ScaredyFelix

Ohio State active shooter reported; suspect dead, 8 injured [corrected title]

104 posts in this topic

Parents who give their kids no consequences for their foul ways?

GTA and MW3?

I honestly do not know how today's kids got to be the way they are. I mean, gun homicides are actually down over the past 30 years, it's only MSM reporting that makes it look so bad. But there does seem to be a propensity the past 3-4 years or so to wreak havoc with guns. And not always with the younger crowd.

dude, does the word 'accidental' mean anything to you? no? still all goes back to what's in the heart? how sweet.

Parents who give their kids no consequences for their foul ways?

GTA and MW3?

I honestly do not know how today's kids got to be the way they are. I mean, gun homicides are actually down over the past 30 years, it's only MSM reporting that makes it look so bad. But there does seem to be a propensity the past 3-4 years or so to wreak havoc with guns. And not always with the younger crowd.

Hey now, I was a crackshot with a sniper rifle in the digital game world as a kid and still am to this day. Amazingly never had a desire to shoot anyone or anything irl though based on video game skill. That would be a tremendous waste. My dad always tells this story of ye olden' timey days, where his father, being a hunter, offered to take him to shoot a deer as a teen. He was like all ''woohoo'' about it ya know? His first big manly bonding thing to do. And him staring down the barrel of the gun at this beautiful creature, made him realize in that moment that taking a life was just not his thing. He never picked up a gun ever again and he still gets rather passionate about it. My grandfather was the same way, after coming back from WWII, and this was a man that was a skilled marksman.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Timeline

Oh stop it now. A girl, playing an online game? You'd get PWNED by all the better guys out there! LOL, j/k

Hunting for fun, I don't get. I have never wanted to put a head on a wall. Every animal I ever shot went on the table, or was put down because it was harming our way of life in some manner. Never killed a deer, for me it was mostly rabbits and squirrels. And yeah, more than once I looked down the barrel at the intended target, saw something that made me put the gun down and just watch. My grandfather, the man who gave me my first gun, taught me to respect life, never take it unnecessarily. Maybe that is what was missing from a generation?

Hey now, I was a crackshot with a sniper rifle in the digital game world as a kid and still am to this day. Amazingly never had a desire to shoot anyone or anything irl though based on video game skill. That would be a tremendous waste. My dad always tells this story of ye olden' timey days, where his father, being a hunter, offered to take him to shoot a deer as a teen. He was like all ''woohoo'' about it ya know? His first big manly bonding thing to do. And him staring down the barrel of the gun at this beautiful creature, made him realize in that moment that taking a life was just not his thing. He never picked up a gun ever again and he still gets rather passionate about it. My grandfather was the same way, after coming back from WWII, and this was a man that was a skilled marksman.

Not sure how you bridged the gap between someone trying to kill people at a university to accidental shootings by kids with no malice a forethought... But that is part of your charm, I suppose.

The two are unrelated. Can we get back to the topic at hand now?

dude, does the word 'accidental' mean anything to you? no? still all goes back to what's in the heart? how sweet.

Not sure how you bridged the gap between someone trying to kill people at a university to accidental shootings by kids with no malice a forethought... But that is part of your charm, I suppose.

The two are unrelated. Can we get back to the topic at hand now?

sorry, momentarily forgot you pick and choose how and when to follow a conversation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A post with an inappropriate statement in it has been removed. Avoid getting personal.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I believe YOU are the one who took an active terrorist event and tried to somehow equate it to an innocent kid hurting somoene in an accidental shooting due to an unsecured gun?

sorry, momentarily forgot you pick and choose how and when to follow a conversation.

I believe YOU are the one who took an active terrorist event and tried to somehow equate it to an innocent kid hurting somoene in an accidental shooting due to an unsecured gun?

i'm sorry you believe that's how things went down, please feel free to re-read any of the posts in this thread that lead to your odd conclusion.

I don't need to re-read anything. We were having a nice discussion on the "shooter" event at OSU, and discussing what makes people decide to do evil, and you posted the link about kids and accidental shootings.

i'm sorry you believe that's how things went down, please feel free to re-read any of the posts in this thread that lead to your odd conclusion.

Such a useless post.

If you find it silly, why waste your time posting in it? After all, one could say about 95% of the threads in CEHST are silly, right?

I had the time, and I took it. The gun aficionado crowd appears to be the same crowd jumping on the terrorism bandwagon and once again lighting off on silly ban cars and knives tropes. None of them give a rats behind about the daily gun carnage in the US and if this isn't terrorism will abandone this thread completely.

Silly. And spot on without need for further clarification.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Hunting for fun, I don't get. I have never wanted to put a head on a wall. Every animal I ever shot went on the table, or was put down because it was harming our way of life in some manner. Never killed a deer, for me it was mostly rabbits and squirrels.

Did you eat the squirrels? If not, how was a squirrel harming your way of life? Are you a nut farmer?

Never killed anything beyond a bug/spider. Never had a desire. My grandfather fought in WW2, took lives and never used a gun (or owned one) again. In my short time in Texas I have yet to know anyone who has a story where having a gun protected them in any way. I'm sure it happens, I just have no personal experience or know anyone with experience that would influence me. I also plan on having children soon and would never ever keep a gun in the house with a child.

I had the time, and I took it. The gun aficionado crowd appears to be the same crowd jumping on the terrorism bandwagon and once again lighting off on silly ban cars and knives tropes. None of them give a rats behind about the daily gun carnage in the US and if this isn't terrorism will abandone this thread completely.

Silly. And spot on without need for further clarification.

I care about the many hundreds killed every year in Chicago by illegal gun owners in a tightly controlled city