Captain Ewok

FAQs: Forms I-693 and DS-3025

458 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hI I SENT A COPY OF MY MEDICAL EXAM IN THE PHILIPPINES BUT THEY STILL REQUIRE ME TO SEND I-693! what do i need to do? I am in Georgia the place I'm living is far from Atlanta where the local civil surgeon located. can other doctor in my place do the transcribed?

Please let me know what to do? to redo the medical all over again is to expensive :(

We received the AOS interview letter. It has a checklist of what to bring listing the I-693 first stating ( if not already submitted). However, I sent the DS-3025 & 3026 with my AOS package and I never got an RFE for the I-693. Do I need to get on from a civil surgeon?

Please read post #1 of this thread:

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

Isaiah 49:16 Indeed, I have engraved you upon the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
hI I SENT A COPY OF MY MEDICAL EXAM IN THE PHILIPPINES BUT THEY STILL REQUIRE ME TO SEND I-693! what do i need to do? I am in Georgia the place I'm living is far from Atlanta where the local civil surgeon located. can other doctor in my place do the transcribed?

Please let me know what to do? to redo the medical all over again is to expensive :(

We received the AOS interview letter. It has a checklist of what to bring listing the I-693 first stating ( if not already submitted). However, I sent the DS-3025 & 3026 with my AOS package and I never got an RFE for the I-693. Do I need to get on from a civil surgeon?

Please read post #1 of this thread:

Q: Why are K non-immigrant visa holders asked to include a vaccination supplement when filing Form I-485 to adjust status?

Some countries allow K non-immigrant visa applicants to defer their vaccinations until after they arrive in the U.S. If the beneficiary's vaccinations were not completed as part of the visa process, it is necessary to include form I-693- part 1, part 2-vaccination section, and part 5 in the application.

If the beneficiary's vaccinations were COMPLETED as part of the visa process, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO INCLUDE FORM I-693 IN THE AOS SUBMISSION. All your medical information is enclosed in the brown envelope which was handed in at the POE. The envelope is then forwarded on to USCIS where it will be consolidated with the I-485 submission, once received. If you received a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet (Form DS-3025) from your Panel Physician, you may include a copy of that form in your AOS submission in place of Form I-693.

I think it depends on the type of "entry" you had... K1 or whatever. My husband came to the USA on a K1 and now we just have to have the vaccination transcribed, b/c his medical was done on March 2 in Toronto by Dr. Seiden. Hope that info helps. :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Quick question: Howd you know if your vaccination is complete? The vaccination sheet that was given to me together with xray(on cd) only has 4 check marks on it{there's a bunch more kinds of vaccinations on the sheet}(b/c the doctor that screened me during my med exam only recommended 4 shots. )So, is that considered complete then?

any thoughts? thank you!

K1

Interview Date: 07-24-09 PASSED!! Thank you Lord! :)

Visa In Hand: 07-30-09

POE-LAX: 08-07-09

Wedding: 09-09-09

AOS

Mailed AOS Packet: 10-22-09

Received Packet: 10-25-09

Check cashed: 11-02-09

NOA I-797: 11-02-09

Biometrics: 11-24-09

*Walked-In: 11-06-09(Biometrics) WEE! ;)

EAD Card Production: 12-16-09

AP: 12-17-09

Green Card notification: 12-24-09

Welcome Letter: 12-26-09

Green Card Mailed: 12-28-09

Green Card Received: 12-30-09

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Quick question: Howd you know if your vaccination is complete? The vaccination sheet that was given to me together with xray(on cd) only has 4 check marks on it{there's a bunch more kinds of vaccinations on the sheet}(b/c the doctor that screened me during my med exam only recommended 4 shots. )So, is that considered complete then?

any thoughts? thank you!

Do you have this DS-3025 sheet? http://www.visa-talk.com/DOC/Medical-forms/DS3025.pdf

There are 11 columns beside each shot listed.

The first few columns is where he would put in dates showing the shot record you should have taken in with you from your records.

Column 5 would have a date, if he gave the shot at the exam.

If you had chickenpox, the column 6 would have VH

Every shot that's not required because of your age would have a check mark in the "not age appropriate" column 7 .

In general every shot should have a date, VH, or checkmark in one of the colums on the same line. If you have a date given or not age appropriate for each one, then you're complete. If you have some shots listed with nothing in any of the columns beside it, then it's incomplete or he filled it out wrong.

If it was "contraindicated" (column 9) at the time, then you might still need that in the US if it was a temporary reason. (maybe you were pregnant and couldn't get MMR, but by the time you AOS you will have delivered the baby. By then getting the MMR would be okay so would be expected. If you were contraindicated because of a severe allergy to the vaccine, then you get a waiver for that because it will be contraindicated forever. )

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick for the reply.

Im looking at my Vaccination sheet right now, almost all of them are checked *not age appropriate* except for the 4 shots i had. There's only 1 check on the completed Series column and the rest are tagged *Insufficient Time Interval* ( for the HPV-w/c i have completed btw, from a diffrent OB, Vacirella and Tdap)

So, is my medical complete or incomplete?

still confused

K1

AOS

Timeline
i have been reading this thread and i am still confuse...

can we process the AOS even if my vaccine is not yet completed? I had my vaccination even before i got here such as Tdap,HPV and MMR or should we finish the vaccination then we can process the AOS?

thank you

If you got at least one shot of a series of shots, you can apply for AOS. If there's 3 shots in a series, you don't have to finish three because there could be months of waiting to space the shots out. You just have to have the first one to send in AOS.

So, if you're done with the 1st shot of say, a 3 series shot,then you're good. Meaning, you dont have to send the I-693 anymore? just the DS-3025?

K1

AOS

Timeline
We just had our AOS interview on June 5th. We only submitted a copy of DS3025 from her medical exam for K1. She had not completed all vaccinations (Booster shots for at least 1 weren't possible due to requiring 12 months between shots).

That's because you don't have to COMPLETE a vaccination series, you just have to take the first dose to be able to submit AOS. You're supposed to finish the series on your own.

Meaning, you can just submit the DS-3025 form and not submit the I- 693 anymore if you have received atleast 1 shot for say a 3 series shot?did i get that right?

K1

AOS

Timeline
Thanks Nich-Nick for the reply.

Im looking at my Vaccination sheet right now, almost all of them are checked *not age appropriate* except for the 4 shots i had. There's only 1 check on the completed Series column and the rest are tagged *Insufficient Time Interval* ( for the HPV-w/c i have completed btw, from a diffrent OB, Vacirella and Tdap)

So, is my medical complete or incomplete?

still confused

BTW: i saw,just now that my Measles and Mumps Vaccine is left blank.what does that mean?

K1

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks to Krikit for creating these faqs!

Q: Do I need to complete another full medical to adjust status?

Per Section 1245.5 in the Code of Federal Regulations, a medical examination shall not be required of an applicant for adjustment of status who entered the United States as a non-immigrant spouse, fiancée, or fiancée of a United States citizen or the child of such an alien as defined in section 101(a)(15)(K) of the Act and §214.2(k) of 8 CFR chapter I if the applicant was medically examined prior to, and as a condition of, the issuance of the non-immigrant visa; provided that the medical examination occurred not more than 1 year prior to the date of application for adjustment of status.

Q: I received an RFE for Form I-693 and my medical is less than one year old.

Sometimes the medical gets "lost" during the transfer. It is entirely possible that you may receive an RFE for the vaccination supplement (Form I-693), and possibly even for the full medical (Form I-693), even if the medical is current. Here is a helpful post from someone who was able to relocate a lost medical.

To find a Civil Surgeon in your area you can link here to use the USCIS Civil Surgeons Locator.

To have your vaccination information transcribed to Form I-693, the following Civil Surgeon will do it by phone and fax for a nominal fee ($10 at time of writing):

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Suite 106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Something to note if you are yet to have your medical: If you have not yet had your medical prior to visa issuance, make sure to ask the Panel Physician if they will supply you with a copy of your full medical prior to scheduling. If they will not provide one for you, call another Panel Physician. If you cannot find a Panel Physician who will provide you with a copy of your medical, or if you have already had your medical and were not supplied with a copy, try asking the officer for one at the POE.

HI, I'm from philippines,

i arrived here last april 19-09

my entry is K-1 visa

i got married last may 19,09

i would like to know if do i have to go another medical examination?

i have my medical last jan,-09 in the philippines

its not expired yet.

pls, help me...

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

FYI: Dr. Michael Cobble, of Sandy, Salt Lake City, transcribed my I-693 for only $25, beating Dr. Arnold :) They did, however, send me to SLC Public Health Clinic to get a Hep B vaccine ($45, but he didn't benefit from that personally) that the CS in Vancouver had checked off as "Age Inappropriate".

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
FYI: Dr. Michael Cobble, of Sandy, Salt Lake City, transcribed my I-693 for only $25, beating Dr. Arnold :) They did, however, send me to SLC Public Health Clinic to get a Hep B vaccine ($45, but he didn't benefit from that personally) that the CS in Vancouver had checked off as "Age Inappropriate".

Thanks for the info. I filled out the contact for on his website (http://www.canyonsmedical.com/page7.php) to request process & pricing info, to see if he consistently charges $25.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Yesterday, in Physicians Immediate Care - Chicago, doctor transcribed my I-693 for only $25 :yes:

N-400: filled online on May 8th, 2021

Biometric Reuse Notice: May 8th, 2021
Interview: May 10th, 2022 - Interview De-Scheduled

Interview rescheduled on May 11th, 2022

New Interview: Jun 27th, 2022 - Approved 🥳

Oath Ceremony: July 14th, 2022

It seems like there are more and more reports lately about doctors transcribing the vaccinations at a reasonable cost, without doing the full exam.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My wife is about to do her medical for her upcoming k3 interview..

Has anyone ever tried asking the doctors for two envelopes? one to give consulate, one to keep for the eventual f**kup the USCIS does in the states?

See "About Me" for full timeline.

K3 Interview: 2009-12-16 - Approved

K3 visa in hand: 2009-12-18

POE Newark: 2009-12-20

EAD & AOS Timeline:

Submitted EAD & AOS: 2010-01-22

NOA1 EAD & AOS: 2010-02-02

RFE AOS: 2010-02-10

Biometrics: 2010-02-26

RFE Response Snt: 2010-03-02

RFE Response RCV: 2010-03-11

EAD Approved: 2010-03-30

EAD Received: 2010-04-01

AOS Interview: 2010-04-28

AOS Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I had my K1 visa medical last week, and for the TB portion, I had the chest xray done, no mention of a skin test. I had a skin test as a child, and it came back negative, but I have no proof of that. But, I did have a blood test done at my medical, and on the vaccination supplement, it mentions something called an Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA), a blood test for TB. Is it possible that I had that test? Or, when I get my results, should I ask the doctor to perform a TB test, because it is required. I am very confused!

Or is the skin test not even needed anymore? It's been more than a year than it was introduced, you would think that all the Panel Physicians would be on top of their game and would be doing it as part of the medical. Lastly, can I just get a TB skin test done at my local GP, and submit that as part of the supplement when I do AOS?

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.