Boss##♡

US Citizen Spouse denied visa US Embassy Ghana

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

I filed I-130 petition with USICS, March 9th 2017 for my Husband to come home with me in Georgia. My I-130 petition was approved by USICS in August, 2017. NVC sent our case to Embassy in Ghana for my husband immigrant visa processing to come to the US.  My husband interview was in January. He was denied visa under 212 (a) (4).

I wrote US Embassy in Ghana and my Congressman also wrote the Embassy on my behalf, asking Embassy to show proof to support their decision that my Husband will BECOME a public charge in America. The US Embassy first response to me was that my Husband was denied under 214 B Non Immigrant Visa and his case is closed. They listed on their website that visa was refused.

I responded back to the US Embassy in Ghana that he did not apply for a non-immigrant visa. I advised them my I-130 petition was approved by USICS for my husband to live in the USA permanently. February, 7th 2018 US Embassy reply to me and my Congressman thru email and their call center informed me to send my husband Passport and any documents of my own choice. 

My Husband is Ghanaian. I am American, born in New York City.

I advised the US Embassy in Ghana and also my Congressman sent letters to US Embassy that I filed for immigrant visa, my I-130 Petition was approved and I helped my husband overcome public charge by submitting IRS tax transcripts, 401K account showing $25k, NYC Pension account that is vested at $30k, life insurance policies at $200k, 2017 annual income of $31k, bank accounts, investment accounts and Affidavit of Support. Our Family household size is 2. My parents are deceased and no children. I never lived off of welfare or anytype of Government assistance. My total debt, car, house, student loans credit cards is at $51k. I am paying monthly on reducing my debt. I owe no back taxes and I am a law abiding US Citizen. We own property and land in Ghana we have bank accounts in Ghana and my Husband is a professional Footballer registed with Ghana Football Assoc and under contract until June, 2018. We are not poor and USA welfare cannot support our lifestyle. So the US Embassy telling me that my Husband will BECOME a public charge is a blatant bold faced lie!

We asked the US Embassy in Ghana to give us a written explaination on what documents did the CO use to come to the conclusion my Husband will BECOME a public charge in the USA. To date no answer from Embassy. The only response from Embassy in Ghana to me and my Congressman is that his visa case is under review and in que for a CO to review. Its the end of March now. Still showing on their website as refused and still no answers from US Embassy in Ghana.

What is my next move? Please help. Thank you.

I am a college graduate. I want a family and the US Embassy is delaying Us. They have no legal basis to deny my Husband visa for him to enter the US legally. If my Husband was in the USA he would of had his green card since August when USICS approved my I-130 petition. 

The US EMBASSY in Ghana is a unlawful, unethical place. They are abusing their authority and destroying Families. Enough is Enough. I will fight all the way to the Supreme Court of the US to end this injustice that this Embassy in Ghana is doing. Nothing we did was for free. We paid immigration fees, affidavit of Support, medical, police certifications and $355 for that visa. I will fight!!

6 minutes ago, Boss##♡ said:

I filed I-130 petition with USICS, March 9th 2017 for my Husband to come home with me in Georgia. My I-130 petition was approved by USICS in August, 2017. NVC sent our case to Embassy in Ghana for my husband immigrant visa processing to come to the US.  My husband interview was in January. He was denied visa under 212 (a) (4).

I wrote US Embassy in Ghana and my Congressman also wrote the Embassy on my behalf, asking Embassy to show proof to support their decision that my Husband will BECOME a public charge in America. The US Embassy first response to me was that my Husband was denied under 214 B Non Immigrant Visa and his case is closed. They listed on their website that visa was refused.

I responded back to the US Embassy in Ghana that he did not apply for a non-immigrant visa. I advised them my I-130 petition was approved by USICS for my husband to live in the USA permanently. February, 7th 2018 US Embassy reply to me and my Congressman thru email and their call center informed me to send my husband Passport and any documents of my own choice. 

My Husband is Ghanaian. I am American, born in New York City.

I advised the US Embassy in Ghana and also my Congressman sent letters to US Embassy that I filed for immigrant visa, my I-130 Petition was approved and I helped my husband overcome public charge by submitting IRS tax transcripts, 401K account showing $25k, NYC Pension account that is vested at $30k, life insurance policies at $200k, 2017 annual income of $31k, bank accounts, investment accounts and Affidavit of Support. Our Family household size is 2. My parents are deceased and no children. I never lived off of welfare or anytype of Government assistance. My total debt, car, house, student loans credit cards is at $51k. I am paying monthly on reducing my debt. I owe no back taxes and I am a law abiding US Citizen. We own property and land in Ghana we have bank accounts in Ghana and my Husband is a professional Footballer registed with Ghana Football Assoc and under contract until June, 2018. We are not poor and USA welfare cannot support our lifestyle. So the US Embassy telling me that my Husband will BECOME a public charge is a blatant bold faced lie!

We asked the US Embassy in Ghana to give us a written explaination on what documents did the CO use to come to the conclusion my Husband will BECOME a public charge in the USA. To date no answer from Embassy. The only response from Embassy in Ghana to me and my Congressman is that his visa case is under review and in que for a CO to review. Its the end of March now. Still showing on their website as refused and still no answers from US Embassy in Ghana.

What is my next move? Please help. Thank you.

I am a college graduate. I want a family and the US Embassy is delaying Us. They have no legal basis to deny my Husband visa for him to enter the US legally. If my Husband was in the USA he would of had his green card since August when USICS approved my I-130 petition. 

The US EMBASSY in Ghana is a unlawful, unethical place. They are abusing their authority and destroying Families. Enough is Enough. I will fight all the way to the Supreme Court of the US to end this injustice that this Embassy in Ghana is doing. Nothing we did was for free. We paid immigration fees, affidavit of Support, medical, police certifications and $355 for that visa. I will fight!!

This sounds awfully a lot like the one from yesterday.

Filed: Other Timeline

2 minutes ago, abum said:

I think the OP of that thread is her husband.

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I think the OP of that thread is her husband.

Both OPs have not mentioned the age difference, religious backgrounds and if the USC has been to Ghana from both threads

1 minute ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Actually if you read them you will tell she has been to Ghana but the other things she has not mentioned. This happens a lot here actually because people will post about getting mad at the US Embassy because they discriminated against their love one because of age, race, or religion. But usually when we delve deeper in to the matter there is some other underlying reason why the fiancé/spouse got denied.

I must've missed that part, I just can't help but feel there's something else (or missing?) about OPs case. I hope that OP can sort out whatever it needs to be done to be with her spouse.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mr&mrshinds said:

Both OPs have not mentioned the age difference, religious backgrounds and if the USC has been to Ghana from both threads

There is no age difference. Their is no religion involved. My Husband don't go to Church. We are not Muslims, Christians, Jews or whatever else religion you want to throw out there. Nothing is wrong with Us. Its that we met fell in love married and want to settle in US to live. We did nothing.  That Embassy in Ghana is just as lawless as the country Ghana is. We did everything legally. This is Why my Congressman is writing on my behalf. So stop your conspiracy theory. My rights as a US Citizen is being violated by a Lawless unethical US Embassy in Ghana. So if you cant answer the question. Move off the post. I need people who have solutions. Not those who are posting to point blame on Us. And Yes That is my Husband and I am his wife. What else you want to know. 

2 minutes ago, Boss##♡ said:

There is no age difference. Their is no religion involved. My Husband don't go to Church. We are not Muslims, Christians, Jews or whatever else religion you want to throw out there. Nothing is wrong with Us. Its that we met fell in love married and want to settle in US to live. We did nothing.  That Embassy in Ghana is just as lawless as the country Ghana is. We did everything legally. This is Why my Congressman is writing on my behalf. So stop your conspiracy theory. My rights as a US Citizen is being violated by a Lawless unethical US Embassy in Ghana. So if you cant answer the question. Move off the post. I need people who have solutions. Not those who are posting to point blame on Us. And Yes That is my Husband and I am his wife. What else you want to know. 

No need to be hostile OP and no one is blaming you or your spouse. 

6 minutes ago, Boss##♡ said:

Well we asked because it is pretty common in Ghana to be denied due to a large age gap, religion. Ghana is a notoriously hard embassy to get approvals out of and that's why we are asking to see what is going on because usually a OP like husband did before won't go into details but expect help right away. We were asking your husband if he was actually denied or is in AP right now and he did not know that. So were you actually denied?

Filed: Other Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boss##♡ said:

so officially both of you are not associated with any faith/religion (on paper, community etc)? 

And there is not age gap? (both of you and your spouse are the same age?)

14 minutes ago, Boss##♡ said:

Actually, yeah. Why make 2 separate threads OP? 

Timeline

After my emails and after my Congressman emails and phone calls to US Embassy, the Embassy asked for his PASSPORT in February. He was refused visa at his interview in January. 

Last response to Congressman from Embassy was February 12th saying, they are reviewing the case and its in cue for CO to review. The Embassy also said that they do not know why their website is saying refused for his visa. I noticed the case status date keep changing but nothing from Embassy. They are saying its under review. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.