Tasha and Abdou

The twenty-something crowd

70 posts in this topic

Hey MENA,

Now let me say before you(30+crowd) get all huffy and send mean replies. I came to VisaJourney to find people who were experiencing things similar to what I am experiencing/soon to experience and I have found that in truckloads. Now I just want to take it one step further and find some folks who are also close to my age group. So this is a shout out for all the 20-somethings. I'd love to hear from you...about college, grad school, asking your parents to buy you plane tickets...anything that we can connect on because of our age (similar life experiences) besides the visa process. You older folks are great...Fine Wines if you ask me and I appreciate all of your advice and support and I will continue to ask for it. But other than thinking your kids are cute...and they all are adorable...I can't relate to wanting or having kids right now...for example. AND do you really want me talking to you about binge drinking and partying a little too hard over the weekend? Well maybe you do... Anyway, don't think I'm trying to exclude anyone...I'm just trying to see who's out there.

Tasha :innocent:

I've bought my own plane tickets since I was 18.

I think were dealing with some age biggots here!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
Caro, u r right.. Must enjoy missing each other right now... :whistle: As it is, we are online with each other every waking hours, even when at work.. And sms and calls. Kinda worried re when finally move in full time with him as it'll be major shock to my system.. hehehe. But i guess cohabitation will do that to most people. and i dont think im that easy to live with :devil:

Sink or swim. I don't even remember having a cohabitation shock, unless that means you don't leave the bed for the first two days or so after you are reunited. :devil:

For the first 10 months or so of our marriage, we lived in a 19sqm room in a house divided into similarly sized rooms. There was a divorce pool I think, because none of them could imagine living for so long together in such a small space. One couple there actually tried to live together in a larger apartment elsewhere, but failed miserably. Although they loved each other a lot and were still in a relationship, living together just wasn't their thing. They rented two separate rooms next to each other and vowed never to live together again.

I am surprised how easily it went for both of us. I can't even remember being homesick at any point. I think the magic for us was in that we have the same standards for cleanliness. There are almost never arguments about this period. We have the same thoughts about money, children, goals, the major things. The only annoyance is that he is a night owl and I am up at dawn. Tsk.

I hope you are as pleasantly surprised as I was. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
ZeeBee, thats awesome! i havent been to IC actually, but i love smaller relaxer place so im sure I'll love it there. how nice it is that its a university town, and i found out that the average age there is like 25. do you find IC a multicultural place?

We might want to move to Seattle someday tho. My cousin n family doing her phd in vancouver, Cn and apparently its like 3 hours on a bus to go there. But thats in long term plan/fantasy.. ;)

I loved IC. It is very diverse for a small town. They have a lot of multicultural stuff that goes on all around the city. There are also a ton of ethnic stores and restaurants :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Wacken - Ohh i sure hope so too! :devil: we feel like it wont be for long now.*the wait, i mean* we have a 3 bedroom place now which is very empty (we cant afford furniture yet, plus he said he's going to wait for me to choose anyways), so at least if im in my crazy mood, i (or him) have other places to run to. :bonk:

Ryan's arriving on Christmas, then we are off to our yearly family event. This year we are going to the beach, and have go carting also. My family's very boisterous, whereas Ryan's soft spoken and laidback, so it's always interesting to see him adjusting to soo many loud people at the same time.. funny how he and my most quiet cousin always manage to be deep in discussion about computers though.

Zee Bee - I cant wait!! When i get there and if you are in town, we should meet up!

Edited by faryan
.png

Tasha, I will refer to you as Tasha2...lol

anyways this place doesnt always get called upon for help by those only in MENA

you will also see alot of comments from people of various age groups and petitioning from countries from AROUND THE WORLD.

we are happy to have you regardless of our age :P

I myself am in my late 30s with 3 children

my husband is in his late 20s

HOWEVER, age is all in the mind..I dont feel or even act like someone who is "in their 30s" what does that mean anyway?? As one of us said 30 is the new 20....40 is the next 30 and so on and so on

I am married you are not

My husband has arrived your darling hasnt yet

doesnt mean a thing

if you need something HOLLA! (F)

Tasha, I will refer to you as Tasha2...lol

anyways this place doesnt always get called upon for help by those only in MENA

you will also see alot of comments from people of various age groups and petitioning from countries from AROUND THE WORLD.

we are happy to have you regardless of our age :P

I myself am in my late 30s with 3 children

my husband is in his late 20s

HOWEVER, age is all in the mind..I dont feel or even act like someone who is "in their 30s" what does that mean anyway?? As one of us said 30 is the new 20....40 is the next 30 and so on and so on

I am married you are not

My husband has arrived your darling hasnt yet

doesnt mean a thing

if you need something HOLLA! (F)

oh and I have never received financial support from my parents at all

as for my trips overseas all funded by me and the power of GOD

as far as my family supporting my decision to travel...no, never and never been able to understand me

as far as my choice to marry an arabic/muslim man...a little sketical of course but like any other decision in my life

IT IS MINE and I dont give a flying hoot what anyone thinks

hubby and I do drink....on occasion

Edited by sandrila

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi! I'm 20 and in my second year of college right now... my fiance is 22!

My parents definitely don't pay anything for me haha... thankfully I have a full scholarship and I work quite a few hours to fund my plane tickets back to Egypt. My Dad pays child support throughout the year and I get that too. I'm quite young I guess... :innocent:

We've only been separated for 4 months and we are tired of it heh... alhamdulillah only one more month and I'll be back! :dance:

ahlawy.jpg

l9v9m4.png

807bc02469.gif

"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Henry David Thoreau

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.