maiflower

Follow up to Cancelling Greencard

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was here a few weeks back about an abusive husband had just received his 2 yr greencard from me and completely changed over night and told me he had married me for the GC and left me and my 2 month old daughter. well well well i went to ins in nyc, and at first i told the lady that my husband left me once he got his GC and she said sorry there is nothing we can do once het gets his ten year. i told her no, it was only the 2 yr. she told me to write down why i want to withdraw and i had allready brought my letter. she made a copy, wrote in big rd letters WITHDRAW and sent it to the dept that handles this. She then gave me a copy to immediately send to the Vermont Center. she then said how this happens everyday here. she said he would not be getting his greencard and would be deported. i was relieved. i am miserable that my marriage was based on fraud. my citizenship was both a blessing and curse. i am depressed like you cant possiblt believe but atleast this jerk will be paying for it. Anyone else has similiar story? even if he nows files for a divorce and this is in his files, right INS can't grant him his 10 yr? if there any possibility this monster can still get his 10 yr?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
where is this moved to?

YOu have made the right move.I hope you will be okay soon.

I admire you for being such a strong person.God bless you always!!

Keep contacting the INS rgarding the progess of your complaint.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry that you had this happen to you. It is never good to be and feel betrayed, but it is even worse when it is by someone you love. You have done what you can. USCIS has tagged his file and he will not be allowed to receive his 10 year card, divorced or otherwise. I know it is tough for you right now, but you have already shown that you are tougher. You will make it and come out of this stronger - eventually. In the meantime, cry and mourn because it is a loss. you have every right to feel the way you do.

(It was moved to the forum "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits" which is the more appropriate forum for it.)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so sorry. I hope you find a way to heal from this. You deserve so much better!

I really want to thank you for following up on your story and especially for providing details in a very mature manner. That's one thing I never liked on here.....When faced with problems, people need guidance and that is either glossed over or worded in such an immature way that it is not really helpful.

Hopefully, you will have helped others who may follow that same unfortunate path in the future.

I hope you find many blessings in your future.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I know how tough it is right now for you...be strong. You did the right move reporting him in the INS and I believe he will be deported soon coz' his record at the INS had a tagged on it by reporting fraud/withdraw.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
I was here a few weeks back about an abusive husband had just received his 2 yr greencard from me and completely changed over night and told me he had married me for the GC and left me and my 2 month old daughter. well well well i went to ins in nyc, and at first i told the lady that my husband left me once he got his GC and she said sorry there is nothing we can do once het gets his ten year. i told her no, it was only the 2 yr. she told me to write down why i want to withdraw and i had allready brought my letter. she made a copy, wrote in big rd letters WITHDRAW and sent it to the dept that handles this. She then gave me a copy to immediately send to the Vermont Center. she then said how this happens everyday here. she said he would not be getting his greencard and would be deported. i was relieved. i am miserable that my marriage was based on fraud. my citizenship was both a blessing and curse. i am depressed like you cant possiblt believe but atleast this jerk will be paying for it. Anyone else has similiar story? even if he nows files for a divorce and this is in his files, right INS can't grant him his 10 yr? if there any possibility this monster can still get his 10 yr?

He is not only a bad person but he is also stupid.... he did not even do what he planned the right way!!!! what a pity!!! Good for you that you already took him out of your life....

06/28/2004. Happily Married in Miami Florida.

09/??/2004 Send I-130, 486 Package and ETC. for AOS

01/??/05 Workers permit received.

Got Social Security Card!!!

08/29/2005 Interview went awesome!

09/??/2005 Green Card arrived!!!!!!!! YUPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Removal of Conditions:

06/01/2007 Send package to TEXAS Service Center

06/07/2007 Received NOA

09/20/2007 Went to get an stamp, denied stamp at the Miami USCIS Office =(

01/31/2008 Transfer to Vermont Service Center (after almost 8 months!)

02/22/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

02/26/2008 This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. (Last Touched)

07/01/2008 : still waiting for a miracle after 390 days of suffering....

07/02/2008: Infopass Appointment. passport Stamp....

07/03/2008: Incredible!!!! Card Production Ordered!!!!!!

07/04/2008: Touched. Duplicate email Card Production Order

07/07/2008: Touched

07/08/2008: Touched. Email with notice of approval

07/09/2008: Touched again!

07/11/2008: CARD ARRIVES IN MAIL!!!!! THANKS!!!! WELLCOME IMMIGRANT LETTER!!! :P

Naturalization Process:

06/23/2010: 06/23/2010 - Send N400 after 5 years of permanent residency. Good luck !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your troubles...

However, I am relieved that you are able to have his greencard withdrawn. That BA#@A$D! Can't wait for him to receive the letter that he is going to be deported!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

This story makes no sense...if he's already received his greencard, you need proof of fraud. They don't just pick up and deport someone because you complained...and how is an application WITHDRAWN if it's already approved?

I'm guessing the OP has left a lot out of the story?

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
This story makes no sense...if he's already received his greencard, you need proof of fraud. They don't just pick up and deport someone because you complained...and how is an application WITHDRAWN if it's already approved?

If I read it right, he only got his conditional greencard and she withdrew her affidavit of support. I guess the hope is, that he can't file for lifting of conditions if there is a "marriage fraud red flag" all over the file.

How and if that will lead to deportation is not completley clear to me.

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

What form were you asked to report the matter on?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I would believe the result predicted in the bolded section above when an actual deportation or green card cancelation occurs. You don't know how the department that handles this is going to handle it yet.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

If I read it right, he only got his conditional greencard and she withdrew her affidavit of support. I guess the hope is, that he can't file for lifting of conditions if there is a "marriage fraud red flag" all over the file.

How and if that will lead to deportation is not completley clear to me.

That's the thing...she can't withdraw the affidavit if he has his green card; if USCIS does a fraud investigation and deports him, that would relieve her of the duties detailed in the affidavit, but until they do that, she's still responsible.

Unless pushbrk's assessment is right. Which is may be.

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.