maiflower

Follow up to Cancelling Greencard

54 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
This story makes no sense...if he's already received his greencard, you need proof of fraud. They don't just pick up and deport someone because you complained...and how is an application WITHDRAWN if it's already approved?

I'm guessing the OP has left a lot out of the story?

If I read it right, he only got his conditional greencard and she withdrew her affidavit of support. I guess the hope is, that he can't file for lifting of conditions if there is a "marriage fraud red flag" all over the file.

How and if that will lead to deportation is not completley clear to me.

That's the thing...she can't withdraw the affidavit if he has his green card; if USCIS does a fraud investigation and deports him, that would relieve her of the duties detailed in the affidavit, but until they do that, she's still responsible.

Unless pushbrk's assessment is right. Which is may be.

Hm, interesting. When I was thinking about it and after reading other threads of this kind, I am thinking that even with the withdrawel of the affidavit of support, I am not sure if that would automatically result with deportation. He can for sure live here the two years while his greencard is valid and then get denied if he would try to lift conditions by himself. And then it would be up to INS (?) to deport him or not?!

That's how I understand the process, but I am by far no expert.

Interesting stuff though...

Why can't she withdraw her affidavit of support?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
This story makes no sense...if he's already received his greencard, you need proof of fraud. They don't just pick up and deport someone because you complained...and how is an application WITHDRAWN if it's already approved?

If I read it right, he only got his conditional greencard and she withdrew her affidavit of support. I guess the hope is, that he can't file for lifting of conditions if there is a "marriage fraud red flag" all over the file.

That's the thing...she can't withdraw the affidavit if he has his green card; if USCIS does a fraud investigation and deports him, that would relieve her of the duties detailed in the affidavit, but until they do that, she's still responsible.

Hm, interesting. When I was thinking about it and after reading other threads of this kind, I am thinking that even with the withdrawel of the affidavit of support, I am not sure if that would automatically result with deportation. He can for sure live here the two years while his greencard is valid and then get denied if he would try to lift conditions by himself. And then it would be up to INS (?) to deport him or not?!

The affidavit of support is a contract between the sponsor and the US Government. "Withdrawal" must be done before the contract goes into effect. The effects and liabilities can be negated by deportation. In the meantime, the contract is in force.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The affidavit of support is a contract between the sponsor and the US Government. "Withdrawal" must be done before the contract goes into effect. The effects and liabilities can be negated by deportation. In the meantime, the contract is in force.

Oh ok, thanks!!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

im back. after reading all you have said and trying to remember the pts brought up i will say this: he had a history of applying for various forms of GC and were denied or pending. also once he received his GC, i have proof we dont live together or share anything in common. i have a 2 mth old by him, i would see no advantage in being the one to leave him, so it can be assumed from the above staements that he did not enter in good faith. also remember the reason ppl are given 2 yr GC, precisely to avoid marriage fraud---something that i was a victim of. ins is quick to not renew any GC if the petioner makes it clear to them that the partner then abandoned her once he received his GC. Sadly this is no game for me, this nightmare is my reality and the only reason im here posting isnt to have fun but rather to show you how honest people get screwed over by ppl so desperate for a GC.

im back. after reading all you have said and trying to remember the pts brought up i will say this: he had a history of applying for various forms of GC and were denied or pending. also once he received his GC, i have proof we dont live together or share anything in common. i have a 2 mth old by him, i would see no advantage in being the one to leave him, so it can be assumed from the above staements that he did not enter in good faith. also remember the reason ppl are given 2 yr GC, precisely to avoid marriage fraud---something that i was a victim of. ins is quick to not renew any GC if the petioner makes it clear to them that the partner then abandoned her once he received his GC. Sadly this is no game for me, this nightmare is my reality and the only reason im here posting isnt to have fun but rather to show you how honest people get screwed over by ppl so desperate for a GC.

Hi there,

Don't worry ... I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here finds your situation funny. You've been left in a horrible situation by this scumbag and personally I hope he really does get what he deserves.

I suspect some people here are simply trying to make sure they understand exactly what has happened, what the immigration lady did and what the consequences for both you and the ... 'husband' ... are now. That's all.

I wish you and your baby a very happy future without any more heartache. (F)

Take care,

Brit

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Timeline

Tex'n'Brit is right, I wasn't questioning what has happened to you and I feel truly sorry for the situation he brought you in. Just what you described happens now left some questions open that we were trying to figure out....and that might be interesting to you too, maybe you weren't aware of the affidavit of support issue?

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That is great you did not let this scammer get off easy - LET THE DEPORTATION BEGIN NOW!

:devil:

Timeline
Tex'n'Brit is right, I wasn't questioning what has happened to you and I feel truly sorry for the situation he brought you in. Just what you described happens now left some questions open that we were trying to figure out....and that might be interesting to you too, maybe you weren't aware of the affidavit of support issue?

Right. Some of us would like to learn from your experience in order to better help others later. So, instead of trying to convince us you did the right thing, actual details and follow-up on what happens is more useful to us.

You did the right thing. We don't know if he'll get deported. We know somebody took your letter and made a request of the department that handles such things. We don't know what forms if any you submitted or what will be done with them. Please keep us posted.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

It may help you to know that the INS no longer exists.

And our questions may help, since you seemed unaware you are on the hook for the I-864 until/if he is deported. Fraud is not super-easy to prove, and last time I checked, USCIS doesn't deport ever immigrant where the spouse says they were defrauded - you need evidence, because a lot of spiteful, hurt US citizens who have just had a failed relationship want to play the fraud card. You should probably be aware that if the fraud is not well-documented, a child that is the product of the relationship can sometimes be seen as "proof" of a bonafide relationship and no longer living together after a relationship has failed is, by itself, not proof of fraud.

However, I do wish you the best and hope everything turns out well.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And our questions may help, since you seemed unaware you are on the hook for the I-864 until/if he is deported. Fraud is not super-easy to prove, and last time I checked, USCIS doesn't deport ever immigrant where the spouse says they were defrauded - you need evidence, because a lot of spiteful, hurt US citizens who have just had a failed relationship want to play the fraud card. You should probably be aware that if the fraud is not well-documented, a child that is the product of the relationship can sometimes be seen as "proof" of a bonafide relationship and no longer living together after a relationship has failed is, by itself, not proof of fraud.

Excuse me but the last time I checked, ICE does exist and is actively working! Why would she be on the hook if the scammer is deported? That is illogical -they are being deported and removed from USA so how would that have any effect on the USC being on the hook for I864 or anything? How do you know there was not evidence in this OP case? Spiteful USC? hummmmmmmmm the only spitefulness I see is someone trying to tongue lash an USC OP that has been scammed and needing support from us not someone trying to twist and spin this around like it is the USC fault, which is the tone you always take, and I resent the fact that you always take up a side against the USC poster and act like in some way it is all their fault for any and all wrongdoing when it is not! Maybe just maybe this OP is telling the truth and for that matter walk a mile in her shoes for once, alone with a baby and on her own! Care to trade places with her and go through what she is going through maybe you might stop looking through the rose colored immigration glasses you always do. Face the reality and facts, there are many immigrants using marriage as a tool to gain entry into the USA each and every day, month or year fraudulently with no care for the USC at all! And sadly it only hurts all of us and ruins it for all of us and makes this process that more harder on honest loving couples! We all pay the price for all this paperwork and procedures and background checks and the numerous waits with USCIS for GC, visas, you name it all because of those that try to scam or game the system.

Timeline

Excuse me but the last time I checked, ICE does exist and is actively working! Why would she be on the hook if the scammer is deported? That is illogical -they are being deported and removed from USA so how would that have any effect on the USC being on the hook for I864 or anything? How do you know there was not evidence in this OP case? Spiteful USC? hummmmmmmmm the only spitefulness I see is someone trying to tongue lash an USC OP that has been scammed and needing support from us not someone trying to twist and spin this around like it is the USC fault, which is the tone you always take, and I resent the fact that you always take up a side against the USC poster and act like in some way it is all their fault for any and all wrongdoing when it is not! Maybe just maybe this OP is telling the truth and for that matter walk a mile in her shoes for once, alone with a baby and on her own! Care to trade places with her and go through what she is going through maybe you might stop looking through the rose colored immigration glasses you always do. Face the reality and facts, there are many immigrants using marriage as a tool to gain entry into the USA each and every day, month or year fraudulently with no care for the USC at all! And sadly it only hurts all of us and ruins it for all of us and makes this process that more harder on honest loving couples! We all pay the price for all this paperwork and procedures and background checks and the numerous waits with USCIS for GC, visas, you name it all because of those that try to scam or game the system.

Did you actually read the above reply? Just because you write everything in bold letters dosn't mean you are right.

Edited by nane1104

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

ICE is not INS. "Until he is deported" is different than "after he is deported". Carefull reading will help you avoid such misinterpretations.

See the bolded parts of the post to which you responded.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

ICE does exist, but if you read, I said INS.

I never made out the OP to be a spiteful USC, however they do exist, and this is why ICE has to investigate and not just take someone's word on it, and that is why the USC is still on the hook until/if the immigrant is deported. I never said the USC was lying, just informing her that an investigation would take place and it's a crapshoot if there's not a ton of hard evidence of fraud, and that moving out when a relationship fails does not always mean fraud in ICE's eyes. If she has tons of documentation, then hopefully her spouse will be put into removal proceedings.

I bolded the hard parts so maybe you can understand; we know reading is not your strong point.

(PS - tone is not transmitted on internet message boards. Tone is a characteristic of speech. :))

Edited by athena_ny

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Timeline

Why is this person still allowed to post anyway??

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

AOS, EAD and AP

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.