M+G

People in the NVC stage of their K-1 visa

186 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I want to start a thread for people who's petitions have recently (last two weeks or so) received their NOA2 and now have moved on to the NVC "waiting" stage.

Since there are no timelines for this stage, I thought this thread could be useful for my (and likely others) peace of mind if we were to keep each other updated on outcomes of calling and checking up on our petitions and by doing so we should be able to infer how fast or slow everything is moving along.

I got my NOA2 issued on Monday, May 7th. At this point I plan to wait until next week when I'll call for the first time to check if all was received by the NVC.

If you feel such a tread will be useful to you too, please join and tell us about your experience with the NVC thus far...

Cheers!

Hi everyone!

I want to start a thread for people who's petitions have recently (last two weeks or so) received their NOA2 and now have moved on to the NVC "waiting" stage.

Since there are no timelines for this stage, I thought this thread could be useful for my (and likely others) peace of mind if we were to keep each other updated on outcomes of calling and checking up on our petitions and by doing so we should be able to infer how fast or slow everything is moving along.

I got my NOA2 issued on Monday, May 7th. At this point I plan to wait until next week when I'll call for the first time to check if all was received by the NVC.

If you feel such a tread will be useful to you too, please join and tell us about your experience with the NVC thus far...

Cheers!

Great thread idea! I got my NOA2 notification on Tuesday and I'm reading all the guides, forums specific to the UK, etc. to prepare for the next step. It felt so great to finally get my NOA2, but there's still so much more that needs to be done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

This is just what I needed! My fiancee got the NOA2 in late April 2012, but until this point he hasn't gotten the package back or anything (he did get the receipt). Are we (me and him) understanding this correctly that after he gets the NOA2, he supposed to get the original package that he sent for petition then he would send that package to me, right?

Sorry if this is a reply at a wrong place. Help. Should he calls the NVC?

Thanks

There are no timelines for this stage because the period that your petition sits at NVC is generally very short.

The embassy will contact you when your petition has arrived and give you instructions on what to do next. I don't see a point in calling NVC on a daily basis.

This is just what I needed! My fiancee got the NOA2 in late April 2012, but until this point he hasn't gotten the package back or anything (he did get the receipt). Are we (me and him) understanding this correctly that after he gets the NOA2, he supposed to get the original package that he sent for petition then he would send that package to me, right?

Sorry if this is a reply at a wrong place. Help. Should he calls the NVC?

Thanks

He is not supposed to get the package back. After the NOA2, USCIS sends the package to NVC, NVC then forwards it onto the consulate in the beneficiary's home country. The consulate will then contact the beneficiary with steps on what needs to be provided prior to the interview.

Your fiance should have made a copy of the package and sent it to you so that you know the contents of it.

For you, since it's been over a month since it was approved, there's no harm in calling NVC to see where it is. They can tell you if they've assigned a case number to it and forwarded it to the consulate. No harm in calling.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

There are no timelines for this stage because the period that your petition sits at NVC is generally very short.

The embassy will contact you when your petition has arrived and give you instructions on what to do next. I don't see a point in calling NVC on a daily basis.

Well at this point, I believe for others as well as myself, 2 weeks is a long time :) And as you can see, a week later people are still finding out that their petitions have not even been touched (or received) yet.

From all sorts of comments around the time of my NOA2 I've been reading that NVC has slowed down quite a bit according to the flowchart for K-1 we should expect at the 2 week point for the NVC to be forwarding the packet already...

Well at this point, I believe for others as well as myself, 2 weeks is a long time :) And as you can see, a week later people are still finding out that their petitions have not even been touched (or received) yet.

From all sorts of comments around the time of my NOA2 I've been reading that NVC has slowed down quite a bit according to the flowchart for K-1 we should expect at the 2 week point for the NVC to be forwarding the packet already...

Well yes, offices get delayed. And sometimes, the people you speak with on the phone don't have the new information. I was told they hadn't received my package when it had actually already been forwarded to the consulate. There really is nothing the petitioner or beneficiary can do at this point but wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

He is not supposed to get the package back. After the NOA2, USCIS sends the package to NVC, NVC then forwards it onto the consulate in the beneficiary's home country. The consulate will then contact the beneficiary with steps on what needs to be provided prior to the interview.

Your fiance should have made a copy of the package and sent it to you so that you know the contents of it.

For you, since it's been over a month since it was approved, there's no harm in calling NVC to see where it is. They can tell you if they've assigned a case number to it and forwarded it to the consulate. No harm in calling.

I agree with this. good.gif

We know what a week feels like while on this process... so we can ABSOLUTELY relate; at the same time, I can assure you that, if you start helping your other halves get ready for the interview, or start preparing for it yourselves, time will go by faster than being in front of the computer.... and I mean this is the sweetest way.

The more time I had spent on the forum waiting or staring at my inbox expecting magical miracles, the more it felt as if time had stopped!

STAY AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER! Go outside! Walk, run, take a DEEP BREATH! Have some coffee or tea while at it... ENJOY YOUR SURROUNDINGS... life is still happening out there... enjoy it. rose.gif

Hi everyone!

Cheers!

The NVC never contacted me so a week later after my NOA2 I started calling NVC, DOS, & USCIS,every single day at least 3 times a day and each one told me that in 15 business days NVC will have my package and they were right. So from what I've seen now it's taking them 2 - 3 full weeks to start entering I-129F petitons in the system. However, once is in their system, they usually ship it out within 2 to 3 business days to the assigned consulate. Hang in there!! The wait is almost over! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Excellent thread :thumbs:

I received my NOA2 on May 3. I did myself a favor and stopped stressing over the NVC stage ... :whistle: til today! hehe

I know each case is different. I haven't attempted to call the NVC number because I don't have the case number they assign... so can I call even if I don't have it (I'm the petitioner)? :blush:

I'm sorry if someone already answered something similar... I may have overlooked. :innocent:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Got my NOA2 on April, the 24th, called today and they don't have the petition yet. I've complained all over the place.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Timeline

Got my NOA2 on April, the 24th, called today and they don't have the petition yet. I've complained all over the place.

To quote Coconuts who posted above "Well yes, offices get delayed. And sometimes, the people you speak with on the phone don't have the new information. I was told they hadn't received my package when it had actually already been forwarded to the consulate." Hopefully that's the case with your petition!

The wait continues...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I received my NOA2 Apr 12 and NVC received my petition Apr 26. As of today, my petition still has not left NVC :( It is so frustrating - almost more so than waiting for the NOA2 because i knew that wait would be long, and everyone kept saying how fast it would go once it got to NVC, however, our petition is one of the lucky ones that got pulled to undergo additional processing and they will give no time frame on when it will be be sent to the embassy. I can't tell you how disappointing it is to think you are finally on your way (i know - its only the beginning of the journey) only to be stuck at NVC. I'm trying to stay positive but it's really getting tough.

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

been waiting for 5 months for the NOA2..and got finally got it on 2 MAY.

I don't know why it's more stressful during the wait for our package to NVC then to the consulate. :wacko:

me and my fiance are both very stressed...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

exactly how i feel!

K1 Visa                                                                 Adjustment of Status                                                             ROC

Service Center : California Service Center                        CIS Office : Kansas City MO Service Center                           California Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2011-11-18                                 Date Filed : 2012-09-04 Date                            Filed: 2015-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-11-23                                      NOA Date : 2012-09-06                                                             NOA1 Date: 2015-05-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none                                              RFE(s) : NONE                                              RFE(s): NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-12                                                 Bio. Appt. : 2012-10-03                                                              BIO. Appt.: 2015-09-15

NVC Received : 2012-04-26

NVC Left : 2012-05-10                                           EAD/AP Approved : 2012-11-08                             ROC APPROVED:2015-10-26      

Consulate Received : 2012-05-14                               EAD/AP Card Received : 2012-11-17                         Green card Received: 2015-11-04    

Packet 3 Received : 2012-05-17                                          Green card Approved : 2013-07-08                        NO INTERVIEW

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-05-20                                                    NO INTERVIEW

Interview Date : 2012-06-26                                                 Green Card Received : 2013-07-15

Interview Result : Approved                                                 

Visa Received : 2012-06-26                                                   

US Entry : 2012-07-05

Marriage : 2012-08-24

N-400 Naturalization:

04/25/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS AZ courier address thru FedEx

05/04/2106 NOA I-797 Receipt Notice Date
05/27/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
06/08/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
06/13/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
07/18/2016 Date of Interview
08/11/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Kansas City, MO

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.