M+G

People in the NVC stage of their K-1 visa

186 posts in this topic

Good news, they've just got mine, to be mailed out in 10-20 business days.

YAY!!! :dance: I'm really excited for you - and I think that makes it 14 business days from your NOA2 based on your timeline, so that's pretty much in line with the timeframe the woman on the phone told me today.

I'm excited things are moving forward for you!

Edited by orangedesk

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Yes, 14 business days which felt a lot longer than the previous 5 months! The human mind is unpredictable.

Thank you, hope yours comes fast too!

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations to all who have made it to the NVC! I say call often as you like to check on your case. The folks at NVC are very nice and helpful. Once NVC tells you the date they forwarded your case to the embassy then y'all can try this DHL trick to watch your package go from NVC to your embassy. Good Luck To Everyone!! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well .. I`m very frustated .. my fiance keep calling NVC to see if they got our package out there .. but the answer is NO .. sir wait 15 days bla bla bla ..

We received NOA2 on the 7th May .. and still no answer from NVC .. but what makes me upset I know a lot of ppl from Brazil who got their RDJ number in 6-10 days .. and I cant understand how they do it ??? Does anybody here know how USCIS send to NVC ??? They use DHL as well to send to NVC as they do to send to the consulates ???

Also I`m wondering how they prepare to send to NVC ... all the packages aprroved in the same day ?? or they probably wait to get a lot and send 1-2 times per week ??? cause i cant believe a mail could take up to 15 days to be there .. even if u buy something online for free shipping it could arrive before that ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My case was transferred to NVC in 14 days and still sitting there since

April 26. It's been one month and 4 days still noa2.

My case is not gone to embassy yet.

This is the hard part.

Some cases takes longer than other . NVC people can take up to 4 weeks. Hang in there .

Keep postings guys.

Thanks

ticker.png

Timeline

Well .. I`m very frustated .. my fiance keep calling NVC to see if they got our package out there .. but the answer is NO .. sir wait 15 days bla bla bla ..

We received NOA2 on the 7th May .. and still no answer from NVC .. but what makes me upset I know a lot of ppl from Brazil who got their RDJ number in 6-10 days .. and I cant understand how they do it ??? Does anybody here know how USCIS send to NVC ??? They use DHL as well to send to NVC as they do to send to the consulates ??? Yes they send the packages using DHL and when you look at the DHL site you can see they ship out packages everyday

Also I`m wondering how they prepare to send to NVC ... all the packages aprroved in the same day ?? Everyday cases are approved and mailed out using DHL or they probably wait to get a lot and send 1-2 times per week ??? cause i cant believe a mail could take up to 15 days to be there .. even if u buy something online for free shipping it could arrive before that ... NVC goes over your complete case before sending it out to the embassy this can take up to 6 weeks for some people. Ours took 14 days. Did you speak with a human to get your new case number? You can call everyday if you like to check the status of your case,they're very nice ppl at NVC. Good Luck!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

We received NOA2 on the 7th May .. and still no answer from NVC .. but what makes me upset I know a lot of ppl from Brazil who got their RDJ number in 6-10 days .. and I cant understand how they do it ??? Does anybody here know how USCIS send to NVC ??? They use DHL as well to send to NVC as they do to send to the consulates ???

Also I`m wondering how they prepare to send to NVC ... all the packages aprroved in the same day ?? or they probably wait to get a lot and send 1-2 times per week ??? cause i cant believe a mail could take up to 15 days to be there .. even if u buy something online for free shipping it could arrive before that ...

I checked DHL.com using the DHL trick and I found a package mailed out yesterday (5/15) to Brazil - This COULD BE yours Waybill: 9138670590 - Have you called today to check your status? call and ask to see if yours was mailed out if so this MIGHT BE it.

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I checked DHL.com using the DHL trick and I found a package mailed out yesterday (5/15) to Brazil - This COULD BE yours Waybill: 9138670590 - Have you called today to check your status? call and ask to see if yours was mailed out if so this MIGHT BE it.

Hi how does this work? i mean i kind of know it but still confused about putting dates..so at the top do you use todays date?

Timeline

This is the hard part.

Some cases takes longer than other . NVC people can take up to 4 weeks. Hang in there .

Keep postings guys.

Thanks

Hi, I used the DHL trick to check packages going to India and found one went out yesterday (5/15) dhl.com - Waybill: 9138669886 This doesn't mean this is it but calling NVC to check your status wouldn't hurt. When I was so tired of calling everyday I just started doing the DHL Trick everyday to see if any packages were going to egypt and when I saw one I would check my status then, it caused me less stress his way. Good Luck!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi how does this work? i mean i kind of know it but still confused about putting dates..so at the top do you use todays date?

Like this:

SHIPPERS REFERENCE : EXP 14 MAY 2012A

DATE RANGE FOR SHIPMENT -FROM: 10 - 05 - 2012

DATE RANGE FOR SHIPMENT -TO: 16 - 05 - 2012

SHIPMENT DESTINATION: CHOOSE YOUR COUNTRY

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Like this:

SHIPPERS REFERENCE : EXP 14 MAY 2012A

DATE RANGE FOR SHIPMENT -FROM: 10 - 05 - 2012

DATE RANGE FOR SHIPMENT -TO: 16 - 05 - 2012

SHIPMENT DESTINATION: CHOOSE YOUR COUNTRY

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/

My question for this method is only regarding the "SHIPPERS REFERENCE : EXP 14 MAY 2012A" How do you determine that? And why is it 14 MAY not 16? Thanks!

Timeline

My question for this method is only regarding the "SHIPPERS REFERENCE : EXP 14 MAY 2012A" How do you determine that? And why is it 14 MAY not 16? Thanks!

You will want to use the "FROM DATE " which is before todays date, Todays date should appear in the "TO DATE " If you click the link I have on the page you can see photos of how it should look also. By using an earlier date you can see what has shipped recently. Good Luck!

Also DHL shippments show the shipping time to be between 2pm - 6pm so checking after 6pm each day is best :)

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you .. I will check it out :) I`ll tell my fiance to call again today ... Do you think they can know that he calls everyday ?? lol im afraid they get mad and delay haha our process on purpose :P

Timeline

Thank you .. I will check it out :) I`ll tell my fiance to call again today ... Do you think they can know that he calls everyday ?? lol im afraid they get mad and delay haha our process on purpose :P

They shouldn't get mad after all you did pay alot of money to file K1. I called every other day until I started doing the DHL trick, I looked at dHL everyday and If I saw a package going to Egypt then I called NVC. I called to ask NVC and was thrilled when they told me it was sent to the embassy. The package I saw the day I was searching dhl that was going to Egypt was ours. The DHL trick is a great way to see packages going to your country even if it might not be your package it's worth asking NVC if it is :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

This is the hard part.

Keep postings guys.

Thanks

I feel your pain. NOA2 on the 24th of April, and petition still stuck in NVC.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.