irish44

I got dumped!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Oh well.. it looks like my marriage isn't going to happen unfortunately.

She told me today that she does not want to come to America, and to not call.

I suppose after 9 months of this process I am a bit worn out.

I don't really know the reason; I don't make enough, she met someone else, or some other reason.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'll check in with you from time to time. And thanks to all of those folks who have been so helpful: Bobalouie, Kazan, Slim, and others. Maybe this is for the best.. who knows? :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sorry for what happened to you! Maybe your not meant to be with each other. Goodluck and move on with your life!!!! Happpiness is still waiting for you.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very sorry to hear that the process sure can take a lot out of everyone.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Oh well.. it looks like my marriage isn't going to happen unfortunately.

She told me today that she does not want to come to America, and to not call.

I suppose after 9 months of this process I am a bit worn out.

I don't really know the reason; I don't make enough, she met someone else, or some other reason.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'll check in with you from time to time. And thanks to all of those folks who have been so helpful: Bobalouie, Kazan, Slim, and others. Maybe this is for the best.. who knows? :)

I am sooo sorry! :crying: That sux really bad! You guys were sooo close too!

Filed: Timeline
#######? :blink:

Ok.. I just talked to the woman who was our translator, who just talked to my ex-fiancee. The fact is that this was a scam. She took the $600.00 I sent her for the Moscow tickets and, no surprise, won't return it. She said that it was a birthday present!

Well.. better $600 now (+ all the money I already spent), than the $2,000 to get her and her daughter here.. then it would have gotten worse.

My feelings are that of shame. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person but got caught in it while I was emotionally vulnerable. Live and learn as they say.

On the other hand, I do feel a sense of relief both emotionally and financially. I am envious of you all and how well it has worked out, but also happy for you.

Take care and thanks for the notes.

Joe

Edited by irish44

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
#######? :blink:

Ok.. I just talked to the woman who was our translator, who just talked to my ex-fiancee. The fact is that this was a scam. She took the $600.00 I sent her for the Moscow tickets and, no surprise, won't return it. She said that it was a birthday present!

Well.. better $600 now (+ all the money I already spent), than the $2,000 to get her and her daughter here.. then it would have gotten worse.

My feelings are that of shame. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person but got caught in it while I was emotionally vulnerable. Live and learn as they say.

On the other hand, I do feel a sense of relief both emotionally and financially. I am envious of you all and how well it has worked out, but also happy for you.

Take care and thanks for the notes.

Joe

I am so very sorry....i guess there really is not any words to give u comfort so i will give prayers for u

sara

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear what happened. At the same time, as you said, you are very lucky that this ended when it did or else things could have gotten much worse. I know you are probably going through a mix of emotions, but I hope that you will eventually find someone will genuinely love you. Best wishes. (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The fact is that this was a scam. She took the $600.00 I sent her for the Moscow tickets and, no surprise, won't return it. She said that it was a birthday present!

How hard did this "scammer" have to work for all the money you spent on her? Did you at least sleep with her? I hope you got your money's worth....good luck on your next love journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Irish44,

Sorry to hear for the scam and for your time being wasted.

From the first time I saw your profile with Tanya's picture in here something was telling me that she's not genuine. I could tell how she was not turned towards you on picture and etc. Then I read that you guys changed the interview date and once again it was another reason for me to believe that something is fishy. ( i am not saying that all the people that change their interview date are scammers but something particularly about her was giving me the negative vibe) Something about her was telling me that she's a scam. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures and etc I had a feeling that she wasn't serious and now reading this post of yours. Once again, I feel bad and sorry for you so please take care of yourself and be more careful next time. And it's a shame that those scammer make lots of Russian women look like a scam when someone could be real and honest.

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Irish44,

Sorry to hear for the scam and for your time being wasted.

From the first time I saw your profile with Tanya's picture in here something was telling me that she's not genuine. I could tell how she was not turned towards you on picture and etc. Then I read that you guys changed the interview date and once again it was another reason for me to believe that something is fishy. ( i am not saying that all the people that change their interview date are scammers but something particularly about her was giving me the negative vibe) Something about her was telling me that she's a scam. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures and etc I had a feeling that she wasn't serious and now reading this post of yours. Once again, I feel bad and sorry for you so please take care of yourself and be more careful next time. And it's a shame that those scammer make lots of Russian women look like a scam when someone could be real and honest.

Joe, do you remember your April 1st Joke in this forum?

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.