4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
51 minutes ago, kas634 said:

USPS Informed Delivery will also help, when you sign up they send you scans of the letters/envelopes you're receiving for the day :) I've heard of a handful of cases where Informed Delivery didn't notify them of a USCIS letter, but generally it works..

This is really good to know.

Just signed up for the USPS Informed Delivery service.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, we are 155 days and waiting

In our video call this night my fiance and I talked us about this process and we had a doubt after  K1, move,  get married, and adjustment status, How much time we could apply for citizen process? We are not sure if is 2 or 3 years , only was a doubt we had 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
11 hours ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

Not at this point.

I could be wrong, but I think that the app will be updated once the USCIS NOA2 or REF's have been mailed out.

That would be my guess, so I really do not check the USCIS app often, because I am expecting to receive my notice in the mail before the application on my phone is updated.

The reason I think this, is if the app is updated as soon as the status changes. Then people with RFEs will be flooding in calls inquiring what the RFE is about vs just waiting to see what the RFE document states.

That is just my two cents.

It doesn't work that way because once you get approval there's no need for them to update the status online. The online status update is to let you know before you get that mail. And no they are not updating cases after they mail it out. I have cases that are approved and sitting as received for months now. Once you have a noa2 the case moves to NVC and you never use that wac number ever again. (But keep the noa2 paper cause you will need it when adjusting the status)

for rfes; you cannot call and ask what an rfe is for. They don't answer to that question so you have to wait for the mail. Up till lately, before these backlogs they updated it correctly. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

In our video call this night my fiance and I talked us about this process and we had a doubt after  K1, move,  get married, and adjustment status, How much time we could apply for citizen process? We are not sure if is 2 or 3 years , only was a doubt we had 

For people who are married to a Us citizen it is 3 years 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
39 minutes ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

34 minutes ago, Naes said:

For people who are married to a Us citizen it is 3 years 

3 years like Naes said and Well first NOA2 

Regards all   :)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, I&A2017 said:

3 years like Naes said and Well first NOA2 

How many more noas we will wait till then 🙈😁

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This question has probably been answered but which form must we fill out for affidavit of support, and if using a sponsor they also fill out a form correct? is it the same one that i must filled out? 

9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

This question has probably been answered but which form must we fill out for affidavit of support, and if using a sponsor they also fill out a form correct? is it the same one that i must filled out?

I-134 for the K-1. Each sponsor would fill it out and provide supporting documentation.

For AOS later, it's the I-864 instead.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 16/01/2018 at 12:32 AM, kas634 said:

Same here.. We'd been told a March POE by our lawyer when we first filed. I hadn't been on VJ for a while until this past Christmas and seeing all the delays really got me down.. But hey, at least they're on July now! 

Ditto. When we filed in August, the POA2 should have been done in December and all other average timelines pointed to POE in March. I'd been mentally planning for that, and now feel so shocked and out of sorts that we may be in June (if we're lucky). 

Edited by CaptainAmerica

Ya'll think we have any chance of receiving NOA2 this month or the beginning of next month? 

How far have they reached for NOA2's? 

Approval rates looking hopeful? Or are there denials? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
41 minutes ago, CAPW said:

Ya'll think we have any chance of receiving NOA2 this month or the beginning of next month? 

How far have they reached for NOA2's? 

Approval rates looking hopeful? Or are there denials? 

Rumor has it that they are processing July 12th or thereabouts right now. Check your timeline for time estimate but  I’m guessing us August people won’t see anything in our mailboxes till end of Feb or  early March based on my own timeline ( NOA1 August 10th ) but if you believe in magic there may still be a chance! Me, I always side with magic as it’s what get me through most things!  ( don’t forget though there is also Presidents’ Day to throw into the mix in February so that will also mean another no work day at USCIS) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

this is probably a really stupid question, but i am confused on my uscis says that on August 31st we received your form i-129f  but on the paper that i got through mail there are two dates one that says "received date" August 31 and the other Notice date September 05. I dont know which one do i go by? 

please help, i am confused now /=

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jesus said:

this is probably a really stupid question, but i am confused on my uscis says that on August 31st we received your form i-129f  but on the paper that i got through mail there are two dates one that says "received date" August 31 and the other Notice date September 05. I dont know which one do i go by? 

please help, i am confused now /=

I think that means you are an August 31st filer?   Mine said that it was received on August 8th and I consider myself an August 8th filer, but the hard copy NOA1 has the 10th as the date.  It doesn't matter because in the end, it is a matter of two days and it is going to come when God wants it to anyway.

Edited by noraliz73
more info

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.