irish44

I got dumped!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I shared Charles thought... I really wanted to look at that photo again for the hidden meaning too. From what I remember, it looked normal to me.

i see you took the pictures down from your profile. someone commented on them earlier and i wanted to see what that poster was talking about regarding them.

unfortunately, scammers abound in this deal, they are more than happy to take your money and leave you in the dust. however, there is a silver lining to this, believe it or not. she could have gone through with things and decided to beat feet after the 2 year or 10 year green card, and you'd have a lot more money, time, and emotion down the drain, along with being on the hook for the affidavit of support for god knows how long.

as slim posted, there are many women out there that are honest and willing. give it another shot and may the visa be with you. :thumbs:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irish,

Keep your head up! There is a risk that we all take in finding our lives partner. Don't give up finding that special woman for you. She is out there somewhere. Take some time off and gather your thoughts. Your Heart will mend in time.... Good luck to you!!!

Filed: Timeline

Sorry I'm a little late to the table...Irish...man. I'm so sorry to hear about this. This is such a tough process. There are minefields everywhere, and even the "veterans" will tell you that a lot of it just boils down to luck. There seems to be some speculation as to whether you were "scammed" or if she was ever serious, or whatever, and that's probably going to hang over your head for a long time. You will probably never know the whole truth. Don't let it eat you up though, because in the end, it is what it is. Focus on moving on.

I'm not one of those who believe that things happen for a reason...I just think shiт happens. So take some time to experience and move through all the emotions that go along with this kind of #######, and go from there. Don't jump back in until you're ready, and hell, you may never be ready for it again.

Satellite, someone needs to kick you in the teeth. Seriously. STFU until you can act like a human being.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Irish44,

What to say. This is a very sad time. Past that, Mox and other have thoughts I echo. Its hard to tell on this sort of forum -- but I hope there are people around you to talk with about this.

And Satellite, I remember a time when I didn't find your comments contemptable -- but that was quite a while ago.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline
I am sorry this happened to you but maybe it was for the best. Better she left now than 2 or 5 years down the road when you would have investmented so much more into your relationship. There is always a bright side to all this. Maybe she developed a conscious and that's why she backed out.

Life is so strange but it sure keeps you on your toes!!!

The fact is that this was a scam. She took the $600.00 I sent her for the Moscow tickets and, no surprise, won't return it. She said that it was a birthday present!

Doesn't look like a scam to me. But good riddance anyway, and good for you that you haven't brought her to the U.S. Try not to feel too embittered; after all, not every relationship workes out and it's especially true of long-distance endeavors where people barely have time to get to know each other. Next time, make sure you take more time!

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Sat,

That is a new all time low for you. Nuff said.

And Satellite, I remember a time when I didn't find your comments contemptable -- but that was quite a while ago.
Satellite, someone needs to kick you in the teeth. Seriously. STFU until you can act like a human being.
Oh, of course, the censors are out again.

Since when did saying "I'm sorry for you" become a more valued opinion than "its not a total loss", perhaps you finally got laid and a hot woman paid attention to you for one year for $600. Most people pay a lot more for that kind of attention. At least we are all in agreement in wishing the man the best of luck in his next endeavor at love.

Edited by Satellite

Sat,

That is a new all time low for you. Nuff said.

Oh, of course, the censors are out again.

Since when did saying "I'm sorry for you" become a more valued opinion than "its not a total loss", perhaps you finally got laid and a hot woman paid attention to you for one year for $600. Most people pay a lot more for that kind of attention. At least we are all in agreement in wishing the man the best of luck in his next endeavor at love.

It has nothing to do with censorship you idiot. It has to do with normal behavior. "The "perhaps you finally got laid" and "a hot woman paid attention to you" is condesending and in general a sh@tty thing to say to someone in this situation. You made a big deal out of passing the bar on this site. Your inability to engage your freaking brain before you put your mouth (or fingers) into gear is really showing alot about your common sense, and should tell us just how hard that test really is. You may know law, but you dont know sh@t about common sense. You are a POS of the first order. Im with mox, sit down, have a nice big cup of STFU and think for a while before you speak. I have a feeling that you are not like this in 'real life' and that your 'cyber personality' is an act, because if you really say the stupid ####### you say to people in real life, you would probably have a much different attitude.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
It has nothing to do with censorship
Normal people don't get all bent out of shape over a freakin' post on an internet forum. If you don't like the post, don't read it. If you don't like the poster, put him in your ignore list. But to go on and on insulting the guy because you disagree with his sentiments is no better than the behavior you're complaining about.

By the way, it used to be "common sense" that black people are inferior to white people. Of course, to some people, it still is. The phrase, "common sense" has got to be one of the most over-used, dumbest and most meaningless phrases in the English language. The argument of "its common sense" is the argument of last resort - when you have nothing more substantial to argue with.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Normal people don't get all bent out of shape over a freakin' post on an internet forum. If you don't like the post, don't read it. If you don't like the poster, put him in your ignore list. But to go on and on insulting the guy because you disagree with his sentiments is no better than the behavior you're complaining about.

By the way, it used to be "common sense" that black people are inferior to white people. Of course, to some people, it still is. The phrase, "common sense" has got to be one of the most over-used, dumbest and most meaningless phrases in the English language. The argument of "its common sense" is the argument of last resort - when you have nothing more substantial to argue with.

Cheers!

AKDiver

Actually i think Satelite does this because he lacks attention! And when he makes these post he wants people to argue with him it adds fuel to his fire! SO i think if we just ignore him the problem will be solved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It simply called sensitivity and respect for fellow human beings...

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Irish,

I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Matters of the heart are always difficult - add space and time and things become almost impossible. Your story is true for many of us - that this process is trying and difficult - some with more devastating events than others.

I had not seen your profile until today's post, so I will leave what your fiancee's intentions were out of this post, as I do not have any knowledge of your relationship.

You sound sad, angry, confused, upset. While those are all exceptionally uncomfortable feelings - they are feelings that help you grow as a person. You sound like a genuine and caring person and these are qualities which I am certain will remain despite these turn of events. Soon, you'll find peace, happiness and love again once those uncomfortable feelings have passed. This is a time to vent, reflect, question and seek compassion. You've already been able to do some of those things, which makes me certain that your heart was in that relationship 100%. Your posts have been factual without being demeaning to the other party, which reflects amazingly on your character. If it needs saying then here goes: that makes you a very good person. I have no doubt that someone will see that light in your heart and soul in the future.

Unlike some friendships in life - the VJ family is bound by one common bond - distance, space and time - something that I am sure no one else quite understands. This makes it a completely appropriate place for you to seek solace, caring, wisdom and compassion.

My heart goes out to you. (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

ita :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think this was a scam. What probably happened is that she got tired of waiting, met someone else and decided to stay. You got off too light if it was a scam. Commodity prices in Russia are the same as they are in the US (and I'm not talking about just Moscow or StP) so $600 buys you almost nothing.

As for political correctness police...so you don't like that someone said what they thought? So Satelite is not a sensitive person, there's no laws against that. Do you people honestly believe random strangers / coworkers / someone you barely know care about your day or what's up? At least his was an honest, although insensitive, remark. Don't get all bent out of shape.

Filed: Timeline
I don't think this was a scam. What probably happened is that she got tired of waiting, met someone else and decided to stay. You got off too light if it was a scam. Commodity prices in Russia are the same as they are in the US (and I'm not talking about just Moscow or StP) so $600 buys you almost nothing.

As for political correctness police...so you don't like that someone said what they thought? So Satelite is not a sensitive person, there's no laws against that. Do you people honestly believe random strangers / coworkers / someone you barely know care about your day or what's up? At least his was an honest, although insensitive, remark. Don't get all bent out of shape.

A couple of things. First of all Sat's comments were just Sat being Sat, and did not bother me as much as you think..Yes it was inappropriate and foul to me, but it's part of being on the internet.

Secondly, when I asked her for the money back she said no as she considered it a "Birthday Present" (which was two months ago and I had already sent her a present.) She wanted $3,500 to go to Moscow for the first interview date and I said no. As has been discussed, this is an absolutely outrageous amount and shocked the hell out of me. The red flags went up big time as you can imagine so I took control of the bookings myself.

She said that the rescheduling was fine with her as she was very nervous. At the end when she blew me off she said I was "mean" for not giving her all of that money!

So with that information, let's have a vote. Is she:

1) Misunderstood?

2) Slightly High Maintenance?

3) Extremely High Maintenance?

4) Scammer?

Thank you all again for you notes and support. Believe me that I am very happy that it did not go farther for whatever reason.

As someone said on this thread.. S*it happens.

I do feel bad about her 13yo daughter Alina, who would sit on her suitcase and ask "When are we going?".

Cheers.

Edited by irish44

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.