jessiepatt

32 year age gap - older American woman

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Since it now appears that I will have sent a message to immigration that our swift engagement was due to immigration purposes as opposed to personal love reasons, is there a way to withdraw the petition without a negative mark on a future spousal visa attempt, or another fiancé visa attempt? If time passed and we had at least another visit, more involvement with our families, with a new package it seems that could be more realistic than going through the grueling process of this thin ice situation we've proposed.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

FYI - I already filed the I-129f in December. I have only been in person with him for 3 days, but I've spent every day with him through digital means since the beginning. I'm now feeling the potential for denial, or expiration - for this petition, no matter what I do. With my young daughter invoked, and both of our need to be together, waiting feels like a major drain on us too. Now I'm just feeling stuck and deflated, sad and exhausted. I'm not sure I can face a denial, and not sure he can endure this either. Our love is on the line, and that's what matters most. No easy answers.

Hello and first I want to say I wish you all the best and hope that everything works out for you. I've read this whole thread and there were some words in ur post that hit me.

What should matter the most is ur 9 year old impressionable daughter! IF and I say IF this turns out scam and he comes here on fraud what would that do to her. How would that effect her??! Her well being is on the line not just ur love.

Waiting is a drain?? How much will it drain u emotionally and financially IF this is fraud?

You talk on web cam everyday. I know a girl who is a friend from this site. She talked to her foreign fiancé everyday all day. Ended up scammed, he had a girl in his home country and its a huge mess. In some places it is like a job. It becomes like a job to them to make sure they talk to you everyday, tell u want u want to hear, be sweet and loving. Please be careful.

I am not trying to be negative or doubt ur love. I am in no place to judge. I am 12 years older than my fiancé. I have been to Jamaica 4x since we met and will be going again in a few months. Slow down please. Be careful. Get to know his family his friends his life. Make him take you to his home town. Stay with him when you visit. Then watch how he treats you and his behaviors. I'm sorry a couple days won't be sufficient.

Think about yourself and your daughter. He maybe caring and kind towards you but is it really the relationship you want? Young men want children. Is it really ok with you if he has outside children with someone else after he's here?

Best wishes to you.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Since it now appears that I will have sent a message to immigration that our swift engagement was due to immigration purposes as opposed to personal love reasons, is there a way to withdraw the petition without a negative mark on a future spousal visa attempt, or another fiancé visa attempt? If time passed and we had at least another visit, more involvement with our families, with a new package it seems that could be more realistic than going through the grueling process of this thin ice situation we've proposed.

Having gone through the process to withdraw a petition myself, I would not recommend it unless you are terminating the relationship or you actually do plan to get married and file the CR1. If you only want to withdraw to refile for the K1 later, I would not advise it. It took a long time to get confirmation that my petition was withdrawn. Also, I think it could send mixed messages to withdraw this petition only to send another K1 in the future. Best thing you can do is make a few more visits and quick!

Good Luck on your journey

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree. Finish out the K1. Do your best to prove a bonafide relationship in every way. CR1 can be your back up plan!

Best of luck, love, and happiness!

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Wow, Lioness. I really hear your heartfelt concern. K1 first process, CR1, second. More visits and slower pace. I am 100% invested, as my heart easily goes all in. To observe him is my responsibility for myself and my sweet little girl. And, no, kids outside of our marriage is not an acceptable option for me! I have voiced that and we have come to an agreement on that issue. Thanks for your thoughts and info. (Not simple or easy, but well worth the effort!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

i hope this doesn't offend you, but i swear, every time i read of cases like this, i think of Dani and Mohammed off 90 DF... please please please protect yourself first!

event.png

I would like to know is there any couple where foreign fiance is much older than her handsome and young boyfriend-petitioner? I'm just thinking about it...

Only in Africa and poor Arab coutries.

For some reason, noone in a first world country things age is just a number, lol.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I find it funny how people freak out about age no matter how large it is yet I have not found or seen one person who was denied because she was older than him. The CO's are looking for a bonafide relationship plain and simple. Show that with FACETIME. 4 days is not a relationship that's a fling. Visit communicate its that simple.

I have friends coming out of many African countries mainly Lagos and have as much as a 40 year difference and it was no wahala(problem). No issue age wasn't mentioned. Having kids wasn't mentioned. Some of the men were asked why marry an American when you have all these country women. They answered from their hearts. Be real show real life you will be fine.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

If you give them the bolded reason, that your swift engagement was for immigration purposes as opposed to love, it reads like you just admitted to

fraud and it will definitely bite you in the butt later. You can't word it like that !

Getting approved from USCIS is easy, the hard part starts at the embassy level with the interview.

I wouldn't withdraw UNLESS you feel you really do need much more time to get to know him and have doubts now.

Instead visit again and longer asap, two more times would be better than one, stay in his home town and meet the family.

The longer it takes the more his personality may change and the more inconsistencies you may notice so waiting a long time, getting denied

and starting over can be a blessing in disguise and his real colors may show. Why the hurry ?

Slow down, take a deep breath and if this is the real thing then no matter how many years it takes you will be together.

It took us 5 years. It was a test we passed and that is all that counts and we are stronger for it now. Buckle your seat belt and enjoy the ride.

This journey is not for sissies, it's tough, a roller coaster ride from hell. Are you up for the potholes along the way ? The set backs ?

If you say you can't bear a denial now then don't even start.

If you want to withdraw just withdraw without the reason you mentioned.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Thank you for the supportive words. Now our challenge is not having enough extra money to afford lots of visits. I really had a shoe string budget for the trip I did make, and being new to this concept I only understood that meeting in person was the minimum required. We can't prove how beautiful we feel our love is, and we can't afford lots of trips. I can't see myself with anyone else, and I now am having dashed dreams and plans for us. This day's challenges are very big. But I know that nothing is too big for God. Gotta go through the process - feelings and all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Long distance relationships are not cheap, perhaps he can help you out with the travel costs, helps if your Daughter has visited as well.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The financial burden is on me. It is an opportunity of a lifetime for both of us, in different ways, but I'm just not sure how to proceed. Prayers are in order, decisions are to be made. For sure...this forum is enlightening and has opened a shelf full of canned worms! ? In God's time, I pray - in God's will, I strive.

Timeline

Yes! My life has been a late bloomer situation, that's why it's challenging for me to act my age! Her dad and I were separated for 2 years and now divorced for 3. What a huge blessing this engagement has been for all 3 of us, (him, me and my daughter that is) but...learning more about the Ghanaian consulate has me pretty perplexed!!!

I just read this whole thread, and one thing that nobody has asked yet is whether you have hired an immigration lawyer? In a case like this where apparently there is going to be a high risk of denial, I think it would be worth the investment to have a top notch experienced lawyer working with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.