LearningLesson

What do you think? Marriage Fraud?? Help!!!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I married my husband after being friends so I thought with him for almost 3 years by way of phone and internet. He was very nice and humble and we had great communication and never argued. I went to Jamaica and visited him and he took me to meet his family and introduced me to a few of his friends. We had been discussing getting married and being together for a while. I married him and was down there with him for almost a month. When I came home I started on the paper work for both him and my step daughter. He never had a lot of money so I never really asked for help with the process but he never offered to help either. When we were married he never invited anyone in his family to come to the wedding not even his daughter who was 15 at the time. I was the one who told her that we had gotten married cause he never mentioned it to her after we got back to the house. After they came to america almost a year after we were married everything was fine for the first few months then he begin to change. He went from being sweet and humble to mean and arrogant. He talks disrespectfully to me and his daughter and gets upset when I respond back to him in the same manner. I have caught him on the internet having conversations with both women and transsexual men. He gave me some dumb excuse like he was just playing?? I helped him get a job and a car even bought him a gps so that he could get around. When he started getting his money at first I never asked him to help with bills and again he never offered. So after a month or two I told him to start paying one bill, he did. Now the whole time he has been here he has not bought his daughter anything and anytime she needs something he tells her to ask me. I have no problem doing anything for her but I don't want to be taken advantage of either. He texted me one day and told me that he was going to be staying late for work and I said ok.. Well then his job called our house phone and told me that when he left he forgot to leave a key. I called him and didn't get a answer then texted and asked was he busy, he then called me back and said he was a little busy. I asked was he still at work and he said yes, that when I told him that his job had just called and asked about a key he took. Then he hung up on me and called his job and was asking them to lie for him. I know this because his job had me still on the other line and I heard the whole conversation. He doesn't like doing things with me and his daughter as a family and we argue all the time. After us hitting the 2 year mark of marriage he finally decides to leave the marriage for good and left his daughter with me. He has not been the same person I knew before since he got comfortable in america. He talks bad about american people because of the Jamaicans he has met here put things in his head. But this american has helped him more than anyone he knows. He then started taping our arguments but only the part where I cuss him out for talking to me crazy which I think he is trying to pull the whole abusive U.S Citizen Spouse thing to be able to waive me needing to be there for the removal conditions. I have been going through hell with this man and he is trying to make it seem as though he is the victim. I have had to leave my house in the middle of the night one time because he threatened to kill us all. Himself the daughter and me. She is scared of him and even though it is her dad she doesn't want to live with him! Any advice???

45gxhr9.png

You married on your first meeting after being friends? How quickly did things turn romantic?

When he threatened to kill you, why didn't you call the cops?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I did call the cops but I only talked to one on the phone and they suggested me leaving and us going to counselling if I didn't want to press charges on him. I left... and my step daughter and I went to my parent house. I was not trying to get him arrested I just didn't want to be threatened and sleep in the house with someone who just made that threat. They never made a report just talked to me over the phone and gave me advice.

45gxhr9.png

Timeline

My step daughter doesn't have anyone but him, right now he is not even talking to her because he thinks she has taken my side. When really she is upset with him for her own reasons.. I don't want her to have to go back with him and she is almost 18. She is scared of him and I fear for her going back to Jamaica she cannot take care of herself. I cannot get a restraining order because she is here.

45gxhr9.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Being a jerk of a guy is not the same as being fraud.... He can file for removal of conditions without you based on good faith marriage so no reason to pull the VAWA abusive spouse thing... Send his daughter back, divorce and change the locks if it is your house... As I can see, it is more if a case of him being an a$$h0le not fraudster... Sorry but time to pick up,the pieces and start fresh.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

I think it's more than being a jerk when you pretend to be someone else other than the person you really are to get someone to marry you. Then after you come to the states you all of a sudden change. For you to act like you are in love with someone to get what u want is more than being a jerk I think. Soon as he gets here is was on the internet chatting with people trying to hook up with them. I could be wrong but it seems like fraud to me. That's why I wanted different peoples perspective... Thanks for your thoughts on the matter

45gxhr9.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Really what does it matter if it is fraud or he is a jerk? File for divorce, get a restraining order, and decide what to do about the daughter. He can ROC with a divorce waiver although it sounds like he doesn't know this and is setting you up for domestic violence charges.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Really what does it matter if it is fraud or he is a jerk? File for divorce, get a restraining order, and decide what to do about the daughter. He can ROC with a divorce waiver although it sounds like he doesn't know this and is setting you up for domestic violence charges.

I agree the only person who would know id him and he is not saying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When does she turn 18? She can make her own decision of what she wants to do, she will be her own legal guardian. That is really irrelevent to your safety. You are asking if its fraud, there is no way to know because you werent acting like partners in a marriage, where everything is 50/50. He took on a dfferent role and you allowed him. Also, you already had clues that it wasn't up and up when u got married in JA?

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

She will be 18 in March, and about the financial part of everything he didn't have the money to go 50/50 with me on things in the beginning, I knew that. As far as knowing everything wasn't on the up and up I didn't know that or I would have never married him. He didn't invite his daughter to the wedding I felt that was odd. Other than that he was a completely different person so there was no way to know. I never seen this side of him now until he got here. My stepdaughter said she wanted to warn me about him but couldn't. I know I have gotten myself into a situation I never thought I would be in. But who knows what peoples intentions are until they show them. Thanks for taking interest and I appreciate all the feed back

45gxhr9.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All I can say is that there's no way I would have someone living in my house that would say they want to kill me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

He didn't invite his daughter to the wedding I felt that was odd.

My stepdaughter said she wanted to warn me about him but couldn't.

That's what a con man is going to do: Keep people from getting together and comparing notes.

It's too late. He got in. You don't have evidence that is going to interest immigration authorities. You have to just get on with your life. Divorce him and move on.

Timeline

All I can say is that there's no way I would have someone living in my house that would say they want to kill me.

He doesn't live with me anymore

45gxhr9.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

He didn't change. He was acting all alone for the big prize (Green Card).

The sooner you get rid of off him, the sooner you can start a new life.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.