autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

I would go with a pro-immigrant Congress person (rep or senator), and whoever has the easiest process (email/online vs mail/fax). No sample letter, but I'd stress that you've been waiting double the processing time to hear about your EAD/AP and you urgently need it. If you have any urgent need that you can mention, that might help (e.g. severe financial loss). And fill out the Ombudsman form online! It's really easy. Get that ball rolling asap. 

@Hamilton, your case is giving me hope! I just reached out to the Ombudsman. I'm on day 184 at the moment and desperately need my EAD to start applying to jobs. 

Edited by bli

August 28, 2017: Priority Date

September 5, 2017: AOS Notice of Action

September 8, 2017: Biometric Notice of Action letter 

September 29, 2017: Biometric done

January 26, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - was told nothing useful

February 16, 2018: Service request made. Hasn't been assigned.

February 23, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - officer emailed NBC regarding urgency of EAD

March 2, 2018: EAD in production on day 186 (e-notification) :D 

March 7, 2018: EAD mailed out (e-notification) :D 

March 12, 2018: EAD RECEIVED!!!

32 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

YEAAAAAAH BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something to look forward to once you get that RFIE response in!!

27 minutes ago, bli said:

@Hamilton, your case is giving me hope! I just reached out to the Ombudsman. I'm on day 184 at the moment and desperately need my EAD to start applying to jobs. 

Good luck!! And you don't need the EAD to apply for jobs. A job offer could help you expedite the process! It works for some folks.

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, T_P said:

Group I have been a little bit away from the forum, but it is for an awesome reason. I am excited to be able to share some good news with you all specially considering the support you`ve all provided not only me but each other throughout of this phase.

1. I got a awesome job and started last monday.
  2. My interview was last week, Feb 26 and we were approved on the spot. :D

We are just super happy and I wanted to share this as quick as possible with you all. I will create a detailed feedback regarding my interview (for now, refer to my signature) process and post here soon, meanwhile I just want to thank all of you @Aviinashh @izavox @Hamilton @GoodVibesOnly @Jesusboy @Texasfiler @adipo21 @mustang85635 @Canelita @PR&PR...and Im sure I am forgetting people but from the hart THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT.

I will keep around as much as I can and trying to help future K1 and AOS applicants as well.

Much Love and Peace to you all.

Congrats :)  @T_P good luck with your new job and enjoy your life :) god bless you and your family and yes do comeback and keep helping more and more K1 applicants and AOS applicants am sure that's what our peers have done :) 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, T_P said:

Group I have been a little bit away from the forum, but it is for an awesome reason. I am excited to be able to share some good news with you all specially considering the support you`ve all provided not only me but each other throughout of this phase.

1. I got a awesome job and started last monday.
  2. My interview was last week, Feb 26 and we were approved on the spot. :D

We are just super happy and I wanted to share this as quick as possible with you all. I will create a detailed feedback regarding my interview (for now, refer to my signature) process and post here soon, meanwhile I just want to thank all of you @Aviinashh @izavox @Hamilton @GoodVibesOnly @Jesusboy @Texasfiler @adipo21 @mustang85635 @Canelita @PR&PR...and Im sure I am forgetting people but from the hart THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT.

I will keep around as much as I can and trying to help future K1 and AOS applicants as well.

Much Love and Peace to you all.

Yay  friend 🎉 how awesome 😊 Big Congratulations !!!

Timeline
17 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Hello everyone went for my Aos interview appointment was at 7:30 in morning everything went well got approved thank God🤗🤗🤗🤗. Just check my Aos status in the afternoon this what said 👇👇🤗🤗 so thankful to God and everyone that helped here with my questions and the encouragement. 

20180228_160026.png

Congratulations 🎉🙌🏼.

Timeline
On 2/25/2018 at 4:50 PM, Hamilton said:

Everyone -- how long does it take from the "Card is being produced" update on myUSCIS until you get the EAD/AP in the mail

For me 5 days card sent Feb-02 and  I received Feb-07-18 Hope you get your soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had a question that may not go here, but please direct me if applicable. My fiancé arrived in the USA last week and we will be getting married March 17 (K1 visa). My question is, where is she able to travel for our honeymoon? I would guess we could go to Hawaii as it is the USA....but what about an Alaskan Cruise that must make a stop in Canada. Or a Mexican cruise that leaves from Los Angeles. Not sure about the law here and don't want to get in trouble...Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
52 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

I had a question that may not go here, but please direct me if applicable. My fiancé arrived in the USA last week and we will be getting married March 17 (K1 visa). My question is, where is she able to travel for our honeymoon? I would guess we could go to Hawaii as it is the USA....but what about an Alaskan Cruise that must make a stop in Canada. Or a Mexican cruise that leaves from Los Angeles. Not sure about the law here and don't want to get in trouble...Thanks in advance for your answer(s).

I wouldn't chance leaving the US before he at the very least gets his advance parole card. In some, not all, cases this seems to be taking more than 6 months. 

Edited by Louv

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Aviinashh said:

From what we have seen and experienced, SR's have been of no use and according to my knowledge I don't think an applicant has spoken to someone superior than a tier 2 officer. 

that's true, its just frustrating.

• 08.07.2017 --->  I-485, I-765, I-131 Priority Mail

• 08.09.2017 --->  Package received

• 08.15.2017 --->  Received text messages and emails

• 08.15.2017 --->  Checks cashed

• 08.19.2017 --->  Received NOA1 all 3 hardcopies

• 08.25.2017 --->  Received biometrics letter

• 09.01.2017 --->  RFIE

• 09.07.2017 --->  Biometrics appointment

• 09.15.2017 --->  Received RFIE

• 10.05.2017 --->  Sent RFIE Response

• 10.07.2017 --->  USCIS Received RFIE Response

• 10.10.2017 --->  USCIS Status Update: Response to USCIS RFIE was received

• 03.19.2018 --->  Card in production *Day 221*

• 03.21.2018 --->  Card mailed out *Day 223*

• 03.23.2018 --->  Card in hand *Day 224*
• 10.26.2018 --->  Interview schedules *Day 442*

• 12.06.2018 --->  Interview Day

• 12.10.2018 --->  Needing new medical

• 01.03.2019 --->  Mailed new Medical

• 01.04.2019 ---> USCIS received medical

• 01.15.2019 --->  Card is in the mail *Day 523*

• 01.17.2019 --->  Card received *Day 525*

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ Have updated info, when the app doesn't update.

My card was officially mailed to me today! Planning to call USCIS tomorrow for the tracking number, hopefully they'll have one by then. 

Since it's priority mail, maybe I could get it by Monday or Tuesday... 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
14 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

For you who haven't heard a thing, no information, no updates and no RFE. Whats the last updates you have on your account online?

image.thumb.png.a6b06673de6617fdc206d1c22c5a856d.png

This is applicable to all the forms I submitted. Has not changed since fingerprints screening was done back in September. It's really frustrating. Reached out to Ombudsman 2 days ago.

Edited by bli

August 28, 2017: Priority Date

September 5, 2017: AOS Notice of Action

September 8, 2017: Biometric Notice of Action letter 

September 29, 2017: Biometric done

January 26, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - was told nothing useful

February 16, 2018: Service request made. Hasn't been assigned.

February 23, 2018: Infopass inquiry at field office - officer emailed NBC regarding urgency of EAD

March 2, 2018: EAD in production on day 186 (e-notification) :D 

March 7, 2018: EAD mailed out (e-notification) :D 

March 12, 2018: EAD RECEIVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.