EandH0904

Administrative Processing- Can we appeal?

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My fiancé has his interview this morning in Casablanca and was out in AP. They did not want to see any information, the interview lasted about 5 minutes and was mostly focused on why we didn't get married in Morocco, why he was looking for a girl online (he wasn't, we met on a website for language instruction) and why he would want to marry a woman 17 years older than him, they said it wasn't "normal" for a man in Morocco to marry a woman so much older. 

Is there a way we can appeal this AP as soon as possible? I will be in Morocco the 11th-20th and would want to go to the Embassy with him if possible. My concern is if we let the case come to the US it will sit indefinitely and die here. I know it's not a no but it feels like one. They did not keep his passport and he said the guy kept asking questions and did not let him answer them. 

What is our next step? Can I do anything in country? Please give me hope! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is it getting sent back or in AP because those are not the same thing. 

If in AP then do not get married just wait it out. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

It got sent back to AP. I know it's not a no, it feels like it though based on them not asking for any info or keeping his passport. I understand a lot of people get put in AP and we just have to wait, but since I am there next week I wanted every opportunity to get out of AP. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AP means they are suspicious and want to check things out.  I think the worse case was a user Sara who waited out years of AP , but eventually the relationship died .  The only result from trying to push AP to end is denial , due to them not being satisfied with whatever bugs them.  

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

You need to fully understand what AP is. We know it has a broad scope and can be confusing for people. But most times AP is normal processing things like paperwork. Sometimes people send a huge pile of several 100 pages of documents for their case. These files will have to archived. What if they are waiting for a background check that hasn't come through yet because the police department is delayed in sending it?

AP is used for anything that is needed to process your case properly. There is literally nothing you can do to force your case out of AP. AP means they are doing their work. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Wonder why they said it is not normal?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

My concern is that they told him that this was "not normal" and when he mentioned that he had joined the language website to improve his English and help him get a job in Morocco, they asked was he still unemployed. When he said yes, they said something to the effect of how that obviously didn't work out for him. 

Timeline

Does he have family money, immigration is not cheap?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

From what I have seen with other cases from Morocco it isn't normal for Moroccan man to marry a women many years older than him. Those Embassies are well versed in local cultures. Maybe there want to be sure he has legitimate intentions.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

I have not kept count, but judging from what I have seen on this site, most petitioners are older and female.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I have not kept count, but judging from what I have seen on this site, most petitioners are older and female.

But most get approved. I know we didn't get denied (yet) but they didn't want to see any info at all. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is extremely frustrating to hear. I saw through the Morocco portal that your interview was coming up and I was really hoping to see some positive news from your fiancé's interview. From what I've read here on VJ I don't think you going to the consulate with him will help you get out of AP any faster. Since AP is common in Morocco and other MENA countries, personally if I were in your situation I would wait about a month or 2 before deciding the next step, as it could be that they are just doing a more detailed background check since you didn't get a flat out denial. I don't know much about your relationship details, but it seems as if the officer did not believe your relationship is bonafide. How much time did you spend together in person? As other have suggested, more face time, getting married in Morocco and filing a CR1 may be a better route for you if nothing comes out of the AP in the next few weeks or months. 

I'm really hoping the best for you and your fiancé, and seeing this makes me even more nervous for my fiancé's potential interview...

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you frontload your petition?  How much facetime have you had? Are you the same religion?

It may be normal for some older women to petition for younger men here on VJ, but what is the norm for the country? Do younger men normally marry older Moroccan women?  Are you of child bearing age?

There is nothing youcan do right now.  You cannot appeal AP.  Wait it out a few weeks and see what happens.  If still in AP, you can consider going there, get married, and file CR1.  HOWEVER, if you choose to do that please take time to build a stronger relationship evidence case.  Address any red flags.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.