4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jesus said:

POE meaning when we have our visa in our hand correct and come to the states? 

Yes - short for point of entry (when/where you enter the U.S.)

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Timeline
1 hour ago, CAPW said:

Hello August Filers , does anyone have a link to the timelines of which the USCIS is currently processing? Eg June 10th etc, also is there a link to see the approval rates thus far? I'm really hoping for an NOA2 this month of February - August 24th NOA1. 

Thank you 

The official USCIS processing times (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do) are usually incorrect so I follow this: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical

AOS/EAD:

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

Timeline
1 hour ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I'm considering doing the same (well, my fiance will need to!) in early February if NOA2 and NVC receipt dates aren't getting any healthier. What kind of response did you get?

Here's the response I got: 

Thank you for reaching out to my office concerning the difficulties you are experiencing with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regarding K-1 Fiance Visa Application. As your Congresswoman, it is one of my greatest honors to assist constituents like yourself with any issues involving federal agencies. I will be happy to help you in any way I can.

Before our office can look into this matter, the Privacy Act of 1974 requires that we obtain your written consent. Please complete the Privacy Release Form attached to this letter, include a description of your situation, case or file numbers, and attach any supporting information you believe would be helpful to clarify the matter.

Please keep in mind that Members of Congress cannot force an agency to expedite a case or act preferentially. We also cannot assist individuals in judicial matters, provide legal advice, or recommend an attorney. We can, however, facilitate the administrative processes and advocate for a favorable outcome.

so I just gave them consent - I'll let you know what happens!

AOS/EAD:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
7 hours ago, LizAndJayce said:

Our wedding date is set for July 22nd as well because it will be our second anniversary then...what a lovely coincidence! :D We are an August 31st filer so really wishing us all lots of patience and luck...and not having to move the planned wedding date!

I have been so depressed lately that I have not even been able to think about wedding plans or anything.  Now that they are on July and there is hope that NVC might be speeding up a bit, I am feeling so much more willing to start thinking about those things again.  I can't set a wedding date because I want to get married within the first week (we have been waiting too long already), but now I can shop with my daughter for an outfit and call the tea room and the court house to plan the logistics for whenever the date will be.  I would like to have an afternoon tea party with all the cute little sandwiches and ask about whether we should have a cupcake display, a small cake, or cookies, or what people usually do.  That tea room in Rhode Island gets five stars.  My fiance is Egyptian and he thought that idea was so silly and he thought the word quiche was pronounced the same as quickie.  It was hilarious!  It is awesome to have some excitement again!  I also want to get flowers for my mother and daughter even if it is just a courthouse.  I won't have any.  I only plan to have my parents and my three children.  I hope all of our dreams come true (I mean all of us on this forum no matter what month we filed and for what visa).  :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline
Just now, noraliz73 said:

I have been so depressed lately that I have not even been able to think about wedding plans or anything.  Now that they are on July and there is hope that NVC might be speeding up a bit, I am feeling so much more willing to start thinking about those things again.  I can't set a wedding date because I want to get married within the first week (we have been waiting too long already), but now I can shop with my daughter for an outfit and call the tea room and the court house to plan the logistics for whenever the date will be.  I would like to have an afternoon tea party with all the cute little sandwiches and ask about whether we should have a cupcake display, a small cake, or cookies, or what people usually do.  That tea room in Rhode Island gets five stars.  My fiance is Egyptian and he thought that idea was so silly and he thought the word quiche was pronounced the same as quickie.  It was hilarious!  It is awesome to have some excitement again!  I also want to get flowers for my mother and daughter even if it is just a courthouse.  I won't have any.  I only plan to have my parents and my three children.  I hope all of our dreams come true (I mean all of us on this forum no matter what month we filed and for what visa).  :wub:

An afternoon tea party after the ceremony sounds absolutely lovely! Where's my invite? jk :D I might actually steal that idea! And we all know how much it sucks to be away from our loved fiance(e)s BUT that shouldn't make us stop feeling excited about getting married to them really soon!! So YASSSSS to the dress and flower shopping ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, noraliz73 said:

did they start July already!?  I am depressed as well . And to add to the fact that my significant one is in a country where everything is turning to hell each day. There is scarcity of food, the insecurity, i fear for her life every day. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, they started July.  Sorry to hear about your fiancée's situation, Jesus.  I hope she will be here soon.  I really believe July will go by quickly because there were fewer applicants in July (I think) than in previous months.  I will pray for your fiancée later when I can focus better.  I'm Muslim but I pray like I always did when growing up, just having conversations in my head with God.  I don't really know any other way than that.  That doesn't really need a specific religion.  Feel free to private message me if you want to and I will listen.  I know that this lack of a timeline feels hopeless.  But at least my SO has food and shelter and is safe, I can only imagine how you and others in your situation feel.   If it helps, I think they will speed up. 

Yes, I like the tea party idea.  I really wish my Egyptian family and friends would be there.  I'm hoping that they will be able to come soon afterwards and maybe we can go to Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire and rent a cabin.  I know I spelled that incorrectly.  It is the best thing ever to have our fiancé(e)s here and show them stuff they have never seen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

This video totally bummed me out. I mean, it's obvious to think this administration has a lot to do with the slowdown, but now it feels personal. This guy makes it sound like uscis will start denying petitions left and right. My fiance and I are both living abroad (I applied from colombia...anyone else applying from abroad?), so although I'm lucky enough to be with my fiance, I've been here for nearly 4 years and I'm ready to go home! If he is denied, I feel like I can't even go back home to my family and friends.

That guy is wrong on so many items...or at least being (intentionally) misleading by neglecting details that some points only apply in certain circumstances.

Also, it was made (or at least published) last month using a timeline that is known to be off.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, noraliz73 said:

Yes, they started July.  Sorry to hear about your fiancée's situation, Jesus.  I hope she will be here soon.  I really believe July will go by quickly because there were fewer applicants in July (I think) than in previous months.  I will pray for your fiancée later when I can focus better.  I'm Muslim but I pray like I always did when growing up, just having conversations in my head with God.  I don't really know any other way than that.  That doesn't really need a specific religion.  Feel free to private message me if you want to and I will listen.  I know that this lack of a timeline feels hopeless.  But at least my SO has food and shelter and is safe, I can only imagine how you and others in your situation feel.   If it helps, I think they will speed up. 

Yes, I like the tea party idea.  I really wish my Egyptian family and friends would be there.  I'm hoping that they will be able to come soon afterwards and maybe we can go to Lake Winnepesaukee in New Hampshire and rent a cabin.  I know I spelled that incorrectly.  It is the best thing ever to have our fiancé(e)s here and show them stuff they have never seen!

Thank you for your kind words, yes it is very difficult. I appreciate your prayers. We all need this to go through as we all deeply wait for our half other as i called it. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, CAPW said:

Hello August Filers , does anyone have a link to the timelines of which the USCIS is currently processing? Eg June 10th etc, also is there a link to see the approval rates thus far? I'm really hoping for an NOA2 this month of February - August 24th NOA1. 

Thank you 

They are doing overall June and started the first week of July (just started - so only 10 updated) 

Approval rates are hard to guess now for sure, because they are not updating the information online but only sending in mail, we have many (a looooot) people who still have case received status approved, so it is harder to analyze.

On 1/11/2018 at 11:07 PM, Mario B said:

Hello all, I received the NOA1 on August 17 and still waiting for NOA2 just like everyone else. Cannot say enough how frustrating this is. My fiance is in Egypt and I haven't seen here since we got engaged back in July of 2017. We have set our wedding date for July 22, 2018 thinking it would be plenty of time to get everything processed and approved. Does anyone have any valuable information on how long things currently take at NVC then at the consulate of Egypt? We are contemplating pushing our wedding date back.  

We got engaged last July 13, 2017 as well. Me and Nick hoped that I will be home on Valentine's Day when our estimated timeline says we will have noa2 on December 2017. Then dates got pushed back further and further away. Now, we are just hoping and praying that I will be there on my birthday which is on MAY 15th this year. But looking at the processing times right now, I don't wanna hope anymore. I feel like I'm so down. I don't even have the energy to be angry or excited anymore. It'll happen in the right time. 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Hi everyone, 

so more or less 180+ or more should be the expected date for NOA 2? Hopefully it will be more faster so that we can be reunited already. Engaged July 2017 hoping to get married by Feb 2018 but I guess need to push back and pray harder that hopefully not later than May of 2018 we can be together. Prayers for all of us

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.