ibocan

Copy or Original documents

22 posts in this topic

Hey Guys next week i am planing to send K1 documents. i have a questions.

there are 2 documents, g-325a and statement of intent to marry must be orriginal or can i use copy of them? she is out of country and she is planing to scan them send it to me. do you think i can use copy of them?

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

G-325A and Letter of Intent must be ORIGINAL. Copies will not be accepted.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Hi,

We just sent k1 documents. Your fiancee should send you the original g-325 and intent to marry letter with her signature and date.

Addition to that she have to send also her current 2x2 picture with her full name, date, and signature at the back.

I did the same to my fiancee in california.

Hope that info helps you. Thanks. :)

May 9,2016: = sent i-129f to USCIS

May 13,2016 : = uscis app NOA1

May 17,2016: = NOA1 rcvd and dated same date

June 16, 2016: = Updated petitioner Date of Birth ( USCIS mispelled it )

August 3,2016: = NOA2. I checked our case to app and its APRROVED!!!! yehey "Thanks LORD" :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

August 9,2016: = NOA2 hardcopy received Dated August 3,2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
August 16, 2016: = NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE :)
Aug 18, 2016: = Case # INV #
CASE STATUS: = "IN TRANSIT" praying to be ready so soon!! (L)
Aug 21, 2016: = Case Status " READY " thank you LORD. :idea:
Aug 22, 2016: = Received Packet 3. But found out our case mistakenly sent to wrong US Embassy. :cry:
Aug 28,2016: = CASE IN TRANSFER PROCESSING :idea:
Sept 1, 2016: = CASE Received by Abu Dhabi USEM status "READY" ...YESSS :)
Sept 7:29: = case status date change still "READY"
October 20,2016: = RECEIVED PACKET 3!! YAY..THANK YOU LORD
October 27,2016: = Interview. Guide me O' Lord and approved our petition. Thank you. :) APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Originals from the U.S. petitioner, copies from the overseas beneficiary via email. I've done this twice and both K-1s were approved. First relationship didn't work out. They, USCIS, do not expect originals mailed from overseas. They would have to go through customs, take a lot of time, the beneficiary will have to travel to the FEDEX office which would cost money plus money to mail. Much hassle.

Originals from the U.S. petitioner, copies from the overseas beneficiary via email. I've done this twice and both K-1s were approved. First relationship didn't work out. They, USCIS, do not expect originals mailed from overseas. They would have to go through customs, take a lot of time, the beneficiary will have to travel to the FEDEX office which would cost money plus money to mail. Much hassle.

Thank you it is a good news. :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I'd have thought they' require live signatures. Mail doesn't always take forever to get from one country from another and there's a track and trace service with pretty much any postal service I imagine. Doesn't have to be FEDEX, but they do deliver to your door.

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Found the followign on https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2005/i129f_g325a_110105.pdf

"A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication".

So i guess even though they are not supposed to send the RFE in that matter, it's up to the reviewing officer if he/she is aware of this memorandum.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Found the followign on https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2005/i129f_g325a_110105.pdf

"A properly executed Form G-325A is required for all I-129F petitions. Previously it was standard practice to issue an RFE when the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to submit photographs. From the date of this memorandum, an RFE should not be issued in instances where the beneficiary failed to sign the G-325A and/or failed to include photographs provided that the beneficiary is residing abroad. The beneficiary will be required to sign the Form G-325A and/or submit photographs at the time of visa issuance abroad. It is also not necessary to RFE for the petitioner’s signature on the G-325A, if the petitioner failed to sign it. The signature of the petitioner on the Form I-129F should be deemed sufficient for purposes of adjudicating the petition. Finally, it is important to note that the petitioner’s photograph is still required for the adjudication of the I-129F, so if it is missing, it must be requested prior to adjudication".

So i guess even though they are not supposed to send the RFE in that matter, it's up to the reviewing officer if he/she is aware of this memorandum.

But is is about missing photograph or signature. my package wont have any documents missing signature or passport picture. it will have copy of it. So i believe it wont be problem.

Thank you for the info

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I almost always used copies, never had a problem.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

There is nothing in the I-129F petition instructions that ask for an original signature on the statements of intent. This is something that has been discussed many times. I have not seen RFEs for original signatures on the letters of intent for quite some time now. They used to be handed out fairly frequently, but a few years ago, when the new edition of the I-129F came out, the instructions changed a bit. They removed the wording asking for 'original statements'. All of this was just discussed once again in this thread from a few months ago > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/575780-letter-of-intent-to-marry-rfe/

Here is a thread about it from 2 years ago> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/491361-original-signatures-for-letter-of-intent-and-g-325a/page-2#entry6949811

The person that went through the RFE thread and organized it even stated there had not been RFEs for original signatures. >

http://www.visajourn...-2#entry7900406

I can confirm that recent RFE's from the master list were for not including a letter of intent at all. None of the recent RFE's were for not having original signatures. People who recently responded on the master list I typed up sent Wet signatures to be safe, but I can confirm that no RECENT RFE's have been for non original signature.

As for the G-325A, since in the past people have even typed "beneficiary will sign at interview" and have been accepted, I believe scanned versions of signatures for this form will be ok too. I see many people state they sent scanned copied of letter of intent and G-325A and had no RFE. Of course if you want to be completely safe, you can have the foreign fiance(e) sign both and mail them to you through a courier service, along with the US size passport photo.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Even though not required, copies are fine, and it cost more by my fiancee to send me original signed documents via EMS (4 days and $14.00 from Japan), for peace of mind, I submitted originals in the package and kept 3 copies. I also went as far as to have two versions of the G-325A. One signed with Japanese Signature and the other signed with American Signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As the person that KayDeeCee is referrencing if it helps make you all feel better, I can confirm that recent RFE's have all been for packets that have been sent without the form or letter itself. There are no recent RFE for not having a "wet" signature on the document.

If someone did get an RFE for a missing G-325A or forgetting a letter of intent to marry they did usually opt to send a "wet" signature after their initial mistake to ensure it was approved after the original error. I saw this question coming up a lot lately in a couple of different threads so I went back through the list and my longer file with the full descriptions and, as far as what has been reported, an RFE for not having a "wet" signature has not been seen for just under 2 years.

Hope this helps, but also keep in mind that not all RFE's that have been sent, have been fully reported in the thread for me to update. Lately there are not as many RFE's going out which I hope is due to the thread, but I do not work for USCIS so I can't confirm 100%.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

G-325A is accepted as a copy from overseas. Original from the U.S. petitioner. That's the way I did it and it worked just fine. In fact, I never submitted any original documents coming from my fiancé, all copies of everything on email.

Not true. YOU dodged an RFE ... that is what you did. G-325A does require original signature

Page 6, Item 8 https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.