irish44

I got dumped!

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Irish44,

Sorry to hear for the scam and for your time being wasted.

From the first time I saw your profile with Tanya's picture in here something was telling me that she's not genuine. I could tell how she was not turned towards you on picture and etc. Then I read that you guys changed the interview date and once again it was another reason for me to believe that something is fishy. ( i am not saying that all the people that change their interview date are scammers but something particularly about her was giving me the negative vibe) Something about her was telling me that she's a scam. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures and etc I had a feeling that she wasn't serious and now reading this post of yours. Once again, I feel bad and sorry for you so please take care of yourself and be more careful next time. And it's a shame that those scammer make lots of Russian women look like a scam when someone could be real and honest.

I disagree. If she scammed him, then she scammed me and my fiancee too. I went over to Russia, and actually met her. Shortly after my fiancee's interview, when I went to Russia to bring her back to the US, I looked over her paperwork for her upcomming interview, just to make sure that she had all she needed, and my fiancee talked with her a number of times, both in person and on the phone to help her with the paperwork and answer questions about the interview process. Neither of us picked up on anything fishy, and when I met her, she seemed genuinely excited about her new life.

Sat,

That is a new all time low for you. Nuff said.

Bobalouie,

If she wasn't scamming then why like an honest person she wouldn't return the $600 he gave her? Why would she claim it was her birthday present? Especially now that irish44 said he gave her present for her birthday? And why did she have a change of heart all of a sudden after he denied giving her $3500?

Something to think about perhaps?

I don't think this was a scam. What probably happened is that she got tired of waiting, met someone else and decided to stay. You got off too light if it was a scam. Commodity prices in Russia are the same as they are in the US (and I'm not talking about just Moscow or StP) so $600 buys you almost nothing.

As for political correctness police...so you don't like that someone said what they thought? So Satelite is not a sensitive person, there's no laws against that. Do you people honestly believe random strangers / coworkers / someone you barely know care about your day or what's up? At least his was an honest, although insensitive, remark. Don't get all bent out of shape.

A couple of things. First of all Sat's comments were just Sat being Sat, and did not bother me as much as you think..Yes it was inappropriate and foul to me, but it's part of being on the internet.

Secondly, when I asked her for the money back she said no as she considered it a "Birthday Present" (which was two months ago and I had already sent her a present.) She wanted $3,500 to go to Moscow for the first interview date and I said no. As has been discussed, this is an absolutely outrageous amount and shocked the hell out of me. The red flags went up big time as you can imagine so I took control of the bookings myself.

She said that the rescheduling was fine with her as she was very nervous. At the end when she blew me off she said I was "mean" for not giving her all of that money!

So with that information, let's have a vote. Is she:

1) Misunderstood?

2) Slightly High Maintenance?

3) Extremely High Maintenance?

4) Scammer?

Thank you all again for you notes and support. Believe me that I am very happy that it did not go farther for whatever reason.

As someone said on this thread.. S*it happens.

I do feel bad about her 13yo daughter Alina, who would sit on her suitcase and ask "When are we going?".

Cheers.

Joe,

it's both #3 and #4.......and a spoiled brat who got offended when didn't get what she wanted. Just my opinion.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

1) Misunderstood?

4) Scammer?

5) S*it happens!

I would have to go with: (3), (4) & (5)!

from Andrew

Irish44,

From the first time I saw your profile with Tanya's picture in here something was telling me that she's not genuine. I could tell how she was not turned towards you on picture and etc. Then I read that you guys changed the interview date and once again it was another reason for me to believe that something is fishy. ( i am not saying that all the people that change their interview date are scammers but something particularly about her was giving me the negative vibe) Something about her was telling me that she's a scam. Reading your posts and looking at the pictures and etc I had a feeling that she wasn't serious and now reading this post of yours. Once again, I feel bad and sorry for you so please take care of yourself and be more careful next time. And it's a shame that those scammer make lots of Russian women look like a scam when someone could be real and honest.

I disagree. If she scammed him, then she scammed me and my fiancee too. I went over to Russia, and actually met her. Shortly after my fiancee's interview, when I went to Russia to bring her back to the US, I looked over her paperwork for her upcomming interview, just to make sure that she had all she needed, and my fiancee talked with her a number of times, both in person and on the phone to help her with the paperwork and answer questions about the interview process. Neither of us picked up on anything fishy, and when I met her, she seemed genuinely excited about her new life.

Sat,

Bobalouie,

If she wasn't scamming then why like an honest person she wouldn't return the $600 he gave her? Why would she claim it was her birthday present? Especially now that irish44 said he gave her present for her birthday? And why did she have a change of heart all of a sudden after he denied giving her $3500?

I don't think this was a scam. What probably happened is that she got tired of waiting, met someone else and decided to stay. You got off too light if it was a scam. Commodity prices in Russia are the same as they are in the US (and I'm not talking about just Moscow or StP) so $600 buys you almost nothing.

As for political correctness police...so you don't like that someone said what they thought? So Satelite is not a sensitive person, there's no laws against that. Do you people honestly believe random strangers / coworkers / someone you barely know care about your day or what's up? At least his was an honest, although insensitive, remark. Don't get all bent out of shape.

A couple of things. First of all Sat's comments were just Sat being Sat, and did not bother me as much as you think..Yes it was inappropriate and foul to me, but it's part of being on the internet.

Secondly, when I asked her for the money back she said no as she considered it a "Birthday Present" (which was two months ago and I had already sent her a present.) She wanted $3,500 to go to Moscow for the first interview date and I said no. As has been discussed, this is an absolutely outrageous amount and shocked the hell out of me. The red flags went up big time as you can imagine so I took control of the bookings myself.

She said that the rescheduling was fine with her as she was very nervous. At the end when she blew me off she said I was "mean" for not giving her all of that money!

1) Misunderstood?

4) Scammer?

Thank you all again for you notes and support. Believe me that I am very happy that it did not go farther for whatever reason.

I do feel bad about her 13yo daughter Alina, who would sit on her suitcase and ask "When are we going?".

Cheers.

Joe,

it's both #3 and #4.......and a spoiled brat who got offended when didn't get what she wanted. Just my opinion.

You know, I really didnt word that very good NYGirl. I was trying to say that she was pretty good if she was scamming because not only did she get him, she got me and my fiancee as well. I talked with my fiancee about it a little the other night, and she doesnt think she was a scammer. She thought that she might be high maintenance due to the way she acted when they met and spoke. She feels that when Irish didnt want to pony out the $3500 (which she completely understands) that she probably thought that if Irish cant part with $3500 on a whim, then he cant provide for me the life I want. Since she had these thoughts, when she got the $600 she probably spent it on something, or most of it, and then decided to pull the plug.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Irish44,

Sat,

Bobalouie,

1) Misunderstood?

4) Scammer?

Cheers.

Joe,

You know, I really didnt word that very good NYGirl. I was trying to say that she was pretty good if she was scamming because not only did she get him, she got me and my fiancee as well. I talked with my fiancee about it a little the other night, and she doesnt think she was a scammer. She thought that she might be high maintenance due to the way she acted when they met and spoke. She feels that when Irish didnt want to pony out the $3500 (which she completely understands) that she probably thought that if Irish cant part with $3500 on a whim, then he cant provide for me the life I want. Since she had these thoughts, when she got the $600 she probably spent it on something, or most of it, and then decided to pull the plug.

You know, whatever it is.......something about her gave me the negative vibe. I had a feeling something about her is fishy.

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

that would be my vote too. the money mentioned was not a gift, it was for expenses. no trip = money should be returned, not kept.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I was trying to say that she was pretty good if she was scamming because not only did she get him, she got me and my fiancée as well.
Well for someone who gets
all bent out of shape over a freakin' post on an internet forum,
I wouldn't expect any different.

I was trying to say that she was pretty good if she was scamming because not only did she get him, she got me and my fiancée as well.
Well for someone who gets
all bent out of shape over a freakin' post on an internet forum,
I wouldn't expect any different.

Hey man, I let it go, I didnt respond to AK or the others who supported you becuase I thought that maybe I was a little over the top. Why dont you let it go to, we can chalk it up to a misunderstanding and move on.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Deleted (:

Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can only assume that you have little interest in meeting and marrying an American. Have you considered seeking a non-Russian? If you need a translator to communicate that is a huge obstacle in my view. Consider the Philippines. The women are loving and loyal. Another advantage is that they speak English fluently. Visa fraud is less than 10 percent. I am married to a Filipina and she is a blessing to me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Oh well.. it looks like my marriage isn't going to happen unfortunately.

She told me today that she does not want to come to America, and to not call.

I suppose after 9 months of this process I am a bit worn out.

I don't really know the reason; I don't make enough, she met someone else, or some other reason.

Good luck to the rest of you and I'll check in with you from time to time. And thanks to all of those folks who have been so helpful: Bobalouie, Kazan, Slim, and others. Maybe this is for the best.. who knows? :)

Oh im so sorry to hear....but i leave this word with you."ALL THINGS WORK FOR GOOD FOR THOSE WHO LOVE THE LORD"

i wish you all the very best where ever this life leads you

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I can only assume that you have little interest in meeting and marrying an American. Have you considered seeking a non-Russian? If you need a translator to communicate that is a huge obstacle in my view. Consider the Philippines. The women are loving and loyal. Another advantage is that they speak English fluently. Visa fraud is less than 10 percent. I am married to a Filipina and she is a blessing to me.

citation needed for that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Irish, I can tell you from experience, that any woman expecting her "rich American boyfriend" to pony-up $3500 for something that should cost less than half of that is going to also expect him to pony-up a new car, a nicer house, money for English classes and college, money for shopping trips, etc., etc., etc. all while she doesn't work. She'd probably also expect diamonds and nice clothes and that sort of thing as well, all the while STILL not working.

Truth be told, you guys probably jumped into this a little quickly and were both really genuine but it just didn't work out. And in all actuality, you're lucky it didn't! You would've been fighting an uphill battle for the first couple of years and with her age and already having a kid, it's likely a battle that you wouldn't have won since she's more than likely already set in her ways. She already had her mind made up and the money spent and it's probably good that she did.

$600? You got off cheap!

I'll give Filipinas a big :thumbs:. Their material expectations pale in comparison to those of their big white sisters. As long as it's not an ethnic/racial thing for you, make sure you click on the PI button as well when you search for girls.

Either way, get back on the horse!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Their material expectations pale in comparison to those of their big white sisters.
I dunno man. Aiming for someone with "low expectations" seems...well...I dunno. I certainly prefer high expectations in a woman. I know my wife has them. If I tried to pull any of the BS I read about people pulling on their american wives (fooling around, control/power games, and whatever else), she would have none of it. She has enough brains to know she shouldn't put up with BS from a husband. Edited by akdiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Their material expectations pale in comparison to those of their big white sisters.
I dunno man. Aiming for someone with "low expectations" seems...well...I dunno. I certainly prefer high expectations in a woman. I know my wife has them. If I tried to pull any of the BS I read about people pulling on their american wives (fooling around, control/power games, and whatever else), she would have none of it. She has enough brains to know she shouldn't put up with BS from a husband.

We're talking about material expectations here, nothing about fooling around, control/power, etc. For women who have the expection of $3500 travel to Moscow to stay comfortably in the lap of luxury for a few days, a trip that should cost somewhere in the ballpark of maybe $1000, her expectations are going to be stepped up exponentially after arrival to the U.S. where she'll then expect to live in the lap of luxury for the rest of her life.

And that's not aiming for someone with low expectations, that's aiming for someone with a perception of reality that either mirrors or compliments your own. If you can't afford to live in the lap of luxury yourself, perhaps you shouldn't choose a woman who expects it. One that is at least appreciative of having a place to live and food to eat would be better than one that is never happy with the place you live and the food you eat.

I see where you're going with this and I agree. However, in the case of "clicked on your profile, liked what I saw, let's get married" it doesn't always work out that way. Some folks get lucky (or do more research) and find exactly what they're looking for. Others only see what they want to see until it's too late and both are commited to the process. Sometimes they go through with it and sometimes they don't. Truly, the lucky ones don't because they leave open the possibility to find the one that will compliment their life and make it work together with them.

Sure, I've met some Filipinas with high expectations, but their high expectations ("I would like a nice house and car for our family.") pale in comparison to the high expectations of the Russian/FSU women ("Where is my Ferrari, blat?")

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Sure, I've met some Filipinas with high expectations, but their high expectations ("I would like a nice house and car for our family.") pale in comparison to the high expectations of the Russian/FSU women ("Where is my Ferrari, blat?")

Reminds me of my professor's rant today about how her countrymen today are all about DEN'GI DEN'GI DEN'GI whereas before all they wanted was to be close to the earth or something. I do have female friends here who are otherwise very sweet girls who are incredibly focused on their potential boyfriends' earning potential in a way I have never seen in American girls. Well, you do see it sometimes in the US, but they're never nice girls.

Первый блин комом.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.