to convince me not to go!)

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Timeline

I think there are a few of us under 30 left with kids though. I think I speak for Ash, Kelz and few others that are even under 25 that wouldn't dream of asking their parents for some dough. :lol:

I've pretty much been working since Uni and just now had my babies. I love going out with my hubby and our friends (babysitters rock!) but no binge drinkin here. Hehe.

I wish you the best in making new buddies. I'm still available if you wanna chat! Hehe. :D

I think what Star n Lisa suggested about off topic is great. They love 2 joke around there and tons of new friends to be made! Facebook is another place. Don't worry about posting here. It was nice of you 2 reach out!! (F)

Message me if you don't mind me talking about my babies and the parties we go too! :P

Timeline
Okay...Okay...I'm kicking myself out of MENA. I can tell when I'm not wanted!! How do I get this thread killed? I'll mosey on over to the off topic thread and look around there. Thanks for the idea to go to Facebook StarDragon I would never have thought of that. I hope you guys don't black ball me because of one measly thread...i know better for next time! have a good night ladies!